What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
pretty honourable move from Paea

Gallen again making enemies, nothing would surprise me from this bloke

grouch

First Grade
and paea is not a cat?....ffs he stood on gallens hand, was it last year or the year before when gallen supposedly done the same thing, you guys wanted him gutted, cut up and buried.........if the accusation against gallen is true, and he is suspended paea should also go

try taking your gallen hate glasses off and engage some intelligence
if what gallen said was a racial slur and paea was so upset about itwhy did he not take it further.......and dont give me this crap about he did it for the good of the game

imo he opened his mouth to take the heat off him for the hand stomp
Spoken like a true hillbilly

grouch

First Grade
Enjoy talking it up guys. We all know that if Gallen was a free agent tomorrow, you would all be secretly hoping that your team would pick him up.
That's the only rationalisation Scum fans can ever come up with. And it's still as lame as ever.

Ribs

Bench
Mickey Paea is gaining plenty of respect, his form has been awesome and his handling of this situation was all class.

I do wish Gallen had have said that to Mundine though.

What sh*t.

Gallen ran at straight away and the next time he had the ball. Paea heart did SFA.

If Gallen really did say those things why were the two shaking hands and being so friendly 10 minutes later? I've seen many people use the black c line and pay for it hours, days even weeks later.

very good point

he's a christian..he would've been upset with himself after the game already for getting angry, theres no point taking things any further, nothing good would've come out with it..
you leave your crap on the field, simple.

so it is christian to stomp on another players hand?

Spoken like a true hillbilly

thanks mate......but i cant play western swing, or as it was more commonly know hillbillyjazz like all the country and blues dudes in the 30s, 40s and 50s even though i wish i could

sarcasm intended just in case you missed it with your, "gallen is the anti christ and hand stomping is a christian act" galsses on

skeepe

Immortal
hillbillyjazzer wake up to yourself. You look like a fool here.

Looks to me like you're saying that racial vilification is acceptable if the guy accidentally does something to you first. Is that really the stance you're trying to portray? You might want to think long and hard before you answer that one.

As for the incident, it's clear that Paea wanted to go on with it. Jason Robinson asked what his complaint was, and he clearly said what Gallen said to him. Jason Robinson then said "What's the nature of your complaint?" and, given that it was clear Robinson was going to keep asking until Paea backed down, he gave up.

Big Mick

Referee
Enjoy talking it up guys. We all know that if Gallen was a free agent tomorrow, you would all be secretly hoping that your team would pick him up.

I wouldn't.

Wouldn't want that grubby bastard anywhere near my club.

He's bloody over-rated anyway.

lol @ all the Sharks trying to rationalise yet another scandal. Why did they shake hands after the game? Because Paea is a man of integrity and wanted to show he is more mature than Gallen will ever be.

If the Dragons showed any interest in the douchebag when the Sharks fold at the end of the season, I will hand my membership in at club headquarters.

gregstar

Referee
there is no way i'd want that cat.

he tries hard, but is a liability.

too many brain explosions. as a queenslander, i delight in his forthcoming selection for the blues.

hillbillyjazzer wake up to yourself. You look like a fool here.

Looks to me like you're saying that racial vilification is acceptable if the guy accidentally does something to you first. Is that really the stance you're trying to portray? You might want to think long and hard before you answer that one.

As for the incident, it's clear that Paea wanted to go on with it. Jason Robinson asked what his complaint was, and he clearly said what Gallen said to him. Jason Robinson then said "What's the nature of your complaint?" and, given that it was clear Robinson was going to keep asking until Paea backed down, he gave up.

no, i am trying to get the point across.....that everybody here goes off half cocked and says that a player is racist and that paea is a good christian boy (who stomped on another players hand) should be believed when there is no hard evidence......can you honestly say that gallen said what he has been accused of

as another poster said......if he was racially slurred why did he go to shake gallens hand after the match instead of walking away from him

are you one hundred per cent sure that paea was not covering his arse

Shorty

Staff member
God, that's really irresponsible.
I'm not sure there's a more moronic player in the NRL than Paul Gallen.

Sharks fans defending Gallen (disgustingly), if he didn't do it - Why the reaction of Ricky Stuart with the description of his actions as 'stupid'?

There's no excuse for racism, and like others have said it should have been reported.
Paea is an honorable man.

[Edit] Just saw the footage, Paea clearly is said something extremely offensive.
And then there's words spoken after the game as well.

Hillbilly, are you just in denial or plain dense?
Watch the footage.

Last edited:
lol @ all the Sharks trying to rationalise yet another scandal. Why did they shake hands after the game? Because Paea is a man of integrity and wanted to show he is more mature than Gallen will ever be.

a man of integrity and more mature than gallen.............well he stomped on gallens hand with loads of integrity and maturity

no, i am trying to get the point across.....that everybody here goes off half cocked and says that a player is racist and that paea is a good christian boy (who stomped on another players hand) should be believed when there is no hard evidence......can you honestly say that gallen said what he has been accused of

as another poster said......if he was racially slurred why did he go to shake gallens hand after the match instead of walking away from him

are you one hundred per cent sure that paea was not covering his arse

Did you even watch the f**king game? Paea stood on Gallen's hand but it was clearly accidental. Paea was looking straight forward and Gallen put his hand on the ground to play the ball. That is never an excuse to call someone a Black merkin.

Fitz

Juniors
Channel 9's response was typical on The Footy Show..

from Ben Ikin: I am not even going to say whats happening there cause it stays on the field...Its not his go..

Sleep

Juniors
It was funny just watching the replay and seeing Gallen backing away like a cat. f**k me he's soft. He's got nothing.

And for the record I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club. Our backrowers are far better.