What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

BLM01

First Grade
Gould is trying to 'justify' the so called review he did.
He's been on this maintaining the status quo since then. To suddenly reverse would significantly effect his 'profile' in the sport.

I wonder how Hook feels about that!

I am taking zero credence in anything he says about the Dragons.
Hook and Ivan Cleary Round 1
Did he not have a hand in punting Ricky when linked to the Roosters

Crush

Coach
Look at Kurt Mann now he’s playing at 5/8 and has a decent coach, add in Field and Garrick how much proof do the board want of his incompetence. Lastly piss off Norman and let’s take Green from the Warriors for a year.
I have to say Kurt Mann is playing excellent football now. He looks like a 6. I used to be critical of the Kurt Mann fanclub but I must say I got it wrong. He's a very good footballer.

Dragons 09

Juniors
I have to say Kurt Mann is playing excellent football now. He looks like a 6. I used to be critical of the Kurt Mann fanclub but I must say I got it wrong. He's a very good footballer.

As vice president of the Kurt Mann fan club you speak of, (Como being the founding president), no one is happier for him than i am. His raw talent was always obvious, just needed the right mentoring and a bit of self belief and his current form was always on the cards.

I will sit back and wait for gitano to concede he also got it wrong (kudos to you for doing so)..........although i suspect it's going to be a long wait........he still think Euan will play origin this year!

Crush

Coach
As vice president of the Kurt Mann fan club you speak of, (Como being the founding president), no one is happier for him than i am. His raw talent was always obvious, just needed the right mentoring and a bit of self belief and his current form was always on the cards.

I will sit back and wait for gitano to concede he also got it wrong (kudos to you for doing so)..........although i suspect it's going to be a long wait........he still think Euan will play origin this year!
I suspect gitano is just having a bit of fun with the Aitken vs Lomax thing. People get riled up so he goes with it.
Just on admitting when you are wrong, there was a time back in 2016/17 where I supported and defended Mary on this forum. I thought he was hardly done by by posters on here.
F**k did I get that one wrong!

All he needed was to be given a fair go and time on the field.
Never was, got fed up and left.
Now another Team is reaping the benefits.
Good luck to him I say

hazzbeen

Bench
I suspect gitano is just having a bit of fun with the Aitken vs Lomax thing. People get riled up so he goes with it.
Just on admitting when you are wrong, there was a time back in 2016/17 where I supported and defended Mary on this forum. I thought he was hardly done by by posters on here.
Good on you Crush for manning up , I am not being a smart arse here , I never rated Mary as a coach or any of his decisions ....

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Juniors

Well hindsight is always fun!
I gave Mary the benefit of the doubt for ages. (where is that ashamed face emoji). That admitted, and now knowing pulling the plug early would have been a smart move, I just didn't have the information at the time to call differently, and if we look at all the calls on this forum... well you can't run a club (or anything else) in that way. Also, players are sometimes more difficult to pick. Aitken may have been turned to a really decent player with the right processes, mentoring etc. Now it feels like he is fighting for a career. (and here the right coach etc is critical)

Gareth67

First Grade
8AA3204B-81CD-476C-AF61-4113B0C587C2.jpeg

“ No mongrel eh ? Well let’s see what happens to the pups when I turn up at training wearing my agro face , I will put the fear of the almighty into them and then watch them tear Manly a new A hole ! “

SaintPauli

Juniors
I was a fan, but he was easily critiqued as a result of being played at 2 games FB, then 1-17 the rest.
Thanks Mary. :)
Honest footballer. Love to see him playing well.
Like most players, play them in their preferred positions and they will blossum. Kurt Mann got moved around the field by Mary and had in my opinion the dreaded utility role tag.

dragonreddy

Juniors

I was also guilty of being critical of Mann and the people on here pushing for him to play 6.

Happy to see him doing well ,he is a good example of perserverance , he plays a good tough game now ,seems to handle getting hit when pushing through the line with ease.

None of these qualities would have been instilled from his prior coach, as we can see evidenced by our current number 6 ,he is apparently allergic to taking a hit ,passes the ball miles before the line and generally puts in zero effort. Which seems to be endorsed by the Genius (McGregor) ,as Norman is there every week turning in the same soft vomit worthy performances.

Dragsters

First Grade
I was also guilty of being critical of Mann and the people on here pushing for him to play 6.

Happy to see him doing well ,he is a good example of perserverance , he plays a good tough game now ,seems to handle getting hit when pushing through the line with ease.

None of these qualities would have been instilled from his prior coach, as we can see evidenced by our current number 6 ,he is apparently allergic to taking a hit ,passes the ball miles before the line and generally puts in zero effort. Which seems to be endorsed by the Genius (McGregor) ,as Norman is there every week turning in the same soft vomit worthy performances.

Ramsey when fit, to fullback and Dufty to 6 anyone?

Dragsters

First Grade
A few have mentioned this, but Dufty has been improving at FB so far.
Long way to go, but improving nonetheless.

Fix those kick returns and improve under the high ball, he could make "1" his spot for good.
We need a new 6 though.
Norman just won't cut it.

I agree re Dufty's form but if and when Ramsey's fit it might be worth a shot...

Latest posts