What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saint trent ?

Saintsified

Bench
Trent Merrin go this season as part of a player swap which could also include financial compensation.

Merrin is off contract at the end of the 2015 season and the Dragons’ best forward has received no shortage of big-money offers from rival clubs.

Both Penrith and New Zealand Warriors are leading the race for his signature, while Cronulla are also interested. The Dragons have also made Merrin their final offer.

But the smart money is on the Panthers.

Trent Merrin of the Dragons in action.
Trent Merrin of the Dragons in action.
While there remains significant issues to address before a player swap is realised, take it as fact that the Dragons would not stand in Merrin’s way if they were to receive a player in return.

Penrith forwards Sika Manu and Adam Docker have been mentioned. St George Illawarra would also seek financial compensation for the difference between Merrin’s contract and any new player.

To Merrin’s credit, unlike other players currently off contract, he has refused to play out his future in the media.

Highland Saint

Juniors
Penrith forwards Sika Manu and Adam Docker have been mentioned. St George Illawarra would also seek financial compensation for the difference between Merrin?s contract and any new player.

To Merrin?s credit, unlike other players currently off contract, he has refused to play out his future in the media.

:shock:

Twenty10

Juniors
Yes mate the delay is the offer on the table from the panthers which is a very good one i hear. We definitely cant match there money.

Mary and Trent get on very well and the club are looking at various options to keep Merrin at the club. I have mentioned before that his final decision may not come down to money.
I get the vibe that he will stay...

Anyone who thinks that Mary cant coach have no idea what they are talking about.
He is very professional in all he does that was evident from the moment he took over from
Price.
He has rid the the in much of the player and staff dead wood has made some tough decisions
and made it clear from day one that nobody is bigger than the club.
Yes he is a rookie coach but he is not stupid and he definitely has a clear vision on where he wants to take the club...

Absolute bullshit mate. You are a dreamer. I can tell you my take is 100% accurate. You are the one that's wY off the mark.

Twenty10

Juniors
Absolute bullshit mate. You are a dreamer. I can tell you my take is 100% accurate. You are the one that's wY off the mark.

Ps - not saying Mary can't coach. I am telling you that he is over Trent Merrin. Mary doesn't bekkeve his attitude through all of this had been good enough and also doesn't believe Merrin is as Good as he think. I agree with Mary.

rainman44

Bench
Ps - not saying Mary can't coach. I am telling you that he is over Trent Merrin. Mary doesn't bekkeve his attitude through all of this had been good enough and also doesn't believe Merrin is as Good as he think. I agree with Mary.

Yes i agree with Mary too. Merrin is a good footballer only when we are in the good ball area and his defence is soft.

BennyV

Referee
Yes mate the delay is the offer on the table from the panthers which is a very good one i hear. We definitely cant match there money.

Mary and Trent get on very well and the club are looking at various options to keep Merrin at the club. I have mentioned before that his final decision may not come down to money.
I get the vibe that he will stay...

Anyone who thinks that Mary cant coach have no idea what they are talking about.
He is very professional in all he does that was evident from the moment he took over from
Price.
He has rid the the in much of the player and staff dead wood has made some tough decisions
and made it clear from day one that nobody is bigger than the club.
Yes he is a rookie coach but he is not stupid and he definitely has a clear vision on where he wants to take the club...

I can actually envision Mary saying this!

Seriously though, what deadwood staff has he cleaned out?! Mulholland wasnt a product of Mary, our assistant coaches, while potentially good, are more boys club members, and other staff inclusions havent been thay impressive. He hasn't really rid the deadwood players, we still have Green, Hunt, Rein om the books, having lost Bird and Morris and possinly Merrin.

Professionalism and vision mean nothing to his ability to actually coach a pack of NRL players to be the best they can be as a unit and as individuals. This season will obviously be very telling, but based on his tenure last year as assistant and as head coach, I aint that impressed yet.

kit66

Bench
Trent Merrin go this season as part of a player swap which could also include financial compensation.

Penrith forwards Sika Manu and Adam Docker have been mentioned. St George Illawarra would also seek financial compensation for the difference between Merrin?s contract and any new player.

If he were to leave this year I'd take either of these boys for the rest of this year only. If he leaves at the end of the year we should use all that money to buy a top line prop or two rather than do any swap deals.

They need to sort this sh*t out in the next few weeks though.

mickeylane

Bench
AnD just to throw a spanner in..
Dylan Nappa deal is done BUT only if Merrin leaves .. So basically Merrin departs end of 2015 in comes Nappa plus a player swap w Pentith. Nappa contract sits at $350k a season!!

Tell me u wouldn't like to see Sika Manu , Dylan Napper, Packet, Frizell, Thompson in one pack!!!

See you Trent!!

rainman44

Bench
Dylan Nappa deal is done BUT only if Merrin leaves .. So basically Merrin departs end of 2015 in comes Nappa plus a player swap w Pentith. Nappa contract sits at $350k a season!!

Tell me u wouldn't like to see Sika Manu , Dylan Napper, Packet, Frizell, Thompson in one pack!!!

See you Trent!!

This would be great news

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

See you Trent!!

Bullshit. Napa either is or he isn't. Nothing to do with Merrin. Who in their right mind would agree to change clubs on the provision that your new club doesn't land the bloke they are trying to keep?

No one.

The rest of your post looks good but its all still pie in the sky stuff.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Bullshit. Napa either is or he isn't. Nothing to do with Merrin. Who in their right mind would agree to change clubs on the provision that your new club doesn't land the bloke they are trying to keep?

No one.

The rest of your post looks good but its all still pie in the sky stuff.
One could imagine the angst at Penrith , esp with our Jamie , if Merrin rides in on the big white pony for around 700k a season
we ll see who gets the tom tits then :shock:

dungay dragon

Juniors
If negotiations are almost a done deal with Penrith , as some are predicting, why the heck would they fly him to England ?
Thats one way to destabilise a close knit team ...

Jubileeboy

First Grade
If negotiations are almost a done deal with Penrith , as some are predicting, why the heck would they fly him to England ?
Thats one way to destabilise a close knit team ...

Actually thought the same thing. Send someone that wants to be there if that is the case.
Give a junior an opportunity ? It all seems ducks and drakes to me at the moment ?