What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2024

Tigerm

First Grade
I haven’t checked if stats are true, but it rings true.
The team is their own problem.
Benji has seen it and hopefully will do something about it?
Not sure what, with our depth?

Tigerm

First Grade
Our season is on life support, but results will not save us, only the players can.
We are equal with the Titans on 6 pts.
The Bunnies are last on 4 pts.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
We are the worst team in the comp and it''s a disaster. We have on paper a good pack and we have some decent players in our spine and even the outside backs. We shouldn't be this bad. We aren't a top 8 team but we should be able to compete to make the top 8.

The lack of discipline and ability to play like professional footy players is terrible. We basically have no attack as well.

There are positives but we need to start putting in solid performances across the park and certain players really need to step up.

There's not enough talent for a 17 team competition. It's as simple as that. There's not even enough for 16. Things are only going to get worse as more teams are added.

Looking at the US they have a population around 325 million. We have about 27 million.

They have 1 winter football sport and have no competition from other similar comps in the northern hemisphere poaching their players. They have 32 teams in the NFL.

We on the other hand are split for numbers down the middle with AFL. On top of that we lose a percentage of our potential players to union and soccer. On top of that again, we have competition from rugby in the UK, France, and Japan, and to a smaller extent the ESL.

With 30 players in the top flight of each club, and the population figures mentioned above, I just can't see how the NRL think that 20 teams is possible from a competitive standpoint. My guess is they don't care and are only doing this so that they'll be able get more money in upcoming TV deals as there'll more games. And who can forget the ever present and almighty gambling dollar.

The NRL is fast becoming like the English Premier League, where only 3 or 4 have a chance at winning, with a one off outsider getting a win once every 10 to 15 years. The rest of the league hasn't a hope.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Our full strength 1-17 is decent enough and can compete with most teams. Issue is we have the worst 20-30 roster spots in the comp. Sheens and Ronald filled it with 18/19 year olds who are 2-3 years away from consistent first grade or total nsw cup players. Next week we're going to have 8 whos guys who would likely be in the main 17 out, a team like ours cant win games with that.

Tigerm

First Grade
Are there any eels or rabbits players worth having a chat to, now would be a good time, while they are in chaos.
You could include the roosters as well, they did such a WT’s thing, basically telling players to go, before they had the bloke signed.

Tigerm

First Grade
Our worst nightmare, the rabbits won, 42-26, the only good thing it was the Eels who lost.

We are now equal last but 75 ahead on differential.

Tigerm

First Grade

Because of prior offences it means Klemmer will miss Wests Tigers' next three matches (Dragons, Titans, and Raiders).
————————
Are some blokes throwing the towel in?
Just a shit show.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Because of prior offences it means Klemmer will miss Wests Tigers' next three matches (Dragons, Titans, and Raiders).
————————
Are some blokes throwing the towel in?
Just a shit show.
We r better off without the has-been

simmo1

First Grade
Looking at our draw for the rest of the year and is very soft. We only have 3 games against the current top 5, and two of them (Storm, Sharks) are during Origin.

Our next 8 weeks - Bulldogs, Knights, Dolphins, Cowboys, Bye, Dragons, Titans, Raiders. Any half decent team would be hoping for at least 10-12 points.

I fully expect disappointment, but there is no excuse to not finish this season with close to 10 wins and at least enter 2025 with some momentum.

0-5 and counting.

Tigerm

First Grade
I thought exactly the same a mth ago when I looked at our draw for rest of season however watching this pathetic rabble recently we won’t even b emulating the previous 2 horrendous seasons
I fear you are right, but hope you’re wrong.

Tigers Tale 2.0

Juniors
The fact of the matter is, excluding Api, can someone tell me one player and I mean one player in our team that may make the starting 13 at any of the other clubs because I can't. We are a team of kids that have been thrown to the lion too early or players that are just not up to NRL leavel.

Same with the coach really. Bellamy might get these current players up to 10 or 11th but Benji won't. People bang on about Bennett, he is the greatest mercenary in the history of league, he wouldn't come here with our roster and management. You'll only see him at teams close to their premiership window.

We are where we are because we are a team of really poor players that are poorly coached.

I have so much sympathy for Api....

Tigerm

First Grade
The fact of the matter is, excluding Api, can someone tell me one player and I mean one player in our team that may make the starting 13 at any of the other clubs because I can't. We are a team of kids that have been thrown to the lion too early or players that are just not up to NRL leavel.

Same with the coach really. Bellamy might get these current players up to 10 or 11th but Benji won't. People bang on about Bennett, he is the greatest mercenary in the history of league, he wouldn't come here with our roster and management. You'll only see him at teams close to their premiership window.

We are where we are because we are a team of really poor players that are poorly coached.

I have so much sympathy for Api....
Welcome, good post.