What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same Team!!!!!

Fathead

Bench
Hey Boxhead,
Whilst I dont agree with you on a few things esp Mortimer (I am clearly with lingard on this... dont get me started ... Serenity NOW ) - Im glad you are on this forum. Even though you dont agree with someone, you never resort to being a dickhead and abusing them. Good onya Mate

caylo

Bench
TBH if we can get an experianced halfback or a halfback with any type of kicking game then I would definatly have a halves combo with them and Humble. Mortz needs some serious time in wenty to learn how to play football, it worked for Soward and Walsh. I think he can be a good 5-8 but at the moment he is simply a support player with very little variation in his game. Is it time to change it now, well probably not but definatly next year and a #7 is a position we need to target as managment are.

Fathead

Bench
Its because Im really Homer Simpson (which is where I get my Fathead from!)
But seriously, next time Im in Sydney, we will get some of the forum members together and have a beer and an arm wrestle. :)

Suitman

Post Whore
Its because Im really Homer Simpson (which is where I get my Fathead from!)
But seriously, next time Im in Sydney, we will get some of the forum members together and have a beer and an arm wrestle. :)

Seriously, please, let us know when you are in Sydeny. :)
Quite happy to catch up for a lite shandy, chew the fat, and then, bag the crap out of losers like Twiz, Belly, PJ etc - you know.........all those Qld peanus vaccums.
Only joking. :sarcasm:
lol

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm not sure I agree with the concept of bringing in mass changes (or just the one, even) just because of one loss to a red-hot side...

I mean sure, Mortimer has struggled. I like him, but I can't defend his form this year. However, he was there when we won three on the trot. He was there when we beat Melbourne.

Consistency is key in my opinion. And having watched the replay of the Eels-Roosters match, I don't think the boys turned up for that game. I'm not defending them - they were poor and the Roosters were simply excellent. But you have to wonder what would have happened had they shown up to play ball.

andrew057

First Grade
I mean sure, Mortimer has struggled. I like him, but I can't defend his form this year. However, he was there when we won three on the trot. He was there when we beat Melbourne.

Thats the problem though Eelementary. In those three games won on the trot you mention Parramatta scored a total of 96 points, averaging 32 a game, pretty good going. 17 tries total and Daniel Mortimer only contributed 1 try assist.

Its so obvious the guy is out of his depth in first grade this season its not funny. Hes a passenger when things are going good and a big problem when Parra are struggling.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Thats the problem though Eelementary. In those three games won on the trot you mention Parramatta scored a total of 96 points, averaging 32 a game, pretty good going. 17 tries total and Daniel Mortimer only contributed 1 try assist.

Its so obvious the guy is out of his depth in first grade this season its not funny. Hes a passenger when things are going good and a big problem when Parra are struggling.

There is nothing to suggest that Kris Keating or Tom Humble would be any better. Humble looked good, but he is essentially a runner of the ball and we need a play maker, one that sets the attack. We havent got one, Jeff Robson does what he can, but we still have none. So what do we do? I think planning for the future is the best option and Mortimer is that option.

andrew057

First Grade
There is nothing to suggest that Kris Keating or Tom Humble would be any better. Humble looked good, but he is essentially a runner of the ball and we need a play maker, one that sets the attack. We havent got one, Jeff Robson does what he can, but we still have none. So what do we do? I think planning for the future is the best option and Mortimer is that option.

As Ive mentioned in this thread Im not suggesting other combinations would be sure to fire. But Mateo was quite impressive at 5/8 at the beginning of last season. I know hes been EXTREMELY poor this season, but a move might spark him and the team into life. I agree in essence with what you said about Humble, but surely he cant be any worse than what Mortimer has been dishing up.

Planning for the future (continuing to play Mortimer) the rest of the season is the equivilant of giving up on the year. Im not ready to do that, Parramatta have the cattle to win a premiership, but it wont be realised with Mortimer dragging the team back.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
As Ive mentioned in this thread Im not suggesting other combinations would be sure to fire. But Mateo was quite impressive at 5/8 at the beginning of last season. I know hes been EXTREMELY poor this season, but a move might spark him and the team into life. I agree in essence with what you said about Humble, but surely he cant be any worse than what Mortimer has been dishing up.

Planning for the future (continuing to play Mortimer) the rest of the season is the equivilant of giving up on the year. Im not ready to do that, Parramatta have the cattle to win a premiership, but it wont be realised with Mortimer dragging the team back.

If DA moved Mateo to five eight, I wouldnt object. I think we would need Shack back before we could sacrifice another forward but Mateo can bring us points. But there are many reasons why he shouldnt be moved there, like he wont be here next year, he is prone to errors, he hasnt exactly shown enthusiasm in his current role.

And I dont think persisting with Mortimer will be a sign of giving up on this year. I think this comp is still there to be won for us. I know what this side is capable of, with Mortimer in the halves.

meanmachine

Juniors
Does anyone know if anything will be done for Caylo for him breaking the record for the most captaincies for Parra at the Brisbane game?

andrew057

First Grade

Quoted for the truth.

Glenn

First Grade
So it is all the fault of Mortimer??? I guess every team needs a scapegoat.
Where is all this talk now from the board about how they are going to rejuvinate the team etc???

oldmancraigy

Coach
Well I think SOMETHING needs to change for the Broncos game.

We might as well give Mateo a go at 5/8 - it couldn't be worse than the drivel our halves are currently serving up. And defensively we're not going to get any worse either.

Mortimer can go play at Wenty the rest of the year and just practice kicking the ball. Next year he can work on passing. Then the year after he can work on calling the plays. Then we can sign him for $250k again and he might actually be worth it!