What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Price, Dice Price, new coach etc...

getsmarty

Immortal
the message I'm
Getting is Steve Price will be replaced this week w Neil Henry - if he can't get a release
Ian Millward will take over till end of season..
Jim Dymock is busting down the door as well but dragons don't wantt to rush next coach appointment.

Thanks for the info Mickeylane.... Hopefully Price is gone sooner than later...everyone has had a gut-full. I'd be happy with Henry...if not possible, dymock...he'd at least rip into them at training and get them practicing defense, defense, defense.

fedzy

Juniors
just read on daily telegraph that Nathan brown wants to return to the
nel next season but not with stgeorge. he doesn't want to coach them

I'm happy with that, he had his go with the quality of a merged entity that will never be seen again, and underachieved. No better than Price.
ok marginally better than Price

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
just read on daily telegraph that Nathan brown wants to return to the
nel next season but not with stgeorge. he doesn't want to coach them

Who could blame him......besides we'd get no TV coverage...wouldn't look good for the image of the game with our soft mob crying on the sideline after getting their faces slapped ever 5 mins.....

possm

Coach
I would have smithy for 2.5 season from Tommorrow

I'm with you! Smith or Sheens would do the trick nicely and there is no good reason for not moving right now. We have wasted too much time giving Price a chance to come good.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
What is with it with decent coaches being public servants? Mal Meninga and Bennet were ex police. Brian Smith, big gay Alan Jones and Henry; ex-teachers. Next Dragons coach will be a tax agent for sure....actually anyone else who has half a football mind will get the Dragons back to fire. It really is a decent team that has been coached poorly to say the least. I'm keen for Henry to be honest over Brown and Smith or Sheens for that matter. I really think he will do well with the roster and I'm very disappointed about us not getting Brad Arthurs. Not sure about Dymock. Is he coaching under 20s or something like that?

Hard days being a Dragons these days.

What is with it with decent coaches being public servants? Mal Meninga and Bennet were ex police. Brian Smith, big gay Alan Jones and Henry; ex-teachers. Next Dragons coach will be a tax agent for sure....actually anyone else who has half a football mind will get the Dragons back to fire. It really is a decent team that has been coached poorly to say the least. I'm keen for Henry to be honest over Brown and Smith or Sheens for that matter. I really think he will do well with the roster and I'm very disappointed about us not getting Brad Arthurs. Not sure about Dymock. Is he coaching under 20s or something like that?

Hard days being a Dragons these days.
well weips I hope the next coach is a tax agent because it's been taxing watching the dragons of late and I like others need a decent return!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
In fairness to Doust, he obviously knows Price is shit. He chased very hard for Bellamy.

At this stage it's not a matter of if, but when.

But we need a replacement first.

And just keep in mind, if Price was sacked right now, McGregor would be coach, & C Young the assistant.

:sick:

Like many on here I cant wait till the imposter Price is gone, but you just spoilt my Sunday lunch with your view that McGregor/ Young would take over........that's like the surgeon telling you after the operation the good news is your going to live...the bad news is we amputated the wrong leg

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
QUOTE=St Georgio;10161983;43529]:cry:
FOR f**k SAKE BRIAN SMITH IS FREE NOW!

Cant agree with you BFD on this one.

I see interim as a band-aid. Its delaying the inevitable, and shows lack of backbone by the club.

It's not a good look and will be having the players scratching their heads.

What happens if we string a few wins together ? Knowing this board, they would seriously consider another "job for the boys".

Cut the cord now, employ an independent coach, give him the reins, and support staff.

I understand the logic of the proposal, as we are desperate, and the injection of Smith does give it some merit. However, I prefer a clean slate.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
In fairness to Doust, he obviously knows Price is shit. He chased very hard for Bellamy.

At this stage it's not a matter of if, but when.

But we need a replacement first.

And just keep in mind, if Price was sacked right now, McGregor would be coach, & C Young the assistant.

:sick:

Surely lessons learnt would suggest Doust wouldn't go down that path.
Then again...

There are 2 or 3 coaches available, independent from the club. Employ one.
Ensure the contract is performance based and not open to loop holes.
options in our favour.

Mary / Young would be nothing short of a disaster.

BennyV

Referee
And seriously, would Macgregor be worse than Steve Price? How can it get worse?

Yes, it can. Much worse.

We can all agree that anyone is better than Price, in the short term anyway. As soon as he is replaced, it is likely that we will see an improvement in the players, even if its just a bounce back factor.

Consider also that the board are likely to make a quick decision and extend a contract based on short term success. This goes from 'likely' to 'guaranteed' when you factor in the idea of a loyal club man being that interim coach.

Then imagine Mary is that coach who Bradburys into 2 year deal.

MacGregor would be a terrible coach for us. Didnt do much with a reasonable Cutters squad, and has zero coaching credentials. Not the guy you want taking the reigns. Hom taking over would lead to more years of pain..

Minh

First Grade
Price should resign or be sent packing along with a pay cheque to see out his contract.....the club should do the right thing and pay him out and replace him.

Twenty10

Juniors
the message I'm
Getting is Steve Price will be replaced this week w Neil Henry - if he can't get a release
Ian Millward will take over till end of season..
Jim Dymock is busting down the door as well but dragons don't wantt to rush next coach appointment.

Mickey is this from someone close to the club? I have heard rumblings but no decent enough info to think that will be true

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Price should resign or be sent packing along with a pay cheque to see out his contract.....the club should do the right thing and pay him out and replace him.

I agree Minh...I know we may be strapped for cash but surely we have enough to pay him out...with his results since taking over he cant be on any more than $3.50 an hour and that's before tax.....

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Price not the only coach with a gun at his head.
Cross Kevvie Walters off your list, he's got a gig.