What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks 2024 season

carinashark

First Grade
After a weekend of NRL and looking at teams and what their rosters look like for 2024 I’m worried that we may become a bottom 4 club. I know what we have for next season and there is little we can do about it,but it’s the strengths of the competition that has me worried. I think the NRL will be a tough gig for all teams. Of course Injuries are unforeseen. Look at us against the Panthers. Probably our best defensive effort all season but too tired for attack. Think if Manly lost DCE for the season. Look what has happened to Melbourne without Papenhausen , think if they lost Munster as well?
The cellar. In no order.
Tigers
Sharks
Dragons
Roosters

shaggs

Coach
Bro, this is the weakest comp since 2016.
Everyone except the panthers are making up the numbers.

They are cruising and still dominating teams. Kinda like a cat with a mouse. Just keeping them alive until they are bored.

Their current month has been at 70%.
Brisbane, Melbourne might push them if those teams play at 100%.
They’ll wi it this year and next.

Stake Removed

First Grade
We will struggle next season, we have been worked out in how we play.
The back 5 making yards has stopped.
I have noticed now with Talakai the defence rushing at him.
The starting middles offering nothing.
Game Management is no where to be seen.
We need as couple of middles who make yardage I think Hazelton can be a starter if he was under the learning tree of JWH he would benefit so much.
We need a game manager the only one available is could be Ben Hunt..
In 2016 when had multiple players who could game manager
Ennis
Lewis
Gallen
Maloney

That's just to start, compare to now, Brailey needs to stand up direct plays start yelling at the forwards

cb4

First Grade
Bro, this is the weakest comp since 2016.
Everyone except the panthers are making up the numbers.

They are cruising and still dominating teams. Kinda like a cat with a mouse. Just keeping them alive until they are bored.

Their current month has been at 70%.
Brisbane, Melbourne might push them if those teams play at 100%.
They’ll wi it this year and next.
This Penrith team is insane, and will only get better when the next step off the production line step up. It could be a real decade of dominance.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I noticed in there NSW cup, Kurt Falls is in the bench.
He was in the Panthers team last year when Cleary got called up, there production line is amazing.
They lose a big name someone steps up, or they buy a fringe first grader

Chimp

Bench
I noticed in there NSW cup, Kurt Falls is in the bench.
He was in the Panthers team last year when Cleary got called up, there production line is amazing.
They lose a big name someone steps up, or they buy a fringe first grader
The main thing with the Panthers is how fit and fast they are, all of them, but particularly their pack- their defensive line speed is ridiculous, it completely smothers teams, which then leaves their opposition forward pack completely gassed and ineffective.
That’s what gives Cleary, Luai and then their outside backs so much space - but they’re also fitter and faster than their counterparts.
Broncos are following a similar path, a pack full of super athletes, and they’re reaping the rewards this year.

Craigshark

First Grade
The main thing with the Panthers is how fit and fast they are, all of them, but particularly their pack- their defensive line speed is ridiculous, it completely smothers teams, which then leaves their opposition forward pack completely gassed and ineffective.
That’s what gives Cleary, Luai and then their outside backs so much space - but they’re also fitter and faster than their counterparts.
Broncos are following a similar path, a pack full of super athletes, and they’re reaping the rewards this year.

totally agree, especially about the broncos.

carinashark

First Grade
We will struggle next season, we have been worked out in how we play.
The back 5 making yards has stopped.
I have noticed now with Talakai the defence rushing at him.
The starting middles offering nothing.
Game Management is no where to be seen.
We need as couple of middles who make yardage I think Hazelton can be a starter if he was under the learning tree of JWH he would benefit so much.
We need a game manager the only one available is could be Ben Hunt..
In 2016 when had multiple players who could game manager
Ennis
Lewis
Gallen
Maloney

That's just to start, compare to now, Brailey needs to stand up direct plays start yelling at the forwards
Hunt is what we need for sure but it would cost. BB I think has gone as far as he can , not capable of management. I think we have not paid enough attention to our junior system. Morris brought a whole bunch through . We need to do that again.

Latest posts