What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Tigerm

Coach
To'a had a steady 3-4 weeks leading up to that Cowboys game. The week before, he was very good against Souths despite a losing result. Against the Cowboys, he was basically Mal Meninga. After that game (I think it was the Cronulla game), he basically turned from Superman to Clark Kent.

If you were to compare overall career performances, you'd have to rank Naden in front. Best ever performance, you'd go To'a in that Cowboys game.

I think its a very open spot that trials can well determine.
Yeah, finally some depth and competition for a change.

Tiger Ted

Bench
To'a had a steady 3-4 weeks leading up to that Cowboys game. The week before, he was very good against Souths despite a losing result. Against the Cowboys, he was basically Mal Meninga. After that game (I think it was the Cronulla game), he basically turned from Superman to Clark Kent.

If you were to compare overall career performances, you'd have to rank Naden in front. Best ever performance, you'd go To'a in that Cowboys game.

I think it’s a very open spot that trials can well determine.
Spot on.It would be nice to know that one of the exceptional kids we have in our system is a clone of Rowdy.

Tigerm

Coach
Spot on.It would be nice to know that one of the exceptional kids we have in our system is a clone of Rowdy.
Hopefully another season older, with a new coach and fresh ideas, will just be what some of them need.

As you say, the kids coming up behind them, are looking good atm.

Tigerm

Coach
NBWT twitter:
Olam: “I was really impressed by Benji and his vision for me and the team, and it’s so exciting to be here”

“I’m keen to put in the work and win the trust of the boys and the coaches at training, and hopefully contribute to what the club is building”

Justin Holbrook mentioned Olam missed the end of year Tests due to a knee issue he carried through 2023. Unsure if he had returned to preseason prior to Xmas?

————-
Assume he’s passed a medical?
————-
Great to see Shawn get a 3 year deal from the Storm. Some good security for him given previous injury luck.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
WEST TIGERS

2024 squad:
Adam Doueihi (2024), Aidan Sezer (2024), Alex Twal (2027), Alex Seyfarth (2025), Apisai Koroisau (2026), Asu Kepaoa (2024), Brandon Tumeth (2024, PO 2025), Brent Naden (2025), David Klemmer (2025, MO 2026), David Nofoaluma (2025), Fonua Pole (2025), Isaiah Papali’i (2025), Jahream Bula (2026, MO 2027), Jake Simpkin (2024), Jayden Sullivan (2027), John Bateman (2026), Jordan Miller (2026), Josh Feledy (2025), Junior Tupou (2024), Justin Matamua (2025), Justin Olam (2026), Lachlan Galvin (2026), Latu Fainu (2027), Samuela Fainu (2027), Shawn Blore (2024), Sione Fainu (2024), Starford To’a (2026), Stefano Utoikamanu (2024, MO 2025), Tallyn Da Silva (2026), Charlie Staines (2025)

Development players: Alex Lobb (2025), Chris Fa’agutu (2025), Kit Laulilii (2025), Solomone Saukuru (2025), Tony Sukkar (2025)

2024 gains: Justin Olam (Storm), Latu Fainu (Sea Eagles), Samuela Fainu (Sea Eagles), Jayden Sullivan (Dragons), Aidan Sezer (Leeds Rhinos)

2024 losses: Luke Brooks (Sea Eagles), Tommy Talau (Sea Eagles), Daine Laurie (Panthers), Aitasi James (Sea Eagles), Rua Ngatikaura (unsigned), Tuki Simpkins (unsigned), Brandon Wakeham (unsigned), Triston Reilly (released), Brandon Webster-Mansfield (released)

2025 gains: Jarome Luai (Panthers)

2025 losses: Junior Tupou (Dolphins)

Coach: Benji Marshall (2027)

They have Blore and Olam named in this squad, is Blore to be counted by us?

Tigerm

Coach
NBWT twitter:
Top 30 roster changes since end of 2023 season

10 out, 10 in so far

Talau -> Olam
Brooks -> Sullivan
Laurie -> L. Fainu
Wakeham -> Sezer
Ngatikaura -> Da Silva
Blore -> S. Fainu
Reilly -> Feledy
Simpkins -> Miller
Webster-Mansfield -> Galvin
A. Saukuru -> Alaimalo

Nutz

Bench
We have a few options and some experiments in 2024.
I'm wondering if Nado could be a replacement for Noffa (if he falls out of favour). I've been watching some replays involving Nado and he is deceptively quicker than what he looks.
This could be a spot for him until Solomon Alaimalo or Lobb presses for selection.
I just can't see Nado bumping Olam or To'a.
Asu Kepaoa is not a speedster but tries 100% and he might be best suited to centre.
Asu copped a bagging for his bad hands and D reads but has got better as he got more experience.
He may end up as a utility because he's solid enough.
If or when we are out of finals contention I would be benching Junior Tupou as he's leaving and giving Solomon Alaimalo or Lobb a run.
Pole and Matamua to battle it out for the number 13.
Samuela Fainu could very well be our diamond in the rough...I like the look of this footballer.
Our forwards are ok but look a bit light on in the middle. I hope Miller develops into a great first grader.
Thoughts??

1. Jahream Bula
2. Charlie Staines
3. To'a
4. Justin Olam
5. Junior Tupou
6. Jayden Sullivan
7. Aidan Sezer
8. David Klemmer
9. Api Koroisau (C)
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. John Bateman
12. Isaiah Papali’i
13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Justin Matamua
16. Alex Twal
17. Samuela Fainu
Reserves:
Brent Naden
Asu Kepaoa
Latu Fainu
Alex Seyfarth

Nutz

Bench
NBWT twitter:
Top 30 roster changes since end of 2023 season

10 out, 10 in so far

Talau -> Olam
Brooks -> Sullivan
Laurie -> L. Fainu
Wakeham -> Sezer
Ngatikaura -> Da Silva
Blore -> S. Fainu
Reilly -> Feledy
Simpkins -> Miller
Webster-Mansfield -> Galvin
A. Saukuru -> Alaimalo
Have you got those symbols around the wrong way Tm :)

Nutz

Bench
I'm laying in bed watching lastest episodes of "Would I Lie To You".....bloody hillarious.
I need some footy, when is the LA games?

Nutz

Bench
I wonder if we have another signing or two left in us, for this year?
I think if we are going great guns and are reluctant to change the team then players like Seyfarth might be let go or traded.
He's one of my favourites but he and others like him will be under pressure and scrutiny.
I think Tm, this will be our only way of securing another good player is to trade/release.
The cap, who knows.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We have a few options and some experiments in 2024.
I'm wondering if Nado could be a replacement for Noffa (if he falls out of favour). I've been watching some replays involving Nado and he is deceptively quicker than what he looks.
This could be a spot for him until Solomon Alaimalo or Lobb presses for selection.
I just can't see Nado bumping Olam or To'a.
Asu Kepaoa is not a speedster but tries 100% and he might be best suited to centre.
Asu copped a bagging for his bad hands and D reads but has got better as he got more experience.
He may end up as a utility because he's solid enough.
If or when we are out of finals contention I would be benching Junior Tupou as he's leaving and giving Solomon Alaimalo or Lobb a run.
Pole and Matamua to battle it out for the number 13.
Samuela Fainu could very well be our diamond in the rough...I like the look of this footballer.
Our forwards are ok but look a bit light on in the middle. I hope Miller develops into a great first grader.
Thoughts??

1. Jahream Bula
2. Charlie Staines
3. To'a
4. Justin Olam
5. Junior Tupou
6. Jayden Sullivan
7. Aidan Sezer
8. David Klemmer
9. Api Koroisau (C)
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. John Bateman
12. Isaiah Papali’i
13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Justin Matamua
16. Alex Twal
17. Samuela Fainu
Reserves:
Brent Naden
Asu Kepaoa
Latu Fainu
Alex Seyfarth

I think that will be very close to the mark, caveat is that we dont know what Benji likes or if theres a certain player whos jumped out at him.13 seems the most up for grabs, depends on if Benji wants a ball player (Matamua/Kit L) or a 3rd prop. I also think Kepaoa make s agood bench option as he can cover forwards or backs.

Interesting that apparently at the back end of last week we had a 'probable's v possibles' scrimmage and Galvin was the 6 in the probable's, Sullivan in the possibles.