What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Price, Dice Price, new coach etc...

dragonreddy

Juniors
Price should resign or be sent packing along with a pay cheque to see out his contract.....the club should do the right thing and pay him out and replace him.

The club doesn,t need to pay him out they can continue to pay his salary in the same form that he is paid now i think, until his contract ends that would mean they dont have to stump up a big load of cash in one hit,and just dont have him around the joint.

saint.nick

Coach
A few saints fans were down at the Taj today with some banners. One giant banner saying, 'the price is wrong', and also 'oust doust', and 'doust and steve must leave'

RONG

Juniors
IF this is true we could grab Anthony Griffin, he isn't the best coach but he isn't the worst. We already have the worst.

God-King Dean

Immortal
It's not necessarily that I am against Mary taking over for the remainder of the year.

It's the possibility that he will take over & be given a proper contract. He is one of the boys, after all. And that would just be an extension of Price's coaching.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
IF this is true we could grab Anthony Griffin, he isn't the best coach but he isn't the worst. We already have the worst.

No thanks mate, he's no Wayne Bennett either.
Has a million dollars worth of players playing Qld Cup.
Some issues there.

RONG

Juniors
I was just thinking he has some first grade experience and if sacked might be cheap. I would throw Jason Taylor, Neil Henry, Kevin Walters into the mix someone who might be worth a look is Rick Stone. I'm only looking at budget options.

RONG

Juniors
If we had the money for Bellamy and Cooper Cronk then Iam afraid it's long gone or was just a fantasy from the board to begin with.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! DRAGONS FANS TAKE TO THE STREET

Dragons May 18, 2014
ANGRY Dragons fans have demanded the club sack Steve Price and replace him with a coach from outside the organisation.
Long-time Red V member Peter Trad led a group of protesters who took banners to the St George Leagues club on Sunday evening to voice their disgust at events on the field this season.
“We wanted to take these photos outside the club with the banners to try to get our message across,” says Trad.
“We’ll be taking them to every game because we can save our season. We just have to sack the coach and replace him with someone not affiliated with the club.
“Fans can’t get their message heard because the club monitors the forums and won’t let us be heard.”
Trad says Dragons fans generally have had enough, but that this is not a personal attack on Price.
“He might be the nicest guy in the world but this is a club with a big history and it has to be successful.
“No one person is bigger than the club.”
Trad believes any coaching change must bring a fresh face from outside the extended coaching team.
“History shows that when the club brings in an outsider, we are successful.
“Look at David Waite,Brian Smith and Wayne Bennett.”

Comments

20 comments

NRL Ladder

Pos
Team
W
D
L
B
+/-
Pts
1Bulldogs802010116 2Sea Eagles60305512 3Panthers60402312 4Eels60401212 5Storm6040-812 6Tigers6040-1212 7Titans6040-2712 8Cowboys5050

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It's not necessarily that I am against Mary taking over for the remainder of the year.

It's the possibility that he will take over & be given a proper contract. He is one of the boys, after all. And that would just be an extension of Price's coaching.

Well I'm dead set against him taking over....fat to the fire mate

Jubileeboy

First Grade
If we had the money for Bellamy and Cooper Cronk then Iam afraid it's long gone or was just a fantasy from the board to begin with.

Not true. Rich benefactor was on board for Bellamy and Cronk is cap money.
No issues there except, IMO, there are no ideal candidates currently available.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
No thanks mate......with the one team town, huge home crowds and play mostly Friday to Friday he's not travelling that flash either

FlameThrower

Bench

Good point from barely 12 months ago to throwing millions at these 2 to asking for handouts from the NRL?

For me get Brian Smith, to fix the last 3 years mess, have a proper plan to handover after Smith finishes up. If Neil Henry is avail now then I'm happy with that option .

No rookie coach...

Finally a quiet and dignified exit for Craig Young. Paul Macgregor. With Doust on notice to deliver a 3 /5 year plan on juniors, recruitment and handover. Also major drive to unearth talent as we have whole south coast and can't find centres, forwards or a half back..

That's it for me, man flu kicking in....

RONG

Juniors
Thank you i stand corrected about Bellamy and Cronk i had no idea it was sponsored by a benefactor. apologise