What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Score tonite v Dogs

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Soward was fine tonight, his kicking game was the only thing that kept us in the match. People need to watch the game. He found the turf every time and his long ranger into the in-goal put us the front foot in the final stages.

At the end of the day, Canterbury were the better team. Lucky to get their first try, but still the better on the night.

de Belin the pick of the forwards for mine, but for the most part we were being bent back in the line. That's where we lost the match.

Vidot was great early on, but was guilty of a poor defensive read to let in the Canterbury third try.

To the Canterbury supporters throwing projectiles at Soward while he was attempting to level the scores, the same thing happened against the Sharks this year... something about scum supporters.

Last edited:

ozbuck

Juniors
He played like the bitch he is. Did he do some good stuff? Yes. So he should with that talent. He has a sublime skill set but just doesn't produce. Did he f**k up the important stuff? Yes? Did he impose his will on the game? No. Did the backs have any alignment? No. His attacking kicking game was rubbish. He missed the goal kick that counted. And you just knew he would. Because he is Jamie Soward.

HAHAHAHA! No mention of the weak forwards. No mention of the non-intimidating outside backs. etc etc. Just soward!

Sowie made a couple of mistakes tonight, no doubt. BUT HE ALSO DID SOME GREAT STUFF.

Barba made a couple of mistakes tonight too and had a very quiet game! SACK BARBA!!!

HAHAHA!

TheRev

Coach
There were a lot of Chicken-Wing tackles tonight, the dogs look to be trained to grab the arms and hold them behind their back.. crazy stuff, the JDB injury almost looked deliberate too, but anyway.. rest of the game went to program, same stuff as usual, slight bounce in motivation and effort, but a waste of energy when we dont play with any structure anyway.

Got 3 easyish games coming up, Knights/Cowboys/Penrith, im sure we will win 1 of em, and then we can hit the price reset button and re have all the same conversations as we have for the last 16 months.

dragonv

Juniors
HAHAHAHA! No mention of the weak forwards. No mention of the non-intimidating outside backs. etc etc. Just soward!

Sowie made a couple of mistakes tonight, no doubt. BUT HE ALSO DID SOME GREAT STUFF.

Barba made a couple of mistakes tonight too and had a very quiet game! SACK BARBA!!!

HAHAHA!

calling the forwards weak? they were always going to be up against it to beat the dogs pack with the huge Pritchard, kasiano, graham, eastwood etc and I thought they did a great job given the circumstances.

our creative pair have very little to offer and our coach has not got us making the right attacking plays.

Well there you have it....

SP ...."There were alot of really good individual performances out there tonight"

..."a great effort by the boys"

..."really hung in there"

..."we're not looking to finals this year"

If you want a more accurate assessment of the Dragons performance tonight, listen to Gus and Sterlo's comments through the course of the game. They are honest.

tbf - Steve Price did mention silly mistakes and penalties, but the clear impression is he is satisfied.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Compare the dogs structure of attacking play to ours? Theirs was crisp, ours was simply painful to watch.

To be totally honest I think deep down the results we are getting and where we are sitting on the table is what some of us expected this year..most of us know it and I believe a lot of our players do as well...except for a brief run where we put together 3 wins on the trot we hav'nt really been convincing in any aspect of our game this year..hate to admit it but cant see it improving in the near or distant future...yes you can say we have come close in a few games but imo we're nowhere near the top 4 or 5 teams in this comp.

Father Ted

First Grade
Soward was fine tonight, his kicking game was the only thing that kept us in the match. People need to watch the game. He found the turf every time and his long ranger into the in-goal put us the front foot in the final stages.

Agree I thought Soward was better than last week by a mile although I wish he'd give up sliding backwards near our try line.

At the end of the day, Canterbury were the better team. Lucky to get their first try, but still the better on the night.

Pleased to see we did give them a scare tonight.. Did you go to you're usual haunt to watch the game and did you see Rexxy?

de Belin the pick of the forwards for mine, but for the most part we were being bent back in the line. That's where we lost the match.

One of his best , hope he is'nt injured for any length of time.

Vidot was great early on, but was guilty of a poor defensive read to let in the Canterbury third try.

Disagree big guy. He would'nt catch the ball on the full last week and nearly ever week there's a mistake of some sort. Not a Vidot fan and put next to Chase Stanley there's not much to like.

To the Canterbury supporters throwing projectiles at Soward while he was attempting to level the scores, the same thing happened against the Sharks this year... something about scum supporters.

Dogs supporters being Dogs. Hurting their own revenue stream because other supporters won't take their families to the Dogs games..

ozbuck

Juniors
calling the forwards weak? they were always going to be up against it to beat the dogs pack with the huge Pritchard, kasiano, graham, eastwood etc and I thought they did a great job given the circumstances.

our creative pair have very little to offer and our coach has not got us making the right attacking plays.

The Dogs have a big pack. But there have only been 2 or 3 games this year where our forwards have stood up and matched the opposition - even maybe dominated. The rest of the games we have been beaten up front.

In saying that, I thought Frizell was strong tonight!

There were a lot of Chicken-Wing tackles tonight, the dogs look to be trained to grab the arms and hold them behind their back.. crazy stuff, the JDB injury almost looked deliberate too, but anyway.. rest of the game went to program, same stuff as usual, slight bounce in motivation and effort, but a waste of energy when we dont play with any structure anyway.

Got 3 easyish games coming up, Knights/Cowboys/Penrith, im sure we will win 1 of em, and then we can hit the price reset button and re have all the same conversations as we have for the last 16 months.

Yep. That's about right.

I just don't buy the individual players losing us games. Nor referees' bad calls. There is a problem across the park. It starts with the intent demostrated by the team in the first 5-10mins. The body language, the lack of speed and intensity during this period says to me the players are not driven.

dragonv

Juniors
The Dogs have a big pack. But there have only been 2 or 3 games this year where our forwards have stood up and matched the opposition - even maybe dominated. The rest of the games we have been beaten up front.

In saying that, I thought Frizell was strong tonight!

de bellin was great

we were missing hunt and merrin so i give the win to the dragons with the handicap.

beecww

Juniors
To be honest it was a dreadful game of footy between two very ordinary sides. The worst aspect of this game is that Price will pick the same side next week. We would have been better off if they had beaten us by 20 so he would have had to make some changes. Or would he?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Disagree big guy. He would'nt catch the ball on the full last week and nearly ever week there's a mistake of some sort. Not a Vidot fan and put next to Chase Stanley there's not much to like.
Talking about early on (that's why I said 'early on'). He was returning the ball as good as any forward.

He went off the boil after that though. Definitely conceded a try when he came infield.

Didn't go to the usual haunt, plus Rexxy is back down your way.

Father Ted

First Grade
Talking about early on (that's why I said 'early on'). He was returning the ball as good as any forward.

He went off the boil after that though. Definitely conceded a try when he came infield.

Early on Got it..:D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. Reading back, it came out the wrong way.

As vice president of the Daniel Vidot fan club, I feel obliged to mention him after every match.

Father Ted

First Grade
lol. Reading back, it came out the wrong way.

As vice president of the Daniel Vidot fan club, I feel obliged to mention him after every match.

I'm vice president of the Nightingale fan club, but am thinking of starting the Battle Hastings fan club .. Won't i look stupid if he signs with Nick or Wayne ..:eek:

kit66

Bench
Our forwards are to soft and weak. There's no grunt at all.

They held their own against a monster pack of Kasiano, Graham, Tolman, Pritchard, Eastwood, Finucane etc and they did it without Hunt and Merrin and were very tight up the middle. They didn't offer a whole lot in attack but that goes back to our p*ss weak halves not providing any direction. I think calling them soft and weak is a bit harsh.

kit66

Bench

He came infield because Soward didn't do his job and move up and tackle his man. No way can you blame Vidot for that, he's not the first one to be wary of Soward's defensive lapses.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No, unfortunately Vidot came in and left his man unmarked. Have another look.

Being the Vice President of the Vidot fan club, it pains me to say so, but the proof is in the replay.

Latest posts