What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary cap forcing Feleti Mateo out

offside ref

Juniors
Yep feleti has to be top on the resign list I'd rather loose burt,morts etc even though I'm a big fan of them both but players like feleti r very rare.

Snoochies

First Grade
Not sure if I am right or not, but don't Burt, Cayless and Grothe all finish their contract this year. I can't see Parra re-signing all 3 and there would be surely enough money to keep Feliti plus also Inu.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Same sh*t different day with the Telecrap, the mileage they get over recycled stories is amazing.

84 Baby

Referee
muck%20082.jpg

+

thatching+rake+2.jpg

Stagger eel

Staff member
slow news day

that's 13....keep em comin.

btw, anyone who believes the Bulldog loving paper is as naive as a David Koresh follower...

it appears that the new darlings of the media can do no wrong these days and have an endless pitt of money to spend...f**kin wankers the lot of em.

84 Baby

Referee
f**kin wankers the lot of em.
That's the spirit! Get into them!
Dear Josh,
After you or one of the other hacks reads this, perhaps you can then go off to write about some actual noteworthy news. Yeah sure this crapola sells papers but it also reinforces the disgust us commoners have for journalists.
Yours sincerely,
Every reader converted to The Australian

P.S. Love your guys constant bagging of Danny Weidler & Phil Gould... cough.. HYPOCRITES... cough

parra pete

Referee
Here it comes....The Charge of the Player Managers.......

I think Feleti could become a target of Melbourne Rebels, Japanese Rugby, Billdogs, Warriors, GWS AFL, even NBL team...I hope he doesn't play in the 20/20 match, IPL will be after him as well, reckon he has a future in the NFL also with his ball skills.....

jono

Juniors
This is so tiresome. As soon as the rumour mills hits the telecrap , all the other club forumites pounce on our off contract players as if their clubs have all got a chance of securing them. , Mateo @ NZ , Canberra , Dogs , Inu Broncs , Dogs , Morts Dogs.
I know we would probably debate the same way , but this all seems to be a mass
debate.
On with 2010 , let's just focus on winning the comp

Stagger eel

Staff member
I want to ask any reasonable thinking person a question, how would we be struggling for cap space in 2011 when Burt, INU, Grothe, Mortimer, KK, Feleti, Caylo, Fui, Oake, Mitchell, Horo and Robinson are all off contract???..

the whole article doesn't make sense and makes Massoud look like a f**kwit...

I get a feeling this is the Scotty Principal,

Tell them you can do it in 4 hours so when you do it in 2 they will call you a miracle worker.

Tell the players there is not enough room for all of them and the best players on field get the contract $. Then when we magically fit all the big names in, Ozzie, Phil and DA are Miracle workers.

Stagger eel

Staff member
well on this occasion I aplogise to Massoud, but as far as I'm concerned they're all tard with the same brush.

84 Baby

Referee
I want to ask any reasonable thinking person a question, how would we be struggling for cap space in 2011 when Burt, INU, Grothe, Mortimer, KK, Feleti, Caylo, Fui, Oake, Mitchell, Horo and Robinson are all off contract???..

the whole article doesn't make sense and makes Massoud look like a f**kwit...
Totally agree. Fui, Mateo & Mortimer would probably be in line for upgrades. But Feleti's probably won't be too much more than what he's on now. While Burt, Grothe, Cayless and even Inu could be in line for downgrades. Oake for all intents is gone and Mitchell, Horo & Robinson are all untried and will entirely depend on if and how they play this season (KK's in the same boat)

I've thought about the issue of backended contracts but of the 3 known major ones we have (Hayne, Hindy & Tahu), only Tahu's will have any effect in 2011 as reportedly his will jump massively from 2010 to 2011. Hindy's may increase a little. It'll only be the first year of Hayne's new contract so his salary should be relatively low.

84 Baby

Referee
I get a feeling this is the Scotty Principal,

Tell them you can do it in 4 hours so when you do it in 2 they will call you a miracle worker.

Tell the players there is not enough room for all of them and the best players on field get the contract $. Then when we magically fit all the big names in, Ozzie, Phil and DA are Miracle workers.
Except in the NRL miracle workers are also known as salary cap cheats

84 Baby

Referee
Now I think about it, out entire 2011 squad may hinge around our captain. From what I've heard and read, he takes up about $400k of the cap space. If he retires then we have that much extra to work with, but we'll have to fill his spot with a player of at least the equal ability of Mannah. Could be either of the Mitchs but even then we'll probably have to upgrade their current contracts at least a little. Alternatively we could offer him a friendly downgrade.

Either way this could put us somewhere between $150k to $300k ahead. Add in Oake's $80k (?) and I believe that comfortably accommodates any increases to Tahu, Morts, Mateo & Fui's contracts. Then it'll all be about juggling the contracts of the others to fit them in

yy_cheng

Coach
Now I think about it, out entire 2011 squad may hinge around our captain. From what I've heard and read, he takes up about $400k of the cap space. If he retires then we have that much extra to work with, but we'll have to fill his spot with a player of at least the equal ability of Mannah. Could be either of the Mitchs but even then we'll probably have to upgrade their current contracts at least a little. Alternatively we could offer him a friendly downgrade.

Either way this could put us somewhere between $150k to $300k ahead. Add in Oake's $80k (?) and I believe that comfortably accommodates any increases to Tahu, Morts, Mateo & Fui's contracts. Then it'll all be about juggling the contracts of the others to fit them in

Fui and Caylo are off contract so if we do not manage to sign them, (Fui -> UK, Caylo -> Retires), we will need to go prop hunting.

Otherwise it leaves us with a pack of

13. Chad
12. Smith
11. Hindy
10. Poore
9, MK
8. Mannah

14. KK
15. Shack
16. ??
17. ??

Assuming FFMM is on $250K-$300K, I would say there would be close to $700K to go after a prop. Well two if we can't resign FFMM.

Because come SOO or injury time to Poore, we'd be really screwed.

born an eel

Bench
the only reason he is on $400K is because his contract was back ended. If he re-signs it will probably be around $250-300K. Even if he re-signs for the same money it will be less than $400K.