What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

badav

Bench
I gave maximum credit to Petero for making an issue out of the racism he faced at the hands of fans of my own club. In comparison to Petero's determination against racism, I find Paea's backtrack spinless by comparison.

Thats a pretty ridiculous statement to make.

The guy didnt want to go on with a compliant because he was happy for it to stay on the field and didnt want any further bad headlines for rugby league. I think those are perfectly fine reasons not to want to proceed with things, and at the end of the day its his call to make.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I wouldn't.

Wouldn't want that grubby bastard anywhere near my club.

He's bloody over-rated anyway.

Nor would i, we've got enough back rowers at our club, and i wouldnt trade Alan Tongue for any forward in the game. Least of all a grub like Gallen

ngap

Juniors
Thats a pretty ridiculous statement to make.

The guy didnt want to go on with a compliant because he was happy for it to stay on the field and didnt want any further bad headlines for rugby league. I think those are perfectly fine reasons not to want to proceed with things, and at the end of the day its his call to make.

That is the reason we have all these headlines at the moment. There have been all these bad stories that people have been willing to ignore or keep quiet. If we are to get over the headlines coming again, we need to start zero tolerance over this.

The NRL should straight away have pulled them both in and find out what happened. If there was a comment, then suspend Gallen. If there wasn't then explain why Mickey thought there was

either way this thread (and tv this morn) said Paea has come out and said he is not making a complaint because Rugby League has been through enough.

Fair enough for Paea to do this, but the NRL should do all it can to check out the incident regardless. People know it happened, so the NRL cannot really ignore it on a technicality. Surely they can ask the officials what they heard, crank up the audio etc, etc. (Even if they do it off the record and Gallen is told to apologise).

hutch

First Grade
I think it's fair to say Gallen is the biggest low-life in the history of our sport. If he died, i'd celebrate.

thats a disgusting thing to say, you should be ashamed. he plays the game hard, sometimes goes off the rails which he deserves the punishment and criticism for, and he is a damn fine footballer. there have been a lot worse players in the history of our game, and there are worse players in the comp at the moment. fair enough if you dont like the bloke, he is not a lot of peoples cup of tea, but your comments are worse than anything he has ever done on a footy field. wake up to yourself!

Angry_eel

First Grade
thats a disgusting thing to say, you should be ashamed. he plays the game hard, sometimes goes off the rails which he deserves the punishment and criticism for, and he is a damn fine footballer. there have been a lot worse players in the history of our game, and there are worse players in the comp at the moment. fair enough if you dont like the bloke, he is not a lot of peoples cup of tea, but your comments are worse than anything he has ever done on a footy field. wake up to yourself!

He's a f**kin idiot of the highest order. We "don't like the bloke" because he does the most disgraceful acts on the field. He gets protected cause he's coached by an even bigger f**kin idiot.

The sh*t he's doing is not good for the game or the game's future.

TimmyB

Juniors
errr,

I know Mickey (a few years ago... but still) and he's a bloody good kid who loves his Footy. There is nothing spineless about him and he really would put the game first.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I think from the moment he complained to the reports this morning he's seemed very genuine. At the end of the day all that were spokenwere words. Horrible, awful words. However, Micky spoke to Gallen after the game. Clearly he was satisfied that Gallen was contrite. What's the point in taking it further?

I remember when Darren Lehmann was suspended for yelling the same thing outside the Sri Lankan dressing sheds. I was disgusted. Personally, I'd never, ever say it to somebody. At the same time, I don't think you can automatically categorise someone as a racist if they've said it just to get a rise out of someone.

hutch

First Grade
He's a f**kin idiot of the highest order. We "don't like the bloke" because he does the most disgraceful acts on the field. He gets protected cause he's coached by an even bigger f**kin idiot.

The sh*t he's doing is not good for the game or the game's future.

i agree, its not a good look.

however, saying you would celebrate over someones death, for something they do on a sporting field is possibly the lowest and weakest thing ive ever heard, and a million times worse than anything he has committed on the field.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So his actions are racist but he himself isn't a racist? :?

I'm confused.

hutch

First Grade
So his actions are racist but he himself isn't a racist? :?

I'm confused.

it not that hard to understand. he said something in the heat of the moment which was wrong and he regrets. it doesnt mean he genuinely has those views and has an agenda against people of different skin colour or race.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So you're his psychologist now? Ruling out the fact he may have a pre-disposition to say what he said, especially given his history, is a laughable assumption...