What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow gorn - off to Parramatta

fred95

Juniors
Obviously I'm a huge fan of Sandow, I think he'll be very good over the next few years and am gutted he's gone. But fmd, 2 million dollars and 4 years....he's getting paid like a top 2 or 3 halfback in the comp, he will need to play at a very very very high level for the entire length of his contract for the Eels to get their moneys worth.

It's a massive risk for them, they've gone all in on him, it might pay off, it might not.
You believe Sandow is being overpaid by the Eels, you cant possibly know how much the Eels are paying him. Sandow has been far and away your best player this year, some are saying $550,000 Idoubt this to be true But even if it's true, you have a player at your club on $ 650,000 who has done almost nothing. Stop bitching, facts are that Sandow is a far better player than Inglis and Inglis's exorbitant salary is the reason you lost Sandow.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Parra will fail, epicly.

Souths will go on the market hunting for a halfback.

Man I hope they get Joe Williams back again hahahaha

At least the next 4 years will see Souths and Parra in a tough battle for the spoon

hybrid_tiger

Coach
You believe Sandow is being overpaid by the Eels, you cant possibly know how much the Eels are paying him. Sandow has been far and away your best player this year, some are saying $550,000 Idoubt this to be true But even if it's true, you have a player at your club on $ 650,000 who has done almost nothing. Stop bitching, facts are that Sandow is a far better player than Inglis and Inglis's exorbitant salary is the reason you lost Sandow.

Even if its not $550K its still massive overs.

I know there is a lack of halfbacks out there at the moment, but that kind of money for Sandow is just ridiculous.

Anything above $400K is getting to Thurston, Cronk, Prince money. Sandow is just not that good.

ozjet1

im a firm believer that a team is as good as it's worst 5 players on the park at any one time.

Geez, Souths are going to be shit.

i'll say it again. mortgaged their future on this season..........and it's unravelling.

legend

Coach
I'd take Sandow over Prince any day. He is a myth and at least Sandow has heart. Sandow can also kick goals so his real market value IMO is around 350k per season.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
BunniesMan's post is spot on.

shocked.gif

Billythekid

First Grade
I'd take Sandow over Prince any day. He is a myth and at least Sandow has heart. Sandow can also kick goals so his real market value IMO is around 350k per season.

A myth who carried his team to a premiership? Not to mention he hasn't missed the finals whilst at the titans.

What the f*ck has Sandow done?

Now i know Prince is coming to the end of his career but its a bit ridiculous to make a statement like that when Sandow has achieved f*ck all.

Y2Eel

First Grade
sandow now > sterlo now

Lies Sterlo now> Everyone......

When does the Salary cap go up when the new NRL tv rights come in?
If The Salary cap makes a bit of a jump up when the NRL get a big hit from the next TV rights and Sandow is playing like he is now for the next 4 seasons Parra will look to have made the correct decision..

It is a gamble and HOPEFULLY he can keep up this form for the next few years...

Signing Sandow will also help get other players to join the club now who wants to come to a team with Robson and Mortimer in the halves seriously?

Patorick

Staff member
A myth who carried his team to a premiership? Not to mention he hasn't missed the finals whilst at the titans.

What the f*ck has Sandow done?

Now i know Prince is coming to the end of his career but its a bit ridiculous to make a statement like that when Sandow has achieved f*ck all.
Titans missed the semis in 07 & 08.

Latest posts