What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saint trent ?

Steelman

Juniors
Its not as much about how much money now as it was a few months back.
Sallys got plenty of that anyway.

I Reckon Mez will become next Dragon captain so im tipping 4 year deal with the red and whites.

Twenty10

Juniors
Hahha wait... This post is based on interviews with molan. That's all??? No actually info??

Please.

It would appear the long running soap opera that is the Merrin Contract talks is fast coming to a conclusion .
After being linked to almost every Club in the NRL the pendulum looks to have swung back to the Dragons and Merrin resigning , much to the chagrin of his newly appointed Manager
Merrin''s preference was always to stay , but well and truly sought out every possible alternative including a massive offer from the Warriors
An announcement is expected after tonight''s All Star match

Is this one of those post where if he was to leave you can say read it carefully, I was still correct?

dungay dragon

Juniors
Hahha wait... This post is based on interviews with molan. That's all??? No actually info??

Please.
Remember the last interview Morris gave when Captain...Post Match ?
Hardly inspiring stuff !! ""im contracted here next year "" he said , as if he had just came from a funeral..
In comparison havent seen any of that spin from Merrin.
""Actual Info "" would be ..a firm committment or actual contract signing.

thestevo888

Juniors
Okay, shoot me down if I'm way off the mark here...

Is there a case for not needing Merrin, at least in the run on side? If/when Packer comes on board we'll have a possible pack of
Creagh
LeStrange/Rein
Packer
Frizzell
Thompson
JDB

Who misses out on a starting spot from this lineup? I'm looking at this purely from a capability/form/size point of view, not Merrin ' s position as a one club local junior. IF he starts from the bench as per much of last year, would our money be better spent elsewhere, given the other forwards coming through?

TonyT6

First Grade
Okay, shoot me down if I'm way off the mark here...

Is there a case for not needing Merrin, at least in the run on side? If/when Packer comes on board we'll have a possible pack of
Creagh
LeStrange/Rein
Packer
Frizzell
Thompson
JDB

Who misses out on a starting spot from this lineup? I'm looking at this purely from a capability/form/size point of view, not Merrin ' s position as a one club local junior. IF he starts from the bench as per much of last year, would our money be better spent elsewhere, given the other forwards coming through?

How about you go by Merrin being our only rep forward and the fact he led most stats the last couple of years

Last edited:

Twenty10

Juniors
I can tell you that Mary and Merrin so NOT get along. Merrin has been yelling anyone who will listen that Mary is hopeless. Mary is also completely over the attitude Merrin has displayed.

I would be very surprised if he stayed... But still think we need him.

Let's wait and see I guess!

gitano

Juniors
Trent, if you're reading this - please go.

To me, he is intensely overrated. I just don't get it.
He is a momentum buster. Makes all his metres after contact and completely stops any rhythm we have. The defensive line can get completely set while he wrestles for 5 - 10 seconds for an extra metre or two. Mary probably wants him to run hard. Cat in my opinion.

He has an offload, so what. The reason the fans like Friz is that he hits the line hard. None of this ambling up, accepting contact and then pushing nonsense. Friz, JDB and co allow our other guys to play off momentum and on the front foot.

Overrated and not worthy of close to the money being speculated. To me, not even worth half that.

Then I log onto here and read people raving about him.
I don't get it - maybe I'm watching something else.

Last edited:

TonyT6

First Grade
Trent, if you're reading this - please go.

To me, he is intensely overrated. I just don't get it.
He is a momentum buster. Makes all his metres after contact and completely stops any rhythm we have. The defensive line can get completely set while he wrestles for 5 - 10 seconds for an extra metre or two. Mary probably wants him to run hard. Cat in my opinion.

He has an offload, so what. The reason the fans like Friz is that he hits the line hard. None of this ambling up, accepting contact and then pushing nonsense. Friz, JDB and co allow our other guys to play off momentum and on the front foot.

Overrated and not worthy of close to the money being speculated. To me, not even worth half that.

Then I log onto here and read people raving about him.
I don't get it - maybe I'm watching something else.

Your watching something else

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I can tell you that Mary and Merrin so NOT get along. Merrin has been yelling anyone who will listen that Mary is hopeless. Mary is also completely over the attitude Merrin has displayed.

I would be very surprised if he stayed... But still think we need him.

Let's wait and see I guess!

Well that's one sure way of being shown the door if true.
If as you say, he has been telling people that Mary is hopeless, it's only a matter of time before he signs elsewhere.
If he wants out, let him go. The club SHOULD force his hand here. A disgruntled employee for whatever reason is never a good thing and usually leads to one solution....Leave.
He didn't even look that interested in last nights game.
Stop the circus FFS !

TruSaint

Referee
Well that's one sure way of being shown the door if true.
If as you say, he has been telling people that Mary is hopeless, it's only a matter of time before he signs elsewhere.
If he wants out, let him go. The club SHOULD force his hand here. A disgruntled employee for whatever reason is never a good thing and usually leads to one solution....Leave.
He didn't even look that interested in last nights game.
Stop the circus FFS !

Couldn't watch it mate... how did he go?

Coffs dragon

Bench
Sounds like a mutual dislike and lack of respect between the two and can only end in a bye bye. I expect the rumours of Roosters or Sharks to perhaps be more accurate of the outcome. Mez may want to pair up again with his old buddy Pricey the prangster in the Shire.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Bit blurred still. ;-)
Big Georgie eh? MOM wtf?

Oh mate...

60m try
Huge step, got around plenty
Winning field goal
Probably close to 350m in hit ups
Cut out passes
Chimed in the back line a few times
Ran down a couple of wingers

People will talk about his performance for generations....

getsmarty

Immortal
It would appear the long running soap opera that is the Merrin Contract talks is fast coming to a conclusion .
After being linked to almost every Club in the NRL the pendulum looks to have swung back to the Dragons and Merrin resigning , much to the chagrin of his newly appointed Manager
Merrin''s preference was always to stay , but well and truly sought out every possible alternative including a massive offer from the Warriors
An announcement is expected after tonight''s All Star match

No Announcement...I reckon he will end up at the Panthers.Hope I'm Wrong.