What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Nutz

Bench

The NRL said that as of next season, if a team kicks the ball out on the full over the touch line, or the ball fails to travel at least 10 metres forward in an attempt to contest a restart from the goal-line, 20m line, or half-way line, play will now restart with a play-the-ball 10 metres out from the line of the kick and 10 metres in from touch, rather than with a penalty kick.
That might help us ha ha.
I'd like to see involuntary tackles be outlawed completely.
Refs don't want to penalize players for some reason. Placing the tip of your finger on the attacker constitutes a tackle these days.

Tigerm

First Grade
That might help us ha ha.
I'd like to see involuntary tackles be outlawed completely.
Refs don't want to penalize players for some reason. Placing the tip of your finger on the attacker constitutes a tackle these days.
From memory, we could’ve used this in a few season defining games in recent times hahaha

Nutz

Bench
Finally got around to watching, another good kid, very level headed, by the looks.

Those BTR podcasts are quite good.
Hosted by a former player. How good is it.
Compared to watching Pascoe's "Ask The Boss" which was a bit of chest pumping stuff as the title also suggests.

Tigerm

First Grade
Finally got around to watching, another good kid, very level headed, by the looks.

Those BTR podcasts are quite good.
It's pretty good, that so many of the young ones, are local lads, with good footy pedigree, who actually want to be here.

Don't want to jinx anything, but the future isn't looking to shabby for a change, is it.

Nutz

Bench
It's pretty good, that so many of the young ones, are local lads, with good footy pedigree, who actually want to be here.

Don't want to jinx anything, but the future isn't looking to shabby for a change, is it.
Exactly. I think the players would pick up on the quality of BTR. Players would check out their teammates and enjoy the pod.
I like the involvement with the girls too.
I hope they do the entire coaching staff, maybe one during trials, one mid year and one at the end of the season.

Tigerm

First Grade
IMG_0661.jpeg
The big question is, can they do it again?
Interesting headline “rebuilt from the bottom up” hahaha
TBH, I’m feeling positive that they will restore some pride, BUT, I feel that way every year, at this time:)

My concern is this our lack of depth in the second row. Blore was made of tissue and spit but he could play there.

If Bateman and/or Papali'i go down, we're f**ked there. We've got Tumeth, Sukkar and what, Seyfarth in a pinch?

Unless we're going to get props to run around on the edges.

EDIT: Forgot Sam Fainu.

Das Hassler

Bench
My concern is this our lack of depth in the second row. Blore was made of tissue and spit but he could play there.

If Bateman and/or Papali'i go down, we're f**ked there. We've got Tumeth, Sukkar and what, Seyfarth in a pinch?

Unless we're going to get props to run around on the edges.

EDIT: Forgot Sam Fainu.

Seyfarth next cab up I'd think...would be interested to see how Starford T might go there if needed

Perth Tiger

Bench
I think that AJ Kepaoa might be one of the first 2nd row back ups. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts the season on the bench as someone that plays a bit of forwards and covers the backs if there is an injury

Tigerm

First Grade
I think that AJ Kepaoa might be one of the first 2nd row back ups. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts the season on the bench as someone that plays a bit of forwards and covers the backs if there is an injury
Agree, a spot in the 17, is his to lose.

Nutz

Bench
Seyfarth next cab up I'd think...would be interested to see how Starford T might go there if needed

As you said Das, Seyfarth surely has to be picked because he finished the season well and now is becoming one of the more experienced players. He's mobile enough to be a sub covering middle and edge.
Samuela Fainu is a player that could possibly be our rough diamond. He's got that Haumole Olakau'atu look about him.
He's listed as a bookend but because his jewels haven't dropped yet it, he is versatile for a good edge as is Justin Matamua. (prefer Matto at lock though)
Depending on who's injured and the the opposition's game plan, Matto and Samuela could find themselves on the paddock at the same time. Hopefully not too soon as they are still developing. This is why Seyfarth must be in there.
Young kit is listed as lock and is quite nippy for a short stocky lad.
It remains to be seen whether he builds an even bigger and stronger frame which might make him an explosive middle similar to Penrith's Moses Leota.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
As you said Das, Seyfarth surely has to be picked because he finished the season well and now is becoming one of the more experienced players. He's mobile enough to be a sub covering middle and edge.
Samuela Fainu is a player that could possibly be our rough diamond. He's got that Haumole Olakau'atu look about him.
He's listed as a bookend but because his jewels haven't dropped yet it, he is versatile for a good edge as is Justin Matamua. (prefer Matto at lock though)
Depending on who's injured and the the opposition's game plan, Matto and Samuela could find themselves on the paddock at the same time. Hopefully not too soon as they are still developing. This is why Seyfarth must be in there.
Young kit is listed as lock and is quite nippy for a short stocky lad.
It remains to be seen whether he builds an even bigger and stronger frame which might make him an explosive middle similar to Penrith's Moses Leota.

Agree, but I am sure they will not rush young blokes into the NRL, while the player will think he is up to it, his body isn't.
Just imagine, he is getting smashed by JWH (Easts), the AFB (Sharks) the next week, and on it goes for the season, every team have there heavy hitters.
It's always been said, that forwards generally don't mature to there mid to late 20's. Which puts Seyfarth in an advanced position than these younger blokes coming through.
I met Zac Lomax on the weekend, the guy is just a tall ball of muscle and he is in the backs, there are no soft players, these days.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Agree, but I am sure they will not rush young blokes into the NRL, while the player will think he is up to it, his body isn't.
Just imagine, he is getting smashed by JWH (Easts), the AFB (Sharks) the next week, and on it goes for the season, every team have there heavy hitters.
It's always been said, that forwards generally don't mature to there mid to late 20's. Which puts Seyfarth in an advanced position than these younger blokes coming through.
I met Zac Lomax on the weekend, the guy is just a tall ball of muscle and he is in the backs, there are no soft players, these days.
Absolutely. Imo Lomax is a gun and not utilized properly. Imagine us signing him with olam...smash city

Latest posts