What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shackleton gone for season.

Parra Steve

Juniors
Thats a bit of a suprise as DA talked him up as a young player to watch out for next year at the end of last year.

yep gone..parra.letic posted it and I made my own enquiries and seems true.

gone to Melbourne.

It must of been serious to warrant such a move like that. The kid was my hope of fear coming back into the Parra pack. And it's not like Melbourne can't find front rowers damn it!! Spewing.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Oake has played 16 first grade games himself, so he's not much behind Hauraki. There's nothing wrong with giving a rookie like Lasalo or Horo a shot at this stage either.

We went through worse last year when we lost Mateo and Keating ... and look where we finished up!

It's a bloody tragedy for Shackleton (I had big hopes for him and even pick him up in a fantasy football draft). I wish him all the best.

They wanted him released and got their wish.

He wont be back Jake

Weller is now a father and is looking forward to his wife and new born coming to the UK in the coming months

Well all th best to him and his family but I believe DA should have given him this year to try to prove himself once and for all.

Nikki

Coach
Lasalo is coming along nicely. He even scored a try yesterday, which I forgot to mention in the Wenty thread.

sooperdooper

First Grade
mitch j did have some discipline issues.... we wont go into to much detail but i am happy the club has released him due to that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well all th best to him and his family but I believe DA should have given him this year to try to prove himself once and for all.

I'm with you on that one but unfortunately the club in their infinite wisdom thought otherwise, there's a few here that never had any problems with it either.

Lasalo is coming along nicely. He even scored a try yesterday, which I forgot to mention in the Wenty thread.

he got a big wrap from the coaching staff over that performance too...we desperately need him, Horo and Oake to really turn it on for us.

yosemite

Juniors
This absolutely blows 100% and I am totally devastated ! Just wish the Shack a successful healing process & speedy recovery.

Depth in the forwards has been something I have been worried about all off-season and it has already come to fruition in Round 1. I always thought it imprudent of management to let go of Latimore, Joey G, Kingston,Lowrie, Hauraki,Wright ( a whole forward pack!!!) ...should have kept at least 1 or 2 to cover in the event of injury, suspension or origin.
Now this has happened. At least we still have Brendan Oakeon our books--woohoo!

Hopefully we can be granted some cap relief for Shack and recruit a backrower for this major contingency.

Otherwise, Joel Reddy. Step-up to the forwards please!

JT_

Juniors
Get well Shack. I admired him alot for us and wish him well for the Eels but this really blows.. I remember he tore his pectoral and missed most of 2008. He must be gutted at this one.

parrachilean31

Juniors
I can't believe our luck as soon as the clubs buys a player he gets injured .but iguess that parra we get the luck of having archer and now shack gone for season and just herd Mitchell Johnson also gone this must be groundhog day anything else football gods ???? Hope we have better luck on the weekend no injuries a win and a ref who can ref

bradeel

Juniors
I don't want to rain on the spirits of those wishing Shack all the best, because i agree with that sentiment entirely. For a player looking to make an impression on the game for his new club, this must truly be a devastating blow and i wish him all the very best in his recovery. I look forward to seeing him return in 2011 for another crack.

BUT, there is way too much doom and gloom going around about what this means for our chances and the lack of support for those youngsters who will benefit from the opportunity as a result. This is what happens in footy. A contact sport, unfortunate injuries result, young guys step up to take the place of those we expected to have been there. Our season was never going to be about going through an entire season using only 17 players and whilst i am certainly sad for Shack, I'm excited about Oake or Pele or Lasalo or Horo stepping up in his place. Shackleton is a good honest worker who would have made 25 tackles and 10 hit ups a game, but he was not going to be pivotal to us winning the comp either. Surely one of the young options can step up and cover that off.

Again all the very best to Shane Shackleton. I don't mean to dismiss his impact at all, but I am looking forward to seeing who gets named in the No. 17 jumper tomorrow and am excited to see that kid take the next step.

Latest posts