What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

BLM01

First Grade
I'm hearing Jason Ryles is the front runner, that is while he remains uncommited to the Storm. Hasler has gone on the back burner as he is overseas and yet to talk to the Board, in fact our useless FO is yet to even interview a single candidate. Meanwhile the team Griffin assembled continues to lose games they had a big sniff to win.
I heard different re Hasler and being overseas does not stop a Zoom call or interview
I note Des name as been dropped out of recent media reports this week and flying under the radar exactly as all the parties would want
That confirms to me he is the one 🤔
Happy to be proven wrong or right on this one but my gut feel
Sounds like the journos have been given a bum steer typically and running with it or at Least the league legend in his own mind Hooper
How do you know they gave not interviewed anyone?
Hooper is just regurgitating old assumptions

Illusion

Bench
I heard different re Hasler and being overseas does not stop a Zoom call or interview
I note Des name as been dropped out of recent media reports this week and flying under the radar exactly as all the parties would want
Sounds like the journos have been given a bum steer typically and running with it or at Least the league legend in his own mind Hooper
I hope it is Des , fingers crossed .......

TruSaint

Referee

I hope your gut feel it right.

Murfy

Juniors
All reports is that it’s out of Ryles and Hornby. Not sure if anyone else saw that footage of the storm dressing room after their game when Billy Slater was doing all the talking amongst their coaches? Maybe Slater has privately told the storm he wants the job when Bellamy retires? Might explain why Ryles is somewhat back on the radar for us.

If we somehow end up with Ryles as coach, Richardson as GM of footy and Nathan Brown head of recruitment I’d be stoked

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yep , no more ex players to coach , the only one maybe , is Brownie ....... He has done his time ....... Still have an inkling it could be Young , if so that will do me ......
Yep , no more ex players to coach , the only one maybe , is Brownie ....... He has done his time ....... Still have an inkling it could be Young , if so that will do me ......
I agree I think the old mans been grooming whoever wants to listen to him re Deano

RedVee_8

Juniors
Nope he's up here on the GC for a week with well at least half of the squad so nothing is going to happen this week. All members have been invited to a 1 hr meeting next Tuesday to ask members of the board a question. It's in Wollongong and a last minute arrangement. You can zoom into the meeting. I walked past half of the squad yesterday when their bus parked outside my apartment complex. They went for a swim and into the Northcliffe SLSC. They didn't make any eye contact. Just wanted to be left alone. I was wearing my dragons gear walking my dog but they just kept eyes down the whole time.
Can we choose the question?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Id like to think your hunch re Hasler is on the money.....BUT !!!! We rarely get what we hope/wish for these days.....personally I doubt very much that Des is on his way, I hope I'm wrong....more like Ronald McDonald tbh.....I can just see the golden arches hanging above Kogarah and Wynne ....sort of goes with the Ringling Bros and Barnam and Bailey sign that hangs above our Board Room

Last edited:

Nanadragon

Juniors
Can't stand Hooper

blacksafake

First Grade
If Ryles is interested again, its probably because a) the Storm wont be hiring him in the near future and b) perhaps we have made some other appointments that give him some confidence (such as replacing Haran with someone decent).

I wanted an experienced coach.. but if you are going to choose a rookie.. he is the one.. but I still think he needs some good heads around him.. not what we have currently.
Hopefully B

hewi

Bench
“The Dragons have a tough draw in the next five weeks starting with the Cowboys who put in their best performance of the season against the Roosters, so they could lose 10 in a row, which may prove pre-season wooden spoon predictions correct.”

From Foxsports. If it was to happen I hope the board hang their collective heads in shame, what an embarrassment this once mighty club has become.

dannyt

Coach
I’d take anyone at this stage that knew & understood the modern game. I thought the Peanut was the pits until along come CCC (Coke Can Coach)
Any wonder his nickname is Hook! FMD just do it….
Well at least Hornby is well respected & has a reputation at the Bunnies of being a smart assistant coach developing their attack.
Pricey, Peanut & CCC never had the coaching reputation to attract decent talent, only dollars was the draw card.
If it is Hornby, paired with Brownie looking after recruitment & pathway systems, I’d be happy.
The further Haran & Millward are moved out the side door, the better.
The problem is that the same thought was around with Price, Peanut, and Hook (I prefer to call him H-t-C, but I can't on this forum)-sack them because anyone is better. Unfortunately, we've managed to appoint a worse coach than the predecessor each time. Now, that's not to stay that Hook should stay any longer because he's damaging the club the longer he stays. He should be marched out right now. Agree regarding Haran and Millward.

dannyt

Coach
Hooper is a regurgitation of old assumptions.

Como Connection

First Grade
We all know how bad Griffin has been as we see it every week. Playing favorites with his mates, dumping juniors, now mass cullings of good players, made scapegoats for his incompetence. But what of his assistants, Ryan Carr and Ben Woolf. Are they being given free rein at training or kept in the background as past assistants under Griffin have been. Our biggest weakness is our defense, more so than our structureless attack. I think it is Carr that is our defense coach. He'd not have been employed if he was a dud after that Gentle bloke so what influence is he having on our poor defenders.
Carr is attack coach.
CC