What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

LINESPEED

Juniors
Wait till meeting
Surely he goes today.

Gould’s only remaining use would be to oversee a total cleanout:

The entire club needs to be blown up’... and there’s a call for this man to fix the Dragons
NRL PREMIERSHIP

His continuing pseudo-defence of Mc FMD remains a pox on his career.

Oh, and BTW

Mc Gregor remains ‘coach’

TruSaint

Referee
Paul McGregor future: Dragons shock as coach survives

Michael Carayannis, Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
June 9, 2020 12:19pm

Paul McGregor has survived as St George Illawarra coach.

McGregor’s future was discussed at an emergency board meeting called by Dragons directors on Tuesday morning.

Amid pressure from fans and members, Saints’ board elected against axing McGregor despite the club’s 0-4 start to the 2020 season.

It is understood the club would have been forced into a $1m payout to oust McGregor.

Frustration at the club’s awful performances – which included finishing 15th last season – reached a crescendo after a 22-2 loss to fellow strugglers Canterbury on Sunday.

McGregor won just one finals game in his six-and-a-half seasons in charge of the famous club. He is though just four games into a new two-season extension.

The Dragons board was due to meet on June 16 but were forced to bring forward their discussions after Sunday’s horror loss.

It would have cost the club between $1.6m to $1.8m to sack and replace McGregor.

St George Illawarra is running dead last on the NRL competition table and hasn’t scored a try in 81 days.

Those close to the club are adamant senior players – including Ben Hunt, James Graham, Paul Vaughan, Corey Norman, Tariq Sims and Tyson Frizell – must share the blame and responsibility for McGregor’s demise.

Hunt and Norman are filling $2m a year in the club’s salary cap.

Earlier, close friend and former Blues teammate Laurie Daley indicated he would tell McGregor to walk away from the position.

“If I’m looking at Mary (McGregor) now and he asked me that, I know what I’d have to say to him,” Daley said on the Big Sports Breakfast on Tuesday morning.

“I would say mate, it’s not working. You seriously need to consider your position.

“I look at you now and you’re not the same person. It looks as though it’s getting to you. Do you need the stress in your life?”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/9781aaecaec274832561d9d49572299b

So the media gets onto this emergency meeting, and releases the info to the public.
OK, now the honeymoon is over MR Webb.

Time to front the cameras.

I gave him the benefit of doubt as he's only just been appointed, but he needs to address this asap.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Inside pic of the board meeting just now.

giphy.gif

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Wasted half my RDO watching Netflix and checking updates all morning what a bloody waste of time I could have been doing something productive like having a wank, because that’s what our board seems to be doing.

J.moz

Juniors
Mary and the board needs to be removed after todays news. Members and supporters power need to email the football club.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I’ve always hated those guys who said shit like “I’ve been a supporter for 50 years...and now I’m leaving”

I totally get it now. This team makes it so hard for people to support it.

TruSaint

Referee
Dragons statement: Paul McGregor
Author
Dragons.com.audragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 9 Jun 2020, 12:42 PM
Share on social media

St George Illawarra can confirm the club's Board of Directors convened on Tuesday morning to discuss the future of coach Paul McGregor, following the Dragons' poor start to the 2020 season.

The Dragons' board have confirmed McGregor will continue on as St George Illawarra coach.

"Although the board acknowledges the club's performances so far throughout 2020 have been unacceptable; we will continue to support Paul, his staff and the team through these tough times," Dragons Chairman Andrew Gordon said.

"We are committed to Paul as coach of the St George Illawarra Dragons and look forward to seeing him right the wrongs of the opening month of the current campaign.

"We are a club that stands by our people when under pressure. This is a time for loyalty, strength and commitment from the players, coach, board and staff to improve."

The Dragons will be making no further comment regarding McGregor at this stage.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/06/09/dragons-statement-paul-mcgregor/

YoHadrian

Juniors
Author
Timestamp
Share on social media

St George Illawarra can confirm the club's Board of Directors convened on Tuesday morning to discuss the future of coach Paul McGregor, following the Dragons' poor start to the 2020 season.

The Dragons' board have confirmed McGregor will continue on as St George Illawarra coach.

"Although the board acknowledges the club's performances so far throughout 2020 have been unacceptable; we will continue to support Paul, his staff and the team through these tough times," Dragons Chairman Andrew Gordon said.

"We are committed to Paul as coach of the St George Illawarra Dragons and look forward to seeing him right the wrongs of the opening month of the current campaign.

"We are a club that stands by our people when under pressure. This is a time for loyalty, strength and commitment from the players, coach, board and staff to improve."

That isn't just support of the board that is actual f***ing support. :mad:

Gareth67

First Grade
F##king arse wipes ! You pathetic bunch of prucks , you are completely controlled by the WIN Corp and the Gordon’s .

I rue the day that mob bought into the Joint Venture , if only they had gone with one of the other bidders , we would not be in this soul destroying position that we now find ourselves .

There simply is no hope any longer for the Dragons , they may as well call us the Little Red V in future as that is what the club has become . Not interested is success on the football field , but only about the almighty dollar .

Arse wipes !

Last edited:

Saint Angelo

Juniors
It is understood the club would have been forced into a $1m payout to oust McGregor.

Anyone looking for a reason don't need to go much further than that. They don't care if we end up with the wooden spoon. Shouldn't be surprised.

$1M PAYOUT ???

We will still pay for this bloke regardless !!!

hazzbeen

Bench
..."We are committed to Paul as coach of the St George Illawarra Dragons and look forward to seeing him right the wrongs of the opening month of the current campaign.

"We are a club that stands by our people when under pressure. This is a time for loyalty, strength and commitment from the players, coach, board and staff to improve." F**k me bunch of gutless wonders the coach has had 7 years he is out of his depth.... Boys club as strong as ever like I said the CEO has beenhand picked puppet ......

LINESPEED

Juniors
Author
Timestamp
Share on social media

So The Gordons get their way again and invite further acrimony & disdain

...as they commit their so-called friend to months of ridicule and the potential life-threatening pressure alluded to by
Lozza.

....as the hatred for the coach intensifies

So it’ll be Turnstile & Hole-in-the-Wall on Teamsheet Tuesday & in your face for the remaining fans

... bring on the Sharks’ flogging

Such great theatre

(as the juniors now depart en masse)

Latest posts