What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saint trent ?

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
He's not dealing with doust. He's dealing with mulholland.they go way back him gus and ivan.

Mulholland is basically the general manager of the football club. Doust is nowhere near any of this. He's hired them and they report to him. He doesnt get involved in day to day football matters though.

I find this hard to believe, Doust having nothing to do with the management of the football club.

murraymob

Coach
Exactly why we should be chasing him and a couple of players you guys would not mind either way.

our young guys will not be part of any trade.Docker was rated by other nrl players as one off the hardest hitters.Dont see him as a down trade for you blokes

TonyT6

First Grade
He's not dealing with doust. He's dealing with mulholland.they go way back him gus and ivan.

Mulholland is basically the general manager of the football club. Doust is nowhere near any of this. He's hired them and they report to him. He doesnt get involved in day to day football matters though.

Is that been just this year?

In previous years Price wasn't allowed to have the coaching staff he wanted, I dare say he still has his claws in.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Somehow I can't see Mary letting Doust boss him around same with Mullholland. Doust has stated many times that the player selections and retention are nothing to do with him it is upto the coaching staff and retention staff. I would say that was the case with Bennett as well. At the end of the day Doust is there for the business side of things. If they become backrupt then he must be held accountable and you can bag him as much as you want. The Dogs left Belmore years ago to go to Homebush and Saints could have done the same but didn't. Now the Dogs are reaping the benefits and Saints are struggling. Maybe Doust should have been more stringent in moving to Homebush years ago and we would not be in this position but he obviously had the fans interest more at heart than money and it is now coming back to bite him. He just can't win whatever he does with most supporters.

If Price was treated so badly why would he not come out and say so? Bmoz has no fear of upsetting the Dragons Management after he left with his comments. Same with other coaches who have been sacked when they feel they have been mistreated. Obviously he was given the resources to do his job and he failed.

BennyV

Referee
Somehow I can't see Mary letting Doust boss him around same with Mullholland. Doust has stated many times that the player selections and retention are nothing to do with him it is upto the coaching staff and retention staff. I would say that was the case with Bennett as well. At the end of the day Doust is there for the business side of things. If they become backrupt then he must be held accountable and you can bag him as much as you want. The Dogs left Belmore years ago to go to Homebush and Saints could have done the same but didn't. Now the Dogs are reaping the benefits and Saints are struggling. Maybe Doust should have been more stringent in moving to Homebush years ago and we would not be in this position but he obviously had the fans interest more at heart than money and it is now coming back to bite him. He just can't win whatever he does with most supporters.

If Price was treated so badly why would he not come out and say so? Bmoz has no fear of upsetting the Dragons Management after he left with his comments. Same with other coaches who have been sacked when they feel they have been mistreated. Obviously he was given the resources to do his job and he failed.

Such a noble man, our Pete! How we mere mortals could question the intentions and integrity of this Shining Adonis - this Cadillac of Men - is beyond me! We should all hail the sacred ground he walks on.

IN DOUST WE TRUST!

w1200_h678_fcrop.jpg

Get2dachopper!

Juniors

Yep, should have moved to Homebush years ago. No coincidence that Bullgrubs and Souths are reaping the rewards. Still may be on the cards, especially if the NRL keep giving us handouts. They will insist that we play more games out of Homebush.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Is that been just this year?

In previous years Price wasn't allowed to have the coaching staff he wanted, I dare say he still has his claws in.

Mary is the boss.

Sat George are broke. Illawarra have Bruce Gordons son on the Board.

Illawarra are telling Doust where its at.

bottle

Coach
our young guys will not be part of any trade.Docker was rated by other nrl players as one off the hardest hitters.Dont see him as a down trade for you blokes

It's cute when fans speak authoritatively, like they actually know something.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Mary is the boss.

Sat George are broke. Illawarra have Bruce Gordons son on the Board.

Illawarra are telling Doust where its at.

Well that's ironic because I thought st.george were broke because of the Illawarra side of the merger.

Anyway it doesn't matter whos on the board. If the club keeps asking for loans from the NRL, then they'll be telling doust 'where it's at!'

to_ddeath

Coach

Whatever he's done shows he does not care for supporters. Only his job.

T.

Blues Riff

Bench
It's cute when fans speak authoritatively, like they actually know something.

:lol: It's cute if they think Carty (third generation Panther) would be part of some quick swap deal. The kid's on the verge of greatness. I think we can speak with "some" authority when we say our club will go all out to retain the best of our juniors from now on.
Personally, I can't see this Merrin deal going through, not for the sort of money the media are talking about.

bottle

Coach
:lol: It's cute if they think Carty (third generation Panther) would be part of some quick swap deal. The kid's on the verge of greatness. I think we can speak with "some" authority when we say our club will go all out to retain the best of our juniors from now on.
Personally, I can't see this Merrin deal going through, not for the sort of money the media are talking about.

That's a reasonable statement, made without any definitive element, and therefore not making you look like a know it all.
I have no faith in any swap deals. They're often mentioned, never come to fruition.
It was a fan that mentioned Cartwright by the way, as a like to have. Nothing wrong with that. The media haven't referred to him.

Blues Riff

Bench
^^Yep, a St George fan mentioned Carty, and a Penrith fan said "no way". Fan and media speculation. It's the premise of this whole forum, is it not?
Anyway, it's unlikely. The whole deal is. Although it was about this time last year we swapped Brad Tighe for the Big Jammer.

love my saints

Juniors
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/beavis-i-guess-dragons-picture-re-sign-merrin/
His manager is a dead set tool.
See ya Trent, $600k and your waiting to hear back for an upgrade? The doors that way buddy, be sure to take that wanker of a manager with you.
Good bye and good riddance! Your a good player, but not worth anywhere near $600k a year let alone more.
Come on doust, give him a release now and blood someone who will be with us long term!!!

Last edited: