What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Hill update - SMH 6/7/06

Eelementary

Post Whore
Gronk said:
Yeah I thought Mateo looked great tonight. Stood up in defence and was powerfull in attack. A must to re-sign IMHO.

I HOPE the guys are right and we keep him, Hodkinson and Williams! Imagine:

1. Hayne
6. Green
7. Smith
9. Riddell/Marsh
13. Mateo

*drool*

parralight

Juniors
well lets put these kids intothe team and see what they can do !!!!
Mateo might just turn out OK.

Hayne was nowhere 5 weeks ago and we give him a chance and now hes one of the first picked.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, I've always thought that Mateo's attitude problem stems from the fact he played well in his debut and never got another look-in in First Grade...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Feleti told me he was probably going to sign.

forget about Hill, he's heading to England, but there could be a couple of players on our rador not sure who..

After tonight!!!...who cares, bring on the department of youth. :D

Eelementary

Post Whore
I like this policy of youth. And Myles is young lol.

Seriously, though - it's just a cool feeling when you sign someone.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
I like this policy of youth. And Myles is young lol.

Seriously, though - it's just a cool feeling when you sign someone.

Myles won't be coming to the club either mate.

Angry_eel

First Grade
eelavation said:
Myles won't be coming to the club either mate.
are we any chance of getting any half decent forward eela? i mean ye we mightn't have needed them today but we will need one or two eventually.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
eelavation said:
Feleti told me he was probably going to sign.

forget about Hill, he's heading to England, but there could be a couple of players on our rador not sure who..

After tonight!!!...who cares, bring on the department of youth. :D
yeah go alice cooper ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Angry_eel said:
are we any chance of getting any half decent forward eela? i mean ye we mightn't have needed them today but we will need one or two eventually.

I have no idea who they're talking too...and that's the honest truth.

Stagger eel

Staff member
lucablight said:
Isn't that contradictory? Anyway what's your source?

why??

eela: so will we sign anyone up??

official: mate, we're talking to 2 players at the moment and we're pretty confident.

eela: Hill??

official: no, money's too big in England, we can't match it. [see sun Herald]

eela: Myles??

Official: no..but i can't say who it is.

capish ??? ;-)

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
why??

eela: so will we sign anyone up??

official: mate, we're talking to 2 players at the moment and we're pretty confident.

eela: Hill??

official: no, money's too big in England, we can't match it. [see sun Herald]

eela: Myles??

Official: no..but i can't say who it is.

capish ??? ;-)

Fair enough. Make sure you keep sharing that info. ;-)

eloquentEEL

First Grade
In terms of props, along with those that played prop at various stages tonight, ie. Caylo, Moimoi, Cordoba and Hindy, we already have a fair bit of depth in the position for next year as well with: Vella, Cannings, Tsoulos and a couple that played PL tonight.

In terms of the 2 players we're talking to, I'd imagine that one might be Jason Smith.

Hurriflatch

Referee
2007 Halves

6. Jason Smith
7. Jason Taylor (So he can get the record back, might be a little awkward when Parra play Souths tho :lol: )

newmanj

Juniors
I had chats last night to Denis, Ovo, and Michael Hagan. At no stage did any of them speciifically state ANY name of any player we may sign for next year. All talked about the greatly inflated prices being paid for players, and the fact that we will not be spending rediculous money for players. In my opinion, that is a great policy for the future. There is no point paying overs for players just because fans are restless for a signing, ANY signing. This may not please fans in the short term, but i promise in the long term we will be better off. How do you think a bloke like Hindy, for example, would feel if we paid HUGE dollars for a player, when he himself is not paid anything like that. It would destabilise the club. You will see, we will get players, at the right price, before the next season. There are always SUPRISE names that come up. Players that change clubs in the off season that are not even off contract. eg. Lance Thompson. We will be one of the few clubs in the NRL with plenty left to spend. Oh, and by the way, we havent at this time, lost 1 player we have wanted to keep. ALL the good young stars of the future are under lock and key.

Gronk

Staff member
newmanj said:
Oh, and by the way, we havent at this time, lost 1 player we have wanted to keep. ALL the good young stars of the future are under lock and key.

Thats great news for the future. I would expect that Morro is one we would have liked to hold on to however.

Latest posts