What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Test, Australia V. England at Edgebaston

innsaneink

Referee
Well done to the Aussies, to fall 2 runs short when all seem lost and impossible, a gutsy gutsy effort, something the poms are a LONG way from achieving.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Dammit! :evil:

Top effort from Warne, Lee and Kasper. Always a lottery in this situation and we just missed out.

1-1 in the series. Crucial win for England and congratulations to them. They very nearly fudged it though.

The bowlers are our heroes with bat and ball. Blame our batsmen or congratulate the heroics of Flintoff, Pieterson and Harmison.

Jordan

Juniors
I'm so gutted right now.. I would've rather us to lose by 100..so close..

Hopefully this will just make Australia more determined and come out firing in the third test..

Tommy Smith

Referee
Whoah..that was just about the most relief ive ever experienced.

Wow! I jumped, danced and screamed for a good few minutes.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It was a good effort from Lee, Kasper and Warne, they got applauds from the crowd and why not.

1-1 in the series, should be interesting.

That finish actually reminded me off 1993 in Adelaide Vs Windies, when we only lost by one run. Australia were struggling, then May and McDermott got a partnership that almost got us home. You can also see Border throwing the ball in the dressing room in disgust.

Big Mick

Referee
I'm not one for Cricket usually.

But I watched this whole test match.

I nearly cried when Kasper got out. I would have wanted to lose by a lot more than 2 runs if we were gonna lose.

Warne, Lee and Kasper should hold their heads high.

Ponting, Gilchrist, Martyn and Katich need to take a loooooooooong look at themselves after their second innings.

Red Bear

Referee
Best test match i can remember.
Mcgrath woulda made alot of difference, no doubt about that.
I'm confident Australia can still win this series, Martyn looked in awesome touch till he ran himself out, Langer is batting excellently, katich not in this test and Clarke is finding form. Just a matter of time till one of them kicks on to a big score IMO. Good effort by England, no doubt, but us losing Mcgrath is like them having Flintoff trip on a ball.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Bowden must never umpire again. Fancy calling a dead ball along with his other mind boggling decisions.

The headcase belongs in an asylum.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
england has got 20 calls this series and weve got 0
and none of our batters are in form, face it our whole top 6 is in turmoil, accept maybe langer

anjado

Juniors
umm Pietersen got a terrible decision in the second innings
and i think kaspreowicz should of been out lbw before he got going

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
anjado said:
peterson was out first ball anyway
so the 20 runs he got you can add on
kasprowitz i will give u though
the rest no
in all reality the decisions i feel are about 8-9 to 1

lockyno1

Post Whore
Honestly we should not have even got that close. Credit must be given to England. Dead set Katich has 1 more chance, he looked terrible, not just today but in the first test too. We need Hussey or Hodge at 6! Gillespie needs to go. Bring MacGill in.

We need to use our brains a bit more. Some of the shots we are getting out to are ridiculous and there has been 2 RUN OUTS. In test cricket there is no excuse for getting run out! I have confidence we will bounce back on Thursday!

lockyno1

Post Whore
anjado said:

Mate there was more than Pieterson. Langere got given in the 1st innings with a 50/50 call, Gillespie was not out in the first innings. That was terrible umpiring. Pieterson nicked on first ball. Jones was plumb lbw 25 runs before Flintoff got out. Now I can accept Langer's one, becuase you get some, you don't get others. However what I can't accept is the others because they were blatently obvious!

That said this would have to be the best game of test cricket for years! It shows you the difference betwee Australia, England, and the next best!

lyon is a saint

Juniors
[aussie mode] we'll stuff these smelly poms 5 - 0, were the worlds best, infact were unbeatable. They only have fat boy Flintoff in their team and he's never performed against the best, dont worry my aussie friend we'll win this 5 - 0 for a cert[aussie mode].

LMAO... Your not singing anymore!

lockyno1

Post Whore
lyon is a saint said:
[aussie mode] we'll stuff these smelly poms 5 - 0, were the worlds best, infact were unbeatable. They only have fat boy Flintoff in their team and he's never performed against the best, dont worry my aussie friend we'll win this 5 - 0 for a cert[aussie mode].

LMAO... Your not singing anymore!

We will still win 4-1!

Latest posts