What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Price, Dice Price, new coach etc...

Datramp

Juniors
Tanking for the lolz?

Why not? Its been LOLSOUFFS for a long time. They probably want to pass on the baton. The Sharks will always be a laughed at team and given Carney has hurt his hammy and they probably will play without Gallen they might not have to try very hard to lose - we might actually have a chance in this one.

blacksafake

First Grade
We're all getting a bit too excited...this is a very conservative, old boys Board...they don't sack coaches half way through a season, too radical for these old boys..they do the honourable thing in their minds and let contracts run out before acting. I would not be expecting any change of coach this year
This

blacksafake

First Grade
I would rather Price be given the rest of the season rather than appoint any current assistants such as McGregor,what's the point in having someone involved in the current system.
I would want a new coach from outside the club eg a Henry, to be appointed to start from next season so the recruiting can start and the cleanout of unwanted players can start.
A fresh start is needed and the McGregors and Craig Youngs need to be out of the system for good.
I also fear for the future when Dean Young and Hornby are touted for the 1st grade gig and Doust is still involved.
Doust and the current board need to go.
You make some very valid points there Jenninga especially having one of the "boys club brigade" taking over for the rest of the year.It is also a given that the next coach must be from outside the "family".I would like to see the board come out & say that Price will not be here next year & the new coach is ??? as long as it's from outside the club.That way the fans know where we stand & the new coach can start the process of recruiting & retaining.

jargan83

Coach
2 games to save himself? Madness if true!

Last week when the Bulldogs got to 26-0 was the first time I've ever turned off a Dragons game. I missed the capitulation against the Eels as I was away over the weekend but I'll assume they were just as bad if not worse.

possm

Coach
No more chances, no more games to prove yourself. It's time to go and the time is right now. For goodness sakes, sack Price today.

Redvpassion

Juniors
So if we beat a depleted Souths team over the origin period, does that count as a success seeing we will have close to full strength bar Morris and maybe Merrin??

This club is a joke. Perfect time to sack the coach after 2 bad losses and bring in an interm coach who has 2 weeks to prepare the team before the next game.

The Chef

Juniors
I've noticed after the Bulldogs drubbing there has been a change in Price's attitude. Before, he did look genuinely dissapointed but still held hope. After the Bulldogs game he started the shift the blame towards the players and showed a little anger. The last press conf it was resignation, white flag and most telling of all-the admission that he has no f-ing idea. When you are a coach/teacher or whatever type of teaching/mentoring role, it can't be good telling your students/players that it's your fault and I have no idea what the problem is.

Hopefully Price's change in demeanour (not caring anymore) is a sign he has already been told that his days are numbered. Nothing personal against Price, I'm sure he's a good bloke but it is certain as the sun rises from the east that he is out of his league as a NRL coach. Can't blame him for not quitting, who wouldn't turn up for a pay cheque? It's up to the club to make a move. I don't have any inside info but what has the club done since Bellyache rejected us? Also the knowledge that the club was actively chasing other coaches would not have helped Price's frame of mind.

I don't think Price has anymore chances, the club is just weighing up it's options without turning it into a soap opera.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Price does have a great record against the Bye. I think he can turn it around

In a recent survey 15 out of sixteen NRL coaches said that the would prefer to play the Dragons that the Bye.

Coaches said that while you get 2 points from the Bye, playing the Dragons means that they could wipe out any for and against deficit that they had (up to 100 points).

The only dissenting coach was Dragons mentor Steve Price who was confused by the question.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Apparently even Price voted that he would also rather play the Dragons because he thought he could play against his own side.

FlameThrower

Bench
Apparently even Price voted that he would also rather play the Dragons because he thought he could play against his own side.

Actually we did this in the pre- season trials, against Cutters\Mudgee Dragons....so in essence we played ourselves!

Another great brainstorming idea from our coaching staff.....

Godz Illa

Coach
What time is that board meeting? Geez I hope we hear something soon.
I'm expecting the club to announce a full review of the coaching review they undertook in 2013. The findings will result in those responsible for the review absolved of blame and re-signed for 1 year.

Coffs dragon

Bench
What time is that board meeting? Geez I hope we hear something soon.

More than likely it won't matter as they will only instigate another review on the previous review. Then a motion will be passed to get an independent advisory panel in to conduct a audit of the operation. Unfortunately, they will appoint the firm of : Price, Waterhouse, Doust & Young Solutions and so nothing will change.

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
This is going to get funny, because NO top coach is going to leave and come to the dragons, our squad is crap and the club is in a shambles,

Neil Henry will get the job in a couple of days and it will show that after the first game winand the emotions rub off, that he has inherited a really crap team. Nothing is going to change unless there is a player clean out ASWELL. I would even shop Dugan around if the right prop/props were available.

Latest posts