What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Price, Dice Price, new coach etc...

Highland Saint

Juniors
This wood duck has been dodging the bullet for years now, media probably figure theres no point talking about him since the dragons board wont do anything anyway

Dezziedc

Juniors
I can't stop them, but I don't have to like it.
And yes it is a low point.
I've tried to maintain an optimistic outlook, but I'm drained out.
It's time for action. Immediate action.

I'm with bottle on this one. After those last 2 games its difficult to maintain a positive outlook on any aspect of the club. Something needs to be done.

God-King Dean

Immortal
In fairness to Doust, he obviously knows Price is shit. He chased very hard for Bellamy.

At this stage it's not a matter of if, but when.

But we need a replacement first.

And just keep in mind, if Price was sacked right now, McGregor would be coach, & C Young the assistant.

:sick:

St Georgio

Juniors
In fairness to Doust, he obviously knows Price is shit. He chased very hard for Bellamy.

At this stage it's not a matter of if, but when.

But we need a replacement first.

And just keep in mind, if Price was sacked right now, McGregor would be coach, & C Young the assistant.

:sick:

:cry:
FOR f**k SAKE BRIAN SMITH IS FREE NOW!

QUOTE=St Georgio;10161983;43529]:cry:
FOR f**k SAKE BRIAN SMITH IS FREE NOW![/QUOTE]

This is in reply to the above post from another thread, and GKD claim that if Steve Price was stood down now, Mary and Craig Young would take over.

I don't see the problem with instilling an interim coach until a suitable replacement is available.

Why not simply let B. Smith for example be part of that mix?

He could take over the reigns, knowing that the job will be advertised at seasons' end. He can apply like any-one else, but at least in the mean-time something different can start taking place. And if he is successful, then his resume could show it, and we would simply be better for it.

It's the players I am worried about.

First it was the juniors over the course of last year denied opportunity, that rightfully felt overlooked with Prices' weekly reward of non-performance of his favourites, now it's our big signings who must be wondering ...what have I signed up to ?

They need a way forward on this.

...And as fans, so do we. And so do sponsors.

And seriously, would Macgregor be worse than Steve Price? How can it get worse?

It would not be longer then until end of year.

Until that time - let's see what a n y b o d y else could do.

On an organisational level, surely we can afford to be just a little wreckless, if nothing else but to protect "the brand"

What are your thoughts?

Joey_dragons

Juniors
just read on daily telegraph that Nathan brown wants to return to the
nel next season but not with stgeorge. he doesn't want to coach them

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Geeezuss ...if true (tho telecrap), it's starting.

People want to keep away from us. It's a career killer.

I don't blame him if he doesn't want to come. look at the board how terrible it is run. doust never has time for anyone or the fans and doesn't
care. its all about money instead of pride

GT0007

Juniors
Brown wouldn't want to be seen to have taken Prices job. B.Smith would have to be a better option than Price and maybe Sheens as he's not been affiliated with the club.

St Georgio

Juniors
Wayne Bennett can come back to us, out of his stupidity, Tinkler aint paying!

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
Whomever comes in as an interim coach they must be experienced and tough in that they need to bring discipline. Who's available immediately .... Sheens , Smith and Hagan with all 3 having these qualities. Others whom maybe able to get out of their 2014 commitments as assistants are : Neil Henry, Jason Taylor and Rick Stone. All of these options would be a considerable improvement on half price.

mickeylane

Bench
the message I'm
Getting is Steve Price will be replaced this week w Neil Henry - if he can't get a release
Ian Millward will take over till end of season..
Jim Dymock is busting down the door as well but dragons don't wantt to rush next coach appointment.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
the message I'm
Getting is Steve Price will be replaced this week w Neil Henry - if he can't get a release
Ian Millward will take over till end of season..
Jim Dymock is busting down the door as well but dragons don't wantt to rush next coach appointment.

I wish this is true neil henry is a good coach and I also like dymock.
not to fussed with ian millward