What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW back in the NRL in 2013

Danish

Referee
Rationalise it all you want, you know what I posted is true.

What ARE you saying exactly? that SBW is giving the NRL a middle fingered salute by making the code millions of dollars?

He's sure showing them :lol:

:lol: That was someone else in the dunny stall with Candice? Or caught drink driving? Or pissing on a wall? Or smashing a photographer's camera?

Short memories in Bondi it would seem.

All over 5 years ago and when he was under the influence of the filthy dogs and ol' Willie Mason

betcats

Referee
So my life sucks because I don't want SBW back. gtfoh with that weak shit. The fact that it's a Charles Barkley quote says it all really.

Im over this, he's coming back next season and I can't stop it.

I hope plays in career worst form and then gets cleaned up by big Botha.

Patorick

Staff member
So my life sucks because I don't want SBW back. gtfoh with that weak shit. The fact that it's a Charles Barkley quote says it all really.

Very popular show in South Africa...

Brutus

Referee
Had Blinky Bill played much union before he left the Dogs?

I heard he was soley a RL player back in NZ as a kid.

Snappy

Coach
Hey kids, I'm only here because I have to be, plus they're paying me hundreds of thousands of dollars for one year. Remember, Union is better and boxing is more important. And if you ever betray your team mates and supporters, never ever apologise. Only look out for yourself, be a selfish merkin like me, Sonny Bill.

Summed it up nicely.

The Eagle

Juniors

TBH most dogs fans on here have been ok about it and at least they have a right to be angry.

It?s the amount of ?outraged? Canberra fans that I find humorous

How do you expect he will do that? I can?t say his morals in terms of a contract are exemplary but other than that I don?t recall him being involved in any off field incident in any club he has been with.

Dogs fans dont have a right to be anything,they tried to ruin the game with Brisbane,Sharks and other super league traitors

They be butthurt

The Great Dane

First Grade
TBH most dogs fans on here have been ok about it and at least they have a right to be angry.

It?s the amount of ?outraged? Canberra fans that I find humorous

How do you expect he will do that? I can?t say his morals in terms of a contract are exemplary but other than that I don?t recall him being involved in any off field incident in any club he has been with.

I don't speak for all Raiders fans.

The reason I am so pissed off is because I support the Brumbies and as such watch quite a bit of RU, and every time SBW is in the game I am watching the argument between myself and the group of friends I watch RU with starts again. On one side you have the RL fans (who support all manner of teams) who think what SBW did to the Dogs was disgraceful, on the other side you have the RU fans who do not support RL (most of whom are Kiwis) who think it was no big deal and that it was a great decision simply because it hurt RL.

These RU fans have been trying to convince us that SBW is loyal and does not abandon his team mates, they will be watching the RL world cup (don't know why they do but they always have) and I have already been getting shit from them about how SBW is going to retain the world cup for the Kiwis so it would be the height of karma and revenge if SBW declared for NSW. So my reasons are more to do with them then with SBW coming back, truth be told I really could not care less that he is back except that it opens up the chance that I might get some sort of confirmation that we were right and they were wrong.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Out of interest is there any Rooster fans on here that decided not to get a membership this year but have now decided they will due to $BW signing?

I will watch Roosters memberships and attendances with interest, I have my doubts $BW is that big a draw card that it will do much for either.

As for a good investment, what about next eyar when he is gone and the money is gone with him? Signing a slightly lesser known but equally good player for 3-4 years would have been a wiser investment imo. Only plus for the game I can see is that IF he plays in the RLWC it gives NZ more chance of retaining the world cup.

hitman82

Bench
Hey kids, I'm only here because I have to be, plus they're paying me hundreds of thousands of dollars for one year. Remember, Union is better and boxing is more important. And if you ever betray your team mates and supporters, never ever apologise. Only look out for yourself, be a selfish merkin like me, Sonny Bill.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

SBW is a slimy piece of shit. The fact he's being more open with his self-serving mercenary attitude doesn't make it any better.

He is openly using rugby league as a means to continue his boxing while raping the Roosters for a huge salary and highlighting the fact he would rather be playing the Homo Code.

Even better, the dopey-faced f**k refuses to commit to the New Zealand representative team (who he also abandoned when he quit rugby league) and is undecided about whether he will play the Bulldogs away match... since when do NRL players choose whether they play or not???

I love the way the NZ media trumpet him as some kind of national sporting superhero. He isn't. He abandoned the national rugby league team to play for the Enemy code, money and supposed glory... how does that make him a f**kin hero?

Now he's turning his back on yawnion because they wouldn't let him continue his farcical boxing career... but oh no, the NRL is happy to bend over and let $BW buttf**k them by whatever terms he wants, so he can then turn around and piss all over us in the media and waltz back to his softcock buddies in the Bore Blacks in 2014.
Cool story.

I hope he gets niggled and chicken-winged and abused by the crowd and generally treated like the filthy whore he is.

carcharias

Immortal
oh dont worry he will walk out.

The roosters are getting to sleep with the hottest chick in the room.
Problem is ...she has the dick and is doing the rooting.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Dogs fans dont have a right to be anything,they tried to ruin the game with Brisbane,Sharks and other super league traitors

They be butthurt

Get over it you stupid fu#k. Your just pissed because news didn't think the Eagles where worth the money they would have to spend to get them to come over to the super league, economically and geographically the Sea Eagles where and still are a basket case.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
What ARE you saying exactly? that SBW is giving the NRL a middle fingered salute by making the code millions of dollars?

Yet to be seen. So far all he has delivered is a poor attitude and a dopey stare.

Danish said:
All over 5 years ago and when he was under the influence of the filthy dogs and ol' Willie Mason

:lol: Yet you want to bring up Super League?

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
What shits me is him implying that he is doing Rugby League a favour by returning, and him also publicly saying he doesn't even want to be here, and loves Union more.

The Eagle

Juniors
Get over it you stupid fu#k. Your just pissed because news didn't think the Eagles where worth the money they would have to spend to get them to come over to the super league, economically and geographically the Sea Eagles where and still are a basket case.

Bwhahaahahhahaha when did your treacherous scum Canberra last win a premiership?

The next will be 21st of NEVER

The butthurt is delicious in this thread

The Director

Juniors
So SBW has apparently upped the NZ tv rights deal by $1 mill, is going to bring a sellout crowd to his first away game in Auckland, and brought in $50k worth of memberships for the roosters in the few hours since signing with the club.

Yep... Terrible move to have him back in the game :sarcasm:

around 180 memberships were bought in a few hours, when the Roosters struggled to get a few thousand previously per year?

I call shenanigans.

TD.

Valheru

Coach
Out of interest is there any Rooster fans on here that decided not to get a membership this year but have now decided they will due to $BW signing?
I will watch Roosters memberships and attendances with interest, I have my doubts $BW is that big a draw card that it will do much for either.

I doubt the signing has swayed anyone on LU to get a membership. The LU community in general are hardcore fans.

He will definitely boost attendances. We will get told that it is the away support though.

bottle

Coach
SBW is sure to bring the Chooks a premiership this year, it's a certainty.
I concur.
Sonny Bill, combined with a brand new coach, the mastery of Maloney, the dynamism of Mitchell Pearce, and the well known 'relaxed' atmosphere of the Bondi based behemoths will prevail, no doubt about it.

And shame on all of you for doubting the young man.

Sonny Bill is a fine fellow of high ethical standing.
He stands by his word, and his hand shake. He would never ever EVER do anything to harm the fine game of Rugerby League, or to detract from the efforts of his team mates. He has a deep respect, almost love, for Uncle Nick, who he sees as the doyen of the used car fraternity. He associates with only the best of society, and is above reproach in all aspects of his life.

He will bring millions, nay, zillions of extra dollars into the coffers of Rugerby League. Tens of thousands of extra spectators will watch the game as a result. Not only here, but worldwide, perhaps even into the furthest reaches of the galaxy. I have liitle doubt the long awaited conquest of the Chinese market is only a short step away. I can see the hordes flooding Tiananmen now chanting 'Lugby Reague, Lugby Reague' accompanied by Mao like banners of Sonny Bill. It will be awesome fellow fans.

I feel so overwhelmed by the whole event that I think on his first reentry into a Rugerby League playing field the ground should be strewn with the fronds of assorted palm trees, and mere mortals like us should be forced to lay prostrate and not raise our faces to gaze upon the great man until such time as he deigns it reasonable for us to do so.

All hail the new 'Prince of the Greatest Game of All'.
Well, for a year at least, or until a better offer comes along.

Latest posts