What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024 over

BLM01

First Grade
You can use stats to support any argument you want.
As the saying goes, there are 3 types of lies, "lies, damned lies and statistics"
And comparing years with different variables, injuries, suspensions, some inside some outside our control is flawed with danger
At worst you say the seasons were comparable and on par overall as both seasons 2022 and 2024 we fell 1 win short of the 8
The one difference @Old Timer neglects is that was Hook's 2nd year in after having a look at the squad for 1 1/2' years.
Who cares if your losses are an average of 40 points diff if they are minimal enough you win the comp
He hates Flanno Yes and will search long and hard to prove his point that we are not improving
I say just keep looking at the scoreboard
Lets see what Flanno''s 2nd year brings and then compare

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Wow that's damning isn't it? Our club has literally assembled a roster that can't tackle.
It certainly shows that our deeefence has been putrid for many a year and then some. But in saying that it also reflects on the poor offence because if we had scored more points than what we did, the for and against differential could have been either positive or closer to it but still not good enough to make finals.

since77

Juniors
It certainly shows that our deeefence has been putrid for many a year and then some. But in saying that it also reflects on the poor offence because if we had scored more points than what we did, the for and against differential could have been either positive or closer to it but still not good enough to make finals.
I said on another thread that if we'd conceded just 1 converted try less per game we'd still be in 8th and playing for something on the weekend despite our woeful defence. But yeah I was gobsmacked by those stats that @Sloan Ranger provided. We've spent 5 or six years assembling a team of individuals who can't defend!!! You can't make this stuff up. The Dragons Way.

Latest posts