What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Hill update - SMH 6/7/06

Hurriflatch

Referee
Sounds a lot like Morro tbh

When he came he said one of the reasons was to be closer to his family who lived on the Central Coast.

Meanwhile, Melbourne playmaker Scott Hill said he was seriously considering heading to the UK following interest from Super League clubs Salford, London Harlequins and Castleford.
Hill, also courted by Parramatta, said his preference would be to stick with Melbourne if he remained in the NRL, but indicated a move overseas did appeal.
"We'll probably end up there at some stage ... if everything works out and I get a good offer to go overseas that could potentially be our next move," he said.
"I've still got a couple of things to sort out with Melbourne and when I do that I'll make my decision."

Newcastle is firming for the signature of former Queensland three-quarter Chris Walker, while North Queensland has dropped out of the running for Canberra's veteran playmaker Jason Smith, leaving the Roosters and another NRL club in the frame.
And the Sharks met with Parramatta centre Brett Delaney and will hold talks with Queensland veteran Josh Hannay over the weekend.
© 2006 AAP

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Manlys-Steve-Menzies-out-for-a-month/2006/07/07/1152240485041.html

-------------------------------------------------------------

From that Article you could say that it doesn't look like Hill will be coming.

James_Hardie

Juniors
I guess you can also take it as he is keeping his cards to his chest and hoping parra can come back with a better offer, by saying he would stay with Melbourne or go to England

newmanj

Juniors
Scott Hill will not be at Parra next year. Straight from Denis' mouth. Going to England.

newmanj

Juniors
Not sure who is coming to Parra next year. To be honest, after tonight, not too worried either. Wins in all 3 grades. Some really positive signs that some of our youngsters are coming along very well. Also believe that John Williams is poised to re-sign, as is Feleti Mateo and Trent Hodgkinson. We will probably pick up 2 or 3 good signings to complement what we have, but the nucleus of next years side is there now. Not disappointed to be losing any of the players that have signed elsewhere. We havent lost anyone we wanted to keep.

Utey

Coach
newmanj said:
Not sure who is coming to Parra next year. To be honest, after tonight, not too worried either. Wins in all 3 grades. Some really positive signs that some of our youngsters are coming along very well. Also believe that John Williams is poised to re-sign, as is Feleti Mateo and Trent Hodgkinson. We will probably pick up 2 or 3 good signings to complement what we have, but the nucleus of next years side is there now. Not disappointed to be losing any of the players that have signed elsewhere. We havent lost anyone we wanted to keep.

Brilliant news and no ;-)

Awesome work mate!!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
newmanj said:

PLEASE!!!!

Mateo, with an attitude change, would look FANTASTIC in our number 13! And Williams would be a brilliant winger alongside Guru!

newmanj

Juniors
Actually, i must give some of the credit for a part of that info to the perpetrator of the smiley face, as he told me some of it. Good work Eelavation.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, thank you newmanj and eelavation! let's hope it's all accurate! Although I wouldn't mind if we DID sign Hill lol.

Good news.... Great night...... thatnks Guys. let's enjoy this one.

Just on Trent Hodgkinson........ he had an absolute Blinder against the Undefeated knights!!!

Gronk

Staff member
Eelementary said:
PLEASE!!!!

Mateo, with an attitude change, would look FANTASTIC in our number 13! And Williams would be a brilliant winger alongside Guru!

Yeah I thought Mateo looked great tonight. Stood up in defence and was powerfull in attack. A must to re-sign IMHO.