What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess you dirty filthy Squirrel Gripper

Which is Worse Squirrel or Hoppa?

• Squirrel Burgess

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • The Hopoate

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Both shoild have got 1 year banns

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hutty1986

Immortal
Simply pathetic. Chambers is a dog. The media witchhunt is disgusting.

News ltd are fixing an election and they are doing their best to rub us out of the premiership race because if we were to win it would humiliate them and prove everything they did to us from 99-01 was a catastrophic mistake.

It's all a big fix against souths. Did you see the state of the playing surface up in Townsville last weekend?

Unacceptable.

Danish

Referee
Can you imagine if this was Slater, though?

"The match review committee have deemed that Billy Slater was simply checking the Souths player for testicular cancer, and has no case to answer."

Billy Slater was not aware that it is against NRL rules to be in possession of multiple pairs of testicles. He is a victim of poor advice from his managerial staff and as such is absolved of any involvement.

Evenflow

Bench
Can you imagine if this was Slater, though?

"The match review committee have deemed that Billy Slater was simply checking the Souths player for testicular cancer, and has no case to answer."

But but but......it wasn't

It's a low dog act for sure, but I'm trying to work out exactly how they are going to prove that he intended to grab his wheels, and that said wheel grabbing did occur. Is there footage of him actually going the grope, or just his hand going in between his legs?

Silent Knight

First Grade
Simply pathetic. Chambers is a dog. The media witchhunt is disgusting.

News ltd are fixing an election and they are doing their best to rub us out of the premiership race because if we were to win it would humiliate them and prove everything they did to us from 99-01 was a catastrophic mistake.

I reckon you would make a great antenna. With the worlds longest face and a tin foil hat on top, you'd pick up just about any signal.

Card Shark

Immortal
It's a low dog act for sure, but I'm trying to work out exactly how they are going to prove that he intended to grab his wheels, and that said wheel grabbing did occur. Is there footage of him actually going the grope, or just his hand going in between his legs?

I didn't see a squirrel grip but there was definitely a Christmas hold - just that Chambers didn't get a lot of joy out of it.

Evenflow

Bench
It was just a joke champ.

But seriously, the shot they provided was hardly conclusive. Burgess should fight this, even though he probably did it.

Does he cop an extra week if he fights it and is unsuccessful though? I see this situation very much like the Graham biting incident in that you can't actually see him do it but it's blatantly obvious that he did. Though Slater did have markings on his ear to help prove the prosecutions case, not sure if Chambers has though :oops:

BunniesMan

Immortal
That must be why the 2 biggest ARL powerhouse clubs who spearheaded the fight against News Ltd and super league are currently running 1st and 3rd
Yep I spose the team currently running 2nd was best mates with them.

To suggest we didn't spearhead the fight is a joke. To suggest they did anything to Easts/Manly close to what they did to us is a joke.

Every club that didn't join SL was a proud fighter against News but their "relationship" with us is different. They killed us and fought to stop us from coming back because they said we didn't belong in the future of rugby league.

If we win a premiership 16 years after the Super League and with rugby league making more money than ever it will destroy any remaining argument their philosophy had.

The very last thing they want is us winning a premiership.
It's all a big fix against souths. Did you see the state of the playing surface up in Townsville last weekend?

Unacceptable.
Hutty knows.
But but but......it wasn't
No but he and his mates do actual intentional dog acts every single game and never get punished for it.

One day they will destroy someones knee and only then will a Storm player get a real suspension for a dog act.

Danish

Referee
Yep I spose the team currently running 2nd was best mates with them.

To suggest we didn't spearhead the fight is a joke. To suggest they did anything to Easts/Manly close to what they did to us is a joke.

Every club that didn't join SL was a proud fighter against News but their "relationship" with us is different. They killed us and fought to stop us from coming back because they said we didn't belong in the future of rugby league

Without the immense financial commitment of Manly and the Roosters, the ARL would have folded. Thats the bottom line. Those 2 clubs along with parramatta bankrolled the ARL's fight, paying huge dollars to keep whatever star players they could in the ARL and generally financing all the court battles.

If any of those 3 clubs signed on with super league, the ARL was toast. The rest of the clubs were just bit players in the whole thing (as they had to be, they had no money).

Clubs like the rabbits owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to clubs like the Roosters for destroying super league, then also having a huge hand in assisting with their re-entry to the league.

The rabbits got punted according to NRL guidelines, which were upheld on appeal, then overturned again with avenue to appeal, then

If we win a premiership 16 years after the Super League and with rugby league making more money than ever it will destroy any remaining argument their philosophy had.

The very last thing they want is us winning a premiership.

Just keep telling yourself that come the 2nd weekend in september when you crash out in straight sets ;-)

BunniesMan

Immortal
You're not seriously going down the conspiracy path are you?
I don't think there is any conspiracy at NRL/judiciary level. They're just incompetent.

I do think there is a media conspiracy coming from News ltd (and they essentially are the media, they dominate the marketplace and dwarf their competitors in terms of readership/viewership/finances).

And that is easily seen in the way this alleged act is covered compared to the multiple and repeated dog acts Storm players do in every single game. The attention given to this is completely out of proportion to what they give to Billy Slater and his friends when they do much worse things much more often.

Valheru

Coach
I have to congratulate most souffs fans for showing a semblance of a personality in this thread, you have been quite humorous. And then enters BM...