What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Tiger Ted

Bench
I think that will be very close to the mark, caveat is that we dont know what Benji likes or if theres a certain player whos jumped out at him.13 seems the most up for grabs, depends on if Benji wants a ball player (Matamua/Kit L) or a 3rd prop. I also think Kepaoa make s agood bench option as he can cover forwards or backs.

Interesting that apparently at the back end of last week we had a 'probable's v possibles' scrimmage and Galvin was the 6 in the probable's, Sullivan in the possibles.
This doesn’t surprise me.I don’t rate Sullivan & Galvin is a gun albeit still just a kid who will need to firstly excel in lower grades b4 getting a shot in the big league.

WA Tiger

Bench
This doesn’t surprise me.I don’t rate Sullivan & Galvin is a gun albeit still just a kid who will need to firstly excel in lower grades b4 getting a shot in the big league.
True but some young top class players can look good around top players coz there’s less rubbish going on..This I think will be Benjis trademark, try it now, Instead of let’s go for the safe bet …After all it worked with him..

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
True but some young top class players can look good around top players coz there’s less rubbish going on..This I think will be Benjis trademark, try it now. Instead of let’s go for the safe bet …After all it worked with him..
Yep won’t surprise to see this kid fast tracked into the NRL by the coach who was the precocious talent of his generation

Nutz

Bench
Interesting. Looks fit.
Is he going to make things more jammed in the ⅝ position halfway through the year?

SmartSelect_20240117-064817_Chrome.jpg

Nutz

Bench
Agree mate.
I also thought years ago that he'd make a good fullback but he didn't make an impression when he played at the back.
His height would have been an asset.
He is not the best defender going around and often plays too lateral in attack. To do that effectively you need to have raw speed like Reece Walsh has and AD doesn't.
Now that Noffa has lost speed, if he attempts to play lateral he will be gobbled up by the D more than ever.
Olam on the other hand is the opposite. I'm hoping the PNG juggernaut can bust the D up out wide by playing more direct allowing players like To'a and Staines to take advantage of a staggered D line that Olam has created.

Tigerm

Coach
I’m backing Latu Fainu to have a breakout season & cement his position in the team at 5/8.He has the attributes the coach will be familiar with & who will take great delight in helping reach his full potential.
Yeah, based on what we know, could well happen, I think that would mean Sullivan maybe going back to the drags.
There’s a few to look at.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I don’t think he will be resigned, two major injuries (the same), I think his run with us, is done, I’m afraid.
Yep this is the most likely outcome although I’d like to see him turn his career around when he returns & hence earn himself a short term contract with us.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yeah, based on what we know, could well happen, I think that would mean Sullivan maybe going back to the drags.
There’s a few to look at.
If Sullivan proves to b surplus to our needs I’d like to see us try to swap him for one of saints decent outside backs

Nutz

Bench
Hope he puts egg on my face & proves me wrong
He's probably read what we've said and is shitting himself :)
I'm just hoping anyone one of the plethora of ½ backs that we have grabs the bull by the horns and makes the whole rugby league community stand up and notice him.
Who knows, Lachlan Galvin might really come into play and force the Tigers to extend his contract and he and Luai take us on a similar journey to that of the black leopards.
Meds time....zzzzzz

Tigerm

Coach

The NRL said that as of next season, if a team kicks the ball out on the full over the touch line, or the ball fails to travel at least 10 metres forward in an attempt to contest a restart from the goal-line, 20m line, or half-way line, play will now restart with a play-the-ball 10 metres out from the line of the kick and 10 metres in from touch, rather than with a penalty kick.

Last edited: