What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schiff IS Goonski

ak47

Juniors
We are set to lose close to 1000 1st grade game experience this year
and the captain wants to use a get out clause

sorry but that aint what captains do...its a cop out IMO.

as far as he is concerned - he is an employee, and raiders are the employer

he doesnt care about the future, nor his role as a captain to lead as example

Boing Boing

Juniors
Mate, no matter what company you work for, you should always show loyalty to your family before your employer.

What is it that Schif owes you??

legend

Coach
Boing Boing said:
And you're not naive in your belief that he is already signed away with no chance of staying?

We'll know one way or the other in the next day or so but I know where I'd have my money.:D

dubby

Bench
legend said:
What's done is done and he will be measured moreso by the way he left the club than his achievements on it.

My two favourite sports stars are Laurie Daley and John Elway. Both stayed with the one club their entire career and went out on their terms with the respect of not only their teams fans, but that of all associated with their sport.

Schifcofske will never be in that class because the way he handled his departure showed a distinct lack of class.

That's all I have to say on this issue.

That is bloody well said...:clap: :clap:

Boing Boing

Juniors
legend said:
We'll know one way or the other in the next day or so but I know where I'd have my money.:D

And you might be right. My comments aren't so much directed at you, as they are at everyone else out there who has decided Schif has already moved to Queensland and that he has less integrity Bob Fulton.

Bay56

First Grade
Boing Boing said:
And you might be right. My comments aren't so much directed at you, as they are at everyone else out there who has decided Schif has already moved to Queensland and that he has less integrity Bob Fulton.

B_B I'm indifferent to the way he has handled the situation ... one minute the Raiders mean everything to him and the next its the $$$'s ruling his decision making ... make up your mind fella.

If he stays imo the captaincy should be stripped.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Bay56 said:
B_B I'm indifferent to the way he has handled the situation ... one minute the Raiders mean everything to him and the next its the $$$'s ruling his decision making ... make up your mind fella.

If he stays imo the captaincy should be stripped.

If you have read all the evidence (newspaper reports) then you will find it has nothing to do with money, as the Union off is worth less than his current contract. He stated in today's CT that he loves the Raiders. It doesn't look like he wants to play at any other NRL club. What's left? Ah yes. Moving back to Queensland.

woodgers

Bench
Boing Boing said:

Boing!

Surely you are not talking the same Bobby Fulton, the immortal, ranked in the top 7 players ever to play the game!

jed

First Grade
I equate Bob Fulton's integrity at roughly the same level as Phil Gould when he's commentating on 9

Bay56

First Grade
Boing Boing said:
If you have read all the evidence (newspaper reports) then you will find it has nothing to do with money, as the Union off is worth less than his current contract. He stated in today's CT that he loves the Raiders. It doesn't look like he wants to play at any other NRL club. What's left? Ah yes. Moving back to Queensland.

Let me get this right …

Schif uses an escape clause in his contract to join the Reds only to find out the money is not good enough …the deal is off and the Raiders are all of a sudden the best thing to schif since sliced bread ….

All of a sudden the Reds have found a bit of extra cash through a third party sponsor and it seems as though the deal is on again … but wait, there’s more … the Raiders sponsor is offers him a job after league … well lets put this decision off for a few days …

who gives a rats that the Raiders could be in negotiation with another player …

Now lets wait for the next episode in this story …. Will it be Mr Good Guy Schif stays with the Raiders for less money or will it be the Reds offer was too good to refuse ??

ak47

Juniors
Boing Boing said:
Mate, no matter what company you work for, you should always show loyalty to your family before your employer.

What is it that Schif owes you??

agreed but his family arent going to walk out on him if he stays

i agree family is first

this should have been discussed when he signed a contract over x amount of years, that his family are willing to stay there that long.

isnt that what you weigh up when making a commitment/contract

my main gripe is that his comments of loyalty weeks ago are now false....that is all....i thought he was an honost man of true word.......if he goes, then i lose all respect for him

i dont mind players leaving........but when they leave full of lies and deceit.......by all means show them the door.

thickos

First Grade
Chachi said:
At the end of the day he knows the timing of this has shafted the club with which he has publically stated a passion for. I also agree with Woodgers' assessment of Myles and have stated elsewhere that anything much over $250 for him is ridiculous. I'm more pissed off about losing the opportunity to sign guys like Cooper and Webster, but maybe that was never an option anyway (even with the Schif money).

I'd really like to know how much we're under the cap by if Schif leaves. Colin Best does not quite equal Woolford, Schifcofski, Hodgson, Smith and maybe Ale and Croker. We definitely need to sign a few more players (even just to make up the numbers!), but our only real option at this stage is to go with a stack of more promising youngsters and hope we jag another Learoyd Lahrs, Thurling or Tilse.

We should be miles under the cap but who we are going to spend it on is anyone's guess, my fear is they upgrade all the dead wood we currently have at the club.

Remember the cap is going up to $4m too so there is a lot of money to play with.

We know Schif is 340k, and Smith, Germ, Mogg are all 'above average' (130k being average in a 25 man squad) players.... add Hodgo and fringe guys like Ale etc and I reckon it must be near $1m.

SOULS 04

Juniors
your kidding yourself with the his family wont walk out on him.... sometimes its what's best for the family. schif has every right to go.

I'm just hoping he will stay.

also to anyone who says he will be judged on the way he left won't be thinking about my opinion because mine will be the way he played and some of the great moments that he produced.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Bay56 said:
Let me get this right …

Schif uses an escape clause in his contract to join the Reds only to find out the money is not good enough …the deal is off and the Raiders are all of a sudden the best thing to schif since sliced bread ….

All of a sudden the Reds have found a bit of extra cash through a third party sponsor and it seems as though the deal is on again … but wait, there’s more … the Raiders sponsor is offers him a job after league … well lets put this decision off for a few days …

who gives a rats that the Raiders could be in negotiation with another player …

Now lets wait for the next episode in this story …. Will it be Mr Good Guy Schif stays with the Raiders for less money or will it be the Reds offer was too good to refuse ??

Staying for less money? The Union offer is worth less money than his current contract, as all the reports state. This means that his decision means a lot more than just money.

Stuart

Juniors
thickos said:
We should be miles under the cap but who we are going to spend it on is anyone's guess, my fear is they upgrade all the dead wood we currently have at the club.

Remember the cap is going up to $4m too so there is a lot of money to play with.

We know Schif is 340k, and Smith, Germ, Mogg are all 'above average' (130k being average in a 25 man squad) players.... add Hodgo and fringe guys like Ale etc and I reckon it must be near $1m.

Judging by the rumour mill, we seem to be chasing a number of talented young players. We have been linked to Ndaira (talented young St G hoker), Samau (young Storm player i think), Fraser Anderson and a few others. So by the looks of it we should sign a few young players sometime in the future.

I also think we are a very good chance of getting Myles but that shouldn't cover the cap we have available, so if we dont sign another "big" name (s) id like us to try and lure some under contract junior superstars to canberra with schifs money, Kris Inu for example or one of a number of other possibilities.

woodgers

Bench
f**k that Stuart.

Keep your money and work out your cap space for 2008. There is no more June 30 deadline so start looking at the real quality in positions we need that are due to come off contract at the end of 2007. Then we have all year to negotiate with those players, all the while working out for another year who we top up or look at off loading. This is a chance to be smart with the cash I reckon.

I'm sick of buying for the sake of buying.

Stuart

Juniors
woodgers said:
f**k that Stuart.

Keep your money and work out your cap space for 2008. There is no more June 30 deadline so start looking at the real quality in positions we need that are due to come off contract at the end of 2007. Then we have all year to negotiate with those players, all the while working out for another year who we top up or look at off loading. This is a chance to be smart with the cash I reckon.

But its also the time to be shifty and chase the "next Inglis" and sign them on a long term deal which appears good but when considered next to the new cap is actually pretty sh*tty.

Exploiting the extra cap space will be possible IMO, all clubs have it so it shouldnt be an advantage but if thrown at the right people, at the right clubs it could be exploited to our advantage...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
woodgers said:
f**k that Stuart.

Agree totally, all the good stuff is gone for next year. Best plan for 2008.

thickos

First Grade
But we have to spend a certain amount of the cap no matter what guys... they changed the rules regarding holding money over until the following year.

Good news for 07/08 is Frawley will piss off and we'll have even more money :D

Latest posts