What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack soward

bottle

Coach
Rein's been fine.
For some bizarre reason people only want to focus on any perceived negatives with him, I don't get it.
No mention of the move he initiated to almost get Quinlan away on Sunday.
By contrast, no mention of King's faux pas in the 32nd minute when he had De Belin running into a gap on his right only to take the tackle. No mention of his dribble pass along the ground.
It's a case of cherry pick the errors that match your bias it seems.

saint.nick

Coach
It's funny saint.nick, I was re watching the titans game earlier and Phil Gould obviously disagrees with all of us because in the lead up to the Vidot try, he praises soward for his stutter at the line to look at id ris before passing to quinlan, who subsequently created the try. Jokes on Gould because what he sees as a deliberate pause by sowie was actually him realising he was crabbing across towards idris where he was going to get hammered at the line!!!
I wish that sowie would create like that on purpose all of the time.

For most of the time, the only ball playing we see from soward are those simple 'here, you have it' passes to forwards in the attacking zone, or a cut-out ball to an outside back and hope for the best

The Preacher

First Grade
Surely Preacher your beef must be with the team selection then.

This should be the "come on Steve Price do something about it thread"

Many other coaches have dropped top line players for either disciplinary or performance issues - because the message to the player himself and the rest of the team through the course of a season, is more important then next game.

Whaddyareckon?

Yes, I suppose it is really. Well said. :clap: If Mick Potter can drop Benji, surely we can drop Soward, as long as its to NSW Cup and not the bench.

jenninga

First Grade
Yes, I suppose it is really. Well said. :clap: If Mick Potter can drop Benji, surely we can drop Soward, as long as its to NSW Cup and not the bench.
We don't have a halfback and while i agree Soward isn't quite doing it ,we do need what he can bring to us at the moment.
Personally i would drop Fien and find us another 7 ,or push Soward to 7 and find another 6.

willzy91

Juniors
did you all notice that for a good 10mins at the start of the titans match that soward was going into dummy-half for the first few tackles of each set, thoughts?.... maybe looking to move onto the bench or something im not too sure.

We don't have a halfback and while i agree Soward isn't quite doing it ,we do need what he can bring to us at the moment.
Personally i would drop Fien and find us another 7 ,or push Soward to 7 and find another 6.

Yes, it's quite a quandry. And as much as I am not a Price believer, I concede that is a difficult one. Though I think given these circustances, giving more game time to Drinkwater and partner Soward is the best option - investing opportunies in young talent nearly always is.

Hec, make it the practise (mentoring youth) Soward says he is looking forward to at Penrith - maybe that will improve his attitude.

grouch

First Grade
did you all notice that for a good 10mins at the start of the titans match that soward was going into dummy-half for the first few tackles of each set, thoughts?
Maybe he was trying to show Rein how to do it properly.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I heard that the week prior to the Dragons first win Soward was going to get dropped but then put in a good enough performance to keep him in first grade. But since then he obviously hasn't so why not drop him now?

I am sure Drionkwater will put in more of an effort than Soward. I would seriously consider Quinlan at 5/8. He can play that position and looks like he is ready for the step up after the Titans game.

BennyV

Referee
I heard that the week prior to the Dragons first win Soward was going to get dropped but then put in a good enough performance to keep him in first grade. But since then he obviously hasn't so why not drop him now?

I am sure Drionkwater will put in more of an effort than Soward. I would seriously consider Quinlan at 5/8. He can play that position and looks like he is ready for the step up after the Titans game.

I am of the 'one or the other' approach. We can't throw 2 rookie halves in there, they'd be destroyed. Either Drinwkater or Quinlan. Based on these rumours, Soward could possibly be on his last warning (again!)...expect a big game from him on Saturday.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Rein's been fine.
For some bizarre reason people only want to focus on any perceived negatives with him, I don't get it.
No mention of the move he initiated to almost get Quinlan away on Sunday.
By contrast, no mention of King's faux pas in the 32nd minute when he had De Belin running into a gap on his right only to take the tackle. No mention of his dribble pass along the ground.
It's a case of cherry pick the errors that match your bias it seems.

I'm no huge advocate for king either, he has talent, but he has a long way to go before he's a consistent first grader... But one can't deny how many errant passes our team has had to contest with from dummy half. It stifles attack, makes our play very slow, and his running has now become predictable.

That to me is not 'playing out of your skin'... It's being thrown into the group of players who have been inconsistent.

redandwhite1

Juniors
Seriously how much more of this p heart do we have to put up with?? He is even too gutless to take sideline conversions. The only thing keeping him in the team was his kicking game and that has off. He won't be with us next year let him rot in the cutters for the rest of the year.

dragonrickjs, is looking pretty silly now, widdop doesn't have the passing game or kicking game of JS, nice game tonight Jamie. Some of you guys have short memories, we will see if next year you remember how good Jamie really is!

dragonrickjs

Juniors
dragonrickjs, is looking pretty silly now, widdop doesn't have the passing game or kicking game of JS, nice game tonight Jamie. Some of you guys have short memories, we will see if next year you remember how good Jamie really is!

Your kidding mate soward was one of our worst tonight. I still can't wait to see the back of him. And I'm looking forward to widdop arriving next year.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Soward set up tries and was part of the winning game tonight. At least try to keep it in perspective.

redandwhite1

Juniors
Time will tell, if Widdop is better then Soward.

I doubt it, but being a true Dragons fan I hope dragonrickjs is right and Widdop carves next year.

The Preacher

First Grade
He did no more than he's paid to do. Everything he did is why he was brought to Kogarah in the first place.

Now, do it every week and then I'll change my mind.

ozbuck

Juniors
I don't think he ran to the line once on saturday... SACK HIM!

Oh s**t wait a minute, we won! He was also a part of a couple of the tries too! ...just like '09-'11.

--

If we lose, blame Soward. If we win, forget about him.

Gazzaw

Juniors
Soward doesn't have to pass the ball to score tries, his kicks are like passes.
When Penrith beats us by 1 next year due to a field goal by you know who, get back to me.
His kicking game on the weekend was great, Hayne got little room to move & his kicks found the ground. Thought he was real solid & you guys still want his head

Minh

First Grade
I know this bump doesn't help but can this thread just disappear off somewhere.