What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow back in training

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon Kearney and Stuart both improved on what they were left with, even if their on-field results were worse.

As for Brad Arthur, I think he's potentially the next great coach. He is almost certainly no worse than average.

How we go with recruitment/retention this year (i.e. whether or not I agree with it lol) will probably decide it for me. Wins and losses won't matter to me for at least two years (as far as my judgement of the coach) but this side at full strength should be winning about half its games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's how you play the game that matters.

I want to see one out shit up the guts. Hang onto the f**ken pill merkins!

yy_cheng

Coach
Me too. We should just employ the old newey gameplan and get monster forwards in one up hitouts. Dont even need a hooker if i remember correctly.

With the new rulrs and all. No paaraball shit

caylo

Bench
We defended our line well and I've always though that if you can prove you can defend your mistakes then don't be scared to make a few. Anyway we want wide against the warriors but we did it in a pretty simple and low risk manner. None of this hot potato stuff we did last year

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The key is support and decoys runners. If you've got them pulling defenders away from the ball you can go as one out as you like.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
do you seriously think defenders cant pick who the decoy runners are now days ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not until the ball has gone past them. Until then they have to treat them like a potential runner.

And it's not just decoys, it's support runners, like I said. The defence only knows the ball carrier won't pass when there's no merkin to pass to.

Gareth Keenan

Juniors
do you seriously think defenders cant pick who the decoy runners are now days ?
I think it would be pretty easy to pick if you were playing Parramatta in the last 2 years...but pretty hard for some of the better teams. Probably why they keep doing it.

Picking the decoy, decoy runners is also very tricky.

Bigfella

Coach
Two of our tries last week involved a very similar move - in one Hopoate got the ball and set out the outside man; in the other he acted as decoy and hayne set up the outside man.

Last year we probably scored neither: he decoy was either non existent or non effective; and the time he did get the ball wouldn't have executed as well as hoppa.

By having an attacking option as dangerous as hayne it became a two try play. When it was just hayne and a nuffy we prob score no tries.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Two of our tries last week involved a very similar move - in one Hopoate got the ball and set out the outside man; in the other he acted as decoy and hayne set up the outside man.

Last year we probably scored neither: he decoy was either non existent or non effective; and the time he did get the ball wouldn't have executed as well as hoppa.

By having an attacking option as dangerous as hayne it became a two try play. When it was just hayne and a nuffy we prob score no tries.

The "Nuffys" name is R Stuart.

Surely the effectiveness of decoys, or more likely option runners, is largely down to the timing of the runs and particularly the timing of the dummy half's work? Half a second of snafu at the ruck and everything else is irrelevant.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Surely the effectiveness of decoys, or more likely option runners, is largely down to the timing of the runs and particularly the timing of the dummy half's work? Half a second of snafu at the ruck and everything else is irrelevant.

Good point Barry. Although they don't need to time it off the play-the-ball. They can time it off the pass, or anywhere in between.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
The guy who signed most of our current team?

Radradra
Tonga
Hopoate
Toutai
Kelly
Mannah
Moimoi
Smith
Paulo
Tanginoa
Terepo
Lussick

Don't forget he set up the #academy

SK was a genius last week for signing all these guys.
Seven days later they're all f**king useless hacks.

Latest posts