What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Price, Dice Price, new coach etc...

blacksafake

First Grade
Happy with Henry,JT or Dymock but don't want Smith. As mentioned before I don't want Millward or Mary taking over because if or when they win some games they will be given an extension.The next coach should be appointed to take the reins full time I just hope it's not Mary or Millward

denis preston

First Grade
Why not? Don't you see Hornby or D Young taking over soon? At least give them someone to mentor them and B Smith or Sheens on top of W Bennett as they played under him and Browny gives them a heap of quality coaches which they can gain more knowledge on and prepare them for the future.

WTF !! Why have they got a god given right to rule ? Havn't we learn't from the past ? Get experience ( at least 5 yers ) but We need new blood.

It's not necessarily that I am against Mary taking over for the remainder of the year.

It's the possibility that he will take over & be given a proper contract. He is one of the boys, after all. And that would just be an extension of Price's coaching.

I guess on that point - a change at the top is also necessary to complete the rout i.e to make sure that the typical Peter Doust "el-cheapo and expedient" option of "jobs for the boys" does not occur again and prevent another repeat of a Price-like coaching appointment.

Why not? Don't you see Hornby or D Young taking over soon? At least give them someone to mentor them and B Smith or Sheens on top of W Bennett as they played under him and Browny gives them a heap of quality coaches which they can gain more knowledge on and prepare them for the future.
ive got no problem with hornby or young (prefer hornby)being assistants if the in comming coach chooses to have either i just dont want us to hire a coach with the sole purpose of being a mentor to them i think that is a waste of 2-3 years or however long their tenure is everyone is whinging about jobs for boys well thats another example in my opinion!

Father Ted

First Grade
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/flagging-dragons-fire/

EMBATTLED Dragons coach Steve Price is fast running out of time to save his job at the club.

Price was under heat even before Saturday’s disastrous 36-0 thrashing by wooden spooners Parramatta.

And the heavy loss, coupled with a disastrous debut of an under-prepared Benj Marshall, has only intensified the blowtorch.

Sources in the Dragons camp say the club will make a call over Price’s long-term future after the next two games – against the Rabbitohs and Sharks.

Price will need to win both games to keep the wolves at bay and he has the players to do so.
Both the Rabbitohs and Sharks are struggling themselves and will be weakened during the busy Origin period.

But the Dragons have major problems in both attack and defence and have lost six of their last seven games after a promising start to the season.
Price is in his third year as head coach of the Dragons and was under pressure from day one, filling the massive shoes of premiership-winning Mastercoach Wayne Bennett.

The former Dragons and Tigers five-eighth still enjoys some support at board level but needs to start winning games – quickly.
- TONY ADAMS

FlameThrower

Bench
Don't believe, everything u read, and the old line of 'sources close the club' is meaningless. Facts are 100 points have been let in last few games, there is no structure, unity and confidence is gone.

We are now a joke of a club, where supporters now protesting outside leagues club.

Penny pinching, poor forward planning and lack of vision from an old fashioned Board has resulted in this situation, Price is half the problem.

Latest posts