What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks can be back in the hunt!

Frailty

First Grade
Who says the Bears are trying to kill the Sharks? The Sharks have for a long time tried to shoot themselves in the foot, bad board room decisions amongst other things. Last year the Sharks tried to "take" 5 games a season to the CC for quick cash solutions just when the Bears movement started to pick up. Mightybears just posted an opinion. Why people automatically think the CCBears are trying to kill the sharks when it's obvious ALL our energy and time is going into the bid. I don't see Flo, Daisy or any other the dedicated bid team holding signs outside shark park. Lol. It's a non issue. Everyone and their dog has an opinion on the sharks. Mightybears, myself, a Canberra supporter or a broncos supporter are no different.

And what happened? The NRL knocked it back, and they would continue to do the same.

So Cronulla -> Central Coast = ZERO threat to the Bears.

Therefore, the Bears have no reason to jump onto Cronulla.

The difference between Canberra and Broncos supporters when put against the Bears Supporters - Canberra and Broncos supporters don't gain anything out of the death of the Sharks.. They are just pricks.

The Bears do gain a lot out of it, and that is why they pop up at any negative story about the Sharks.

I was a big supporter of the Central Coast bid, but if this is their attitude before getting into the competition - I don't want to see their attitude whilst in the competition.

Couldn't give a toss about the Central Coast Bears bid.

Just like I couldn't give a toss about the Titans coming in.

All this has done and will do is dilute the talent base that is available for existing Clubs.

And what happened? The NRL knocked it back, and they would continue to do the same.

So Cronulla -> Central Coast = ZERO threat to the Bears.

Therefore, the Bears have no reason to jump onto Cronulla.

The difference between Canberra and Broncos supporters when put against the Bears Supporters - Canberra and Broncos supporters don't gain anything out of the death of the Sharks.. They are just pricks.

The Bears do gain a lot out of it, and that is why they pop up at any negative story about the Sharks.

I was a big supporter of the Central Coast bid, but if this is their attitude before getting into the competition - I don't want to see their attitude whilst in the competition.

Broncos and Raiders lead to the death of the BRL and valleys/brothers.

One persons opinions doesn't represent the masses. If u think it does your a numbnuts.

The sharks are responsible for their own perils.

The bears are too busy with our bid and community work to worry about the sharks or anyone else.

We never whores ourselves to manly. When we come back it means a sellout so more $$ for both teams.

Again my opinion or mighty bears doesn't constitute the majority.

Contact the bid team and find out the real attitudes instead of guessing.

Grow up.

Broncos and Raiders lead to the death of the BRL and valleys/brothers.

One persons opinions doesn't represent the masses. If u think it does your a numbnuts.

The sharks are responsible for their own perils.

The bears are too busy with our bid and community work to worry about the sharks or anyone else.

We never whores ourselves to manly. When we come back it means a sellout so more $$ for both teams.

Again my opinion or mighty bears doesn't constitute the majority.

Contact the bid team and find out the real attitudes instead of guessing.

Grow up.

you dont have to contact the bid team to find out the real attitudes, just go to google and type in "greg florimo if the sharks fold we are ready to go" and click on the first entry, here is the link to the site

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/...arks-go-bellyup/2009/05/09/1241727659836.html

i am glad other people are seeing through this trash club

you dont have to contact the bid team to find out the real attitudes, just go to google and type in "greg florimo if the sharks fold we are ready to go" and click on the first entry, here is the link to the site

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/...arks-go-bellyup/2009/05/09/1241727659836.html

i am glad other people are seeing through this trash club

Yeah the article says if the Sharks fold... due to their own faults then the bears would be ready to fill the void. Just like Perth would or Ipswich or Central Qld. All of us are bidding for a license. The fact that if a current NRL team suddenly went broke we'd need a team to honor the 16 team/8 games p/week contract. That's what the article is about. You blokes

_MayMoo 2

Juniors
Yeah the article says if the Sharks fold... due to their own faults then the bears would be ready to fill the void. Just like Perth would or Ipswich or Central Qld. All of us are bidding for a license. The fact that if a current NRL team suddenly went broke we'd need a team to honor the 16 team/8 games p/week contract. That's what the article is about. You blokes

The Jizzbomb wheeled this out a while ago.
A very poor attempt to have a crack at the Bears.

Florimo was contacted by the NRL, and the media, yes it was a story - But not one generated by the Bears. Any bid would have answered the same.

If you are being objective you would acknowledge that the Bears have been quoted many times stating that they want to come into an expanded competition, not at anothers expense.

The Sharks will be fine, as I think all teams will be - especially as Gallop keeps stating that is the priority and with the IC and increased grants etc.

Anyone who says it should not be called the Bears, basically does not want a team on the Coast, nor wish it to be successful. Peter Peters anyone.

The Jizzbomb wheeled this out a while ago.
A very poor attempt to have a crack at the Bears.

Florimo was contacted by the NRL, and the media, yes it was a story - But not one generated by the Bears. Any bid would have answered the same.

If you are being objective you would acknowledge that the Bears have been quoted many times stating that they want to come into an expanded competition, not at anothers expense.

The Sharks will be fine, as I think all teams will be - especially as Gallop keeps stating that is the priority and with the IC and increased grants etc.

Anyone who says it should not be called the Bears, basically does not want a team on the Coast, nor wish it to be successful. Peter Peters anyone.

Fair Comments.......but if florimo and his mob, are not vultures, why mention that if a team falls over we would be ready to go.....as far as i know i have not heard any other bid team say this......if i am proven wrong then so be it and i will gladly chow down on humble pie

here is the part of the article that i am reffering to......and notice that i have included the part where he says they would like to be part of an extended comp......wich is good, but why mention a team falling over......i think he showed his true colours

"The Central Coast Bears are still working towards being ready to enter the NRL in the 2013 season," said Bears chief executive Greg Florimo. "However, should an opportunity arise to take up a licence on the Central Coast due to unforseen circumstances - such as another team being unable to continue in the league - we'll be able to step up to the plate by 2011.
"We believe that expansion of the game is critical and we don't want to see teams fall over. Ideally we'd like to see the game grow to 18 teams by 2013, but we can be ready to go as soon as necessary."

Fair Comments.......but if florimo and his mob, are not vultures, why mention that if a team falls over we would be ready to go.....as far as i know i have not heard any other bid team say this......if i am proven wrong then so be it and i will gladly chow down on humble pie

here is the part of the article that i am reffering to......and notice that i have included the part where he says they would like to be part of an extended comp......wich is good, but why mention a team falling over......i think he showed his true colours

"The Central Coast Bears are still working towards being ready to enter the NRL in the 2013 season," said Bears chief executive Greg Florimo. "However, should an opportunity arise to take up a licence on the Central Coast due to unforseen circumstances - such as another team being unable to continue in the league - we'll be able to step up to the plate by 2011.
"We believe that expansion of the game is critical and we don't want to see teams fall over. Ideally we'd like to see the game grow to 18 teams by 2013, but we can be ready to go as soon as necessary."

The part says if unforseen circumstances happen. He only mentioned it because it was brought up by the interviewer. He even says he doesn't want to see teams fall over. You posted that trying to prove a point but all it does is prove youre wrong. Read it properly again. If other bids were asked the same
question then I guarantee you the answers would be very similar. The reason they haven't said anything is because a) the interviewer hasn't asked and b) central coast bears got asked due to the bid being so strong and leading the pack.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
Then fact remains there is no need for a 10th team in the Sydney region. If the sharks fall over a franchise becomes available.

Then fact remains there is no need for a 10th team in the Sydney region. If the sharks fall over a franchise becomes available.

CC is as much Sydney as Ipswich, Toowoomba and Beaudesert are Brisbane. In short it's not but I see geography isn't your strength.

Ausguy

Coach
Tell me wat players would they have to be competitive in the 2011 comp? I wouldn't rush into the comp if I was florimo.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Tell me wat players would they have to be competitive in the 2011 comp? I wouldn't rush into the comp if I was florimo.

If they came in for 2011 because the Sharks collapsed, I'd assume they'd have access to the Sharks players.

How far is Pearl Beach from Palm Beach?

Who cares besides you? It's a completely different area, territory, shire, town whatever to Sydney. Calamvale in Brisbane sits on the border of Logan buts it's still Brisbane. Gosford may sit close to Sydney in your opinion but fact remains it's still the Central Coast... A different area, a different population and supporter hub.

The fact remains the Bears are not involved in the NRL.

I hope it stays that way.

We don't need another smarty pants look at us sort of team like the Gold Coast have been.