What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Nutz

Bench
Geez Alaimolo is a beast, blokes bigger then Stef (is the one between him and Feledy)

Gotta say hes the guy im most looking forward to watching this Sunday.
Same here Vic.
He's the guy my kiwi buddy knows a lot about. He says Solomon is a gun and a complete footballer. Has all the fundamentals, fast, elusive, good finisher, tall for diffusing bombs as he has played fullback and can play in several positions.
He was thrust into super rugby as a young fella and made an impression straight away.
The big test will be whether or not he can handle the speed and non-stop action of the NRL.

Tigerm

First Grade
IMG_0675.jpeg
Back: Matamua, K. Laulilii, Faagutu, Olam, Faataape

Middle: Bula, Staines, Naden, Lobb, Galvin, Saukuru

Front: Bateman, Simpkin, Pole. Sezer, Da Silva

Tigerm

First Grade
IMG_0676.jpeg
someone must read our forum?
NBWT twitter

Back: To’a, Miller, Tupou, Utoikamanu, Alaimalo, Feledy, Kepaoa

Middle: Sukkar, Tumeth, Sa. Fainu, Twal, Doueihi, Klemmer, Seyfarth

Front: Sullivan, Si. Fainu, L. Fainu, Papali’i. Koroisau

Tigerm

First Grade
View attachment 84127
someone must read our forum?
NBWT twitter

Back: To’a, Miller, Tupou, Utoikamanu, Alaimalo, Feledy, Kepaoa

Middle: Sukkar, Tumeth, Sa. Fainu, Twal, Doueihi, Klemmer, Seyfarth

Front: Sullivan, Si. Fainu, L. Fainu, Papali’i. Koroisau
Note, Sullivan has the blonde hair, in this photo hahaha

Nutz

Bench
I've learnt that the way to get the best results in anything we do is to think about possible failures in the future then put in place practices now that wont allow these failures to happen.
So if you look at what happened last year one of our biggest problems was
throwing the towel in and conceding huge points eg 70+,
Secondly not winning the close games....there were several games like this.
Lastly, not converting our time in the red zone with points.
Clocking off can be addressed in preseason training. It's a club culture thing. The new coaching staff sounds like they have instilled new stds.
It's all about not forgetting your role in the team. Having punishments as a gentle reminder that what you did was not good enough. The blonde hair is an example.
Red zone drills usually start off slow but accelerates to doing everything at pace to cut down decision making time.
I'm hoping we can fix up potential future problems now...cut out the cancer.
If we don't it will be another miserable season.

Nutz

Bench
If you look at the clip and go to the 5:48 mark you will see Charlie Staines waiting for an opportunity to support.
When he sees Brooks making a break he instantly sprints to catch up and scores off a Brooks' pass.
Note that one of the fastest men in League JAC is in a similar position as the Forbes' Ferrari but gives up when he knows he's burnt.
This is one of the reasons why I think it will be a mistake to bring someone back from several knee recos to play in the centres and force To'o out to the wing to replace Charlie. Slows the whole backline down.
We need speed to capitalise [spelling] on any breaks made by direct running of Olam and To'a.
I also think that Charlie can slot into fullback during a game if Bula goes down.

Nutz

Bench
Following the Tigers is a real rollercoaster affair.
I was confident last week that our team has turned the corner but I fear they haven't.
Until they win some games and change the on field culture of the joint I fear the worst. Maybe I'm just preparing myself for another letdown.

Nutz

Bench
I enjoyed the indigenous v Maori games last night.
I loved the passion from the women.
The big tall Aussie Jaime Chapman is an elite female athlete and her women teammates played and spoke with passion.
In fact the whole night was a wonderful cultural experience performed by both the men and women...well done.

Fordy20

Juniors
Following the Tigers is a real rollercoaster affair.
I was confident last week that our team has turned the corner but I fear they haven't.
Until they win some games and change the on field culture of the joint I fear the worst. Maybe I'm just preparing myself for another letdown.

The depth we have in the halves seems a lot better than last year, but I have the opposite concern. That we'll get some measure of on-field success and then the crusade to fix the governance problems will be abandoned and left to fester.

Nutz

Bench
Whilst having a rd1 bye effectively gives us one more week to get our act together it can also go against us as Canberra will have more match fitness than us and the game will be played in Canberra.
Today in the first trial it was evident that we were gassed even with more drink breaks and unlimited subs.
The answer to that is to train harder and Benji surely will address this by hopefully playing some key players for longer minutes in trial 2.