What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2023

stryker

First Grade
Brooks made 3 line breaks last year, 12 line break assists and 10 try assists.
He might be running it a bit, but his work is as threatening as wet toilet paper.
He must improve this facet of his game considering the expected platforms he will be working from.

Tigerm

First Grade

WESTS TIGERS

Rua Ngatikaura and Jahream Bula

Ngatikaura is cut from a similar mould to star hooker Brandon Smith, which should excite Tigers fans. The 22-year-old, who can also play lock, is a tenacious defender and damaging ballrunner and was locked in by the club on a two-year Top 30 deal last April. His season took a turn though when he suffered a serious ankle injury. He did however recover in time for the World Cup and made his international debut for Cook Islands. Bula is on a train-and-trial deal at the moment but is doing all the right things at training. The Keebra Park product joined the Tigers last season and impressed at fullback in Jersey Flegg. Coach Tim Sheens told The Sydney Morning Herald that Bula is “the best trainer at the club” and will be a player that “comes out of no where.” The Tigers’ incumbent No.1, Daine Laurie has been impressed with his competition too, telling foxsports.com.au: “He’s been carving up.”

Tigerm

First Grade
Brooks made 3 line breaks last year, 12 line break assists and 10 try assists.
He might be running it a bit, but his work is as threatening as wet toilet paper.
He must improve this facet of his game considering the expected platforms he will be working from.
Agree, his running and defence have never been the problem. It’s his game management of the attack IMO, is nearly nonexistent, and as the 7 in the team, it’s his most important role.

Tigerm

First Grade

The problem is getting him here’: Bateman’s arrival uncertainty as visa issues remain​

Report suggested an ongoing syndesmosis injury was behind the 29-year-old’s delayed return to the NRL after signing a four-year deal with the merger club in December.

Meanwhile, gun playmaker Adam Doueihi is reportedly considering his future after the Tigers offered him a one-year extension.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade

The problem is getting him here’: Bateman’s arrival uncertainty as visa issues remain​

Report suggested an ongoing syndesmosis injury was behind the 29-year-old’s delayed return to the NRL after signing a four-year deal with the merger club in December.

Meanwhile, gun playmaker Adam Doueihi is reportedly considering his future after the Tigers offered him a one-year extension.
Right decision Tigers. A one season extension is basically a code which really means "look elsewhere".

WA Tiger

Bench
Right decision Tigers. A one season extension is basically a code which really means "look elsewhere".
6 months more like it. I think he will flop his disc and fall out of favour. He can’t seem to shut up when he needs to

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
A captain doesn't play a heartless woeful game then have the hide to want and go aggressively confront a fan for calling him out for it!

Das Hassler

Bench
Just a general "make the 8" musing...I won't be so much annoyed with losses ( through the regular season) to Panthers..Chooks or the Storm or even to one or two of the likely '23 cellar dwellers ( though the players SHOULD be) but we have to go all in on the middle 9 or10 sides...of course every win is 2 points but against our likely opposition for those 5 - 8 spots every game against them is a 4 point difference when the counting's done.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I really like this decision. He will be the main player guiding the team around the park and choosing what play when in a try scoring situation.
Enough of refering to what he said about probably winning a grand final at the Tigers after winning one at the Panthers and having a few beers. I've always thought it would have been something I would say in a similiar situation with no intention of putting down the tigers. I guess there are journo's out there like some who post on forums who just want to stir up emotions.

WA Tiger

Bench
I've always thought it would have been something I would say in a similiar situation with no intention of putting down the tigers.
Yes you would. To team mates, but I doubt you would in front of the cameras. As with anything thats frowned upon it’s about who hears..

Ned Kelly

Juniors
No no I’m just admitting when I’m wrong like a good soldier. I picked paps for captain
Nice.
I have plenty of people available to me to tell me when I am wrong. Some use stronger words than that.
Maybe it's old age but I have found it to be somehow freeing to realize I was wrong and admit it.