What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Price, Dice Price, new coach etc...

Mr Red

First Grade
two other headlines also stood out for me on the weekend:

"Price baffled by slump"
"Bennett to leave Knights if Tinkler ownership falls through"

If Dousty had half a brain he would be on the phone to Bennett ASAP!!!!

hazzbeen

Bench
I can't believe that Price has the backing of some board members. So if he wins 2 games its OK he continues coaching for another year. Had enough rubbish from the job for the boys club......

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Bye had a team Price would find a way to lose to it. He is a joke.

Warriors let go of their coach and look how much they improved. Seriously I can't understand what they are waiting for?

3 more weeks of depression.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Neil Henry is part of the QLD Origin camp now is a good time to get him. Not only will it save Saints from further embarassment but also weaken QLD with last minute scrambles for a new assistand as we all know Meninga does nothing.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Doust's having a laugh... The bloke seriously must feel zero pressure. Price has got to be the luckiest under performing employee I've ever seen. Talk about nine lives lol.

FlameThrower

Bench
If Bye had a team Price would find a way to lose to it. He is a joke.

Warriors let go of their coach and look how much they improved. Seriously I can't understand what they are waiting for?

3 more weeks of depression.

Slippery, prepare yourself, if your freaking out over 3 more weeks wait till he is kept as coach until season end. I'm getting a feeling this may not pan out as the fans want and another wasted year will be written off for 2014.... I hope I'm wrong...

jenninga

First Grade
Yes, it can. Much worse.

We can all agree that anyone is better than Price, in the short term anyway. As soon as he is replaced, it is likely that we will see an improvement in the players, even if its just a bounce back factor.

Consider also that the board are likely to make a quick decision and extend a contract based on short term success. This goes from 'likely' to 'guaranteed' when you factor in the idea of a loyal club man being that interim coach.

Then imagine Mary is that coach who Bradburys into 2 year deal.

MacGregor would be a terrible coach for us. Didnt do much with a reasonable Cutters squad, and has zero coaching credentials. Not the guy you want taking the reigns. Hom taking over would lead to more years of pain..

I would rather Price be given the rest of the season rather than appoint any current assistants such as McGregor,what's the point in having someone involved in the current system.
I would want a new coach from outside the club eg a Henry, to be appointed to start from next season so the recruiting can start and the cleanout of unwanted players can start.
A fresh start is needed and the McGregors and Craig Youngs need to be out of the system for good.
I also fear for the future when Dean Young and Hornby are touted for the 1st grade gig and Doust is still involved.
Doust and the current board need to go.

Datramp

Juniors
The bunnies and the sharks should deliberately lose so that they can keep us the laughing stock of the league.

Sad to see us go from best defence in the league to second worst, and for all our 'firepower' and all rep back line our attack is still rubbish too :(.

twinkletoes

Juniors
We're all getting a bit too excited...this is a very conservative, old boys Board...they don't sack coaches half way through a season, too radical for these old boys..they do the honourable thing in their minds and let contracts run out before acting. I would not be expecting any change of coach this year

tumbidragon

First Grade
The bunnies and the sharks should deliberately lose so that they can keep us the laughing stock of the league.

Sad to see us go from best defence in the league to second worst, and for all our 'firepower' and all rep back line our attack is still rubbish too :(.
Tanking for the lolz?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
EMBATTLED Dragons coach Steve Price is fast running out of time to save his job at the club.

Price was under heat even before Saturday’s disastrous 36-0 thrashing by wooden spooners Parramatta.

And the heavy loss, coupled with a disastrous debut of an under-prepared Benj Marshall, has only intensified the blowtorch.

Blowtorch my arse.......more like the heat from a candle on a 1 year olds Birthday Cake........

Coffs dragon

Bench
Is there any truth to the rumour that he is related to someone on the board ? It was mentioned sometime last year, however it seemed to be secretive and no name given except that he had strong support from a powerful board member. It's about time these faceless & gutless board member were named as well ? Anyone know just who they are ?

Latest posts