What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow gorn - off to Parramatta

roarr

Juniors
Talk about massive u-turns, foxsports reported earlier that he would reject them now he's signed.

Yeah i'm pretty sure foxsports story yesterday was "sandow set to ditch eels for souths" and this morning they re-arranged the words to "sandow set to ditch souths for eels".

Geez we are lucky to have such quality journalism in this country.

I'll say one thing atleast Sandows got heart, god knows that Mortimer has none! One positive for Parra fans atleast.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Obviously I'm a huge fan of Sandow, I think he'll be very good over the next few years and am gutted he's gone. But fmd, 2 million dollars and 4 years....he's getting paid like a top 2 or 3 halfback in the comp, he will need to play at a very very very high level for the entire length of his contract for the Eels to get their moneys worth.

It's a massive risk for them, they've gone all in on him, it might pay off, it might not.

Mr Saab

Referee
Sandow will bomb at the eels. Their pack is RUBBISH and he will have the pressure of being the saviour...the 500k saviour when he is not even worth 300k.
But then with the lackof halves talent we have then he can ask what he likes.

mrpwnd

Bench
Sandow will bomb at the eels. Their pack is RUBBISH and he will have the pressure of being the saviour...the 500k saviour when he is not even worth 300k.
But then with the lackof halves talent we have then he can ask what he likes.
What part of their pack is rubbish?

Mannah? Fui? Poore? Shackleton? Horo? Hindmarsh?

Pretty solid if you ask me.

Mr Saab

Referee
What part of their pack is rubbish?

Mannah? Fui? Poore? Shackleton? Horo? Hindmarsh?

Pretty solid if you ask me.

Fui is good for 20 mins
Mannah is ok
Poore....please.
Shack...avg
Horo...meh
Hindmarsh....career is at the end

If the pack was so good then they would not be where they are now. Sandow has his work cut out for him. He will have as much pressure there than he had at souffs....even more so possibly.

Special K

Coach
Surely this must be the most felonious contract in the history of rugby league?

Sandow and Poore on mega bucks and parra fans wonder why they can't keep their jnrs

God-King Dean

Immortal

Sandow and Poore on mega bucks and parra fans wonder why they can't keep their jnrs

Mortimer for 200-250K
Maitua
Walker
Webb

Osbourne is a genius. No wonder he walks around with that stupid smug grin.......

84 Baby

Referee

Speaking of which, how are our juniors? Half your team fit that category

The fact that Souths even bothered trying to compete with the Eels offer shows that we haven't come as far along as a club as some of us seem to think imo...

oldmancraigy

Coach
Mortimer for 200-250K

Where do you get the Mortimer number? When asked about reports it was said to be 'nowhere even near' the $200k mark.

Best guesses suggest $150-170k (which, as an Eels fan, I think is too much for Lesstimer!)

Maitua/ Webb/ Whats etc = 55k minimum contracts. Apparently it's compulsory to fill up the top 25 with paid players - who would've known :roll:
No big deal bringing in guys who may or may not pan out is there?

And as for the Parra juniors - why the heck would we have signed any of those bums up for this year? They won 3 (three) games in the NYC last season. They're craptastica and not even remotely worth considering!!!

Hopefully something is going on with recruitment at the sub NYC level (there's a reason the Broncos talent guy was brought in by - shock horror - Osborne) --> but to pay those 15 year old guys first grade contracts would be beyond geniused!

Would I value Sandow at $400k? (as non-fake-Russell-Crowe reports have suggested)
Probably not - but heck, he's better by far than Hodkinson ($270k) and Parra have squat all in the junior halves department to turn to!

sharko

Juniors
Over half a million a year is a silly price for Snadow, he is worth 300K at best.
He tries hard Sandow, and can look good, especially playing against weaker teams but he is incurably dumb as a footballer and has one of the more average kicking games in the comp.
With Hayne and Sandow in the same team their combined IQ would not hit double figures.
And Parra have shown this year they are a rabble on and off the pitch, Hindmarsh is looking forward to retirement and without him the guts of their pack is gone, FuiFui is an overweight myth and they have the most boring backline in the comp.
Sandow will take the dough but will not enjoy the next few years!

Goddo

Bench
Whatever Parra are paying, its probably too much.

Shows how scarce good 7's are at the moment.

Latest posts