What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks coach to Dragons

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
take him frank, all yours merry christmas.

Cronulla have moved swiftly to resolve their coaching crisis by poaching Paul McGregor from the Dragons. He has agreed to a three year deal and will begin duties immediately.

Sources quote McGregor as being unhappy with the constant carping criticism from Dragons fans on social media. "Sack McGregor" was one of the longest threads ever developed and attracted thousands of comments from irate St George supporters.

" I want a fresh start"- a fired up McGregor said. ""I feel that I will fit in very well at Shark Park. There is always a headline here that will take the focus off mÿ coaching. "

. Flanked by the minute Barry Russell, McGregor cut a tall and imposing figure as he strode to his first training session and was introduced to the players.

" Like the late and great Martin Luther King, I have a dream, McGregor began". A dream......a dreeem....a dreeeem- Unfortunately so had I. Mary is still here- AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.

Cronulla have moved swiftly to resolve their coaching crisis by poaching Paul McGregor from the Dragons. He has agreed to a three year deal and will begin duties immediately.

Sources quote McGregor as being unhappy with the constant carping criticism from Dragons fans on social media. "Sack McGregor" was one of the longest threads ever developed and attracted thousands of comments from irate St George supporters.

" I want a fresh start"- a fired up McGregor said. ""I feel that I will fit in very well at Shark Park. There is always a headline here that will take the focus off mÿ coaching. "

. Flanked by the minute Barry Russell, McGregor cut a tall and imposing figure as he strode to his first training session and was introduced to the players.

" Like the late and great Martin Luther King, I have a dream, McGregor began". A dream......a dreeem....a dreeeem- Unfortunately so had I. Mary is still here- AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.
You are cruel I tell ya, CRUEL

Frank Facer

First Grade

It isn't the first of April.

BLM01

First Grade

Dugan just read this and just got drunk on Breezers again

giboz71

First Grade
On the surface anyway, this sort of thing seems relatively minor. He had already been given a contract while suspended, so in theory, he had contact with the club when negotiating his deal. (I don't see how he couldn't have).

The NRL was obviously kosher with this. So why the problem with making roster moves as well?

I know he technically broke the rules, but its a pretty harsh penalty in isolation, given Bellamy was never suspended while his club had 2 sets of books.

I get the feeling this all comes back to the peptide scandal where most felt he got off lightly. I know some suggested he be rubbed out for a long long time because of that.

Looks like they got their wish.

sa1nt5

Juniors
Flanagan was at the helm during the peptides era, suspended, proven to act against the suspension orders and maintain contact with the club... now deregistered as a coach.

Flanagan would be the last coach i'd ever consider I'd want to take the reigns of the dragons.
Really; Steve price is still around you know!

10,000% I’d have Steve Price back over Flanagan.

In fact you could name any coach, past or present, dead or alive...

I’d have anyone above someone who was in charge of a team of young men and allowed, by ignorance, unawareness or intent, his players to be subject to peptide injections. And who afterwards thumbed his nose at the governing bodies who imposed the penalty for doing so.

The above is what’s known. Who knows what else there might be that we don’t.

If ever a day comes where the Saints sign or even consider signing such a person will be the day I’d quit following a club I’ve held dear to my heart for all of my life.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Led the peptide saga
Helped do some salary cap cheating......
Broke rules during his suspension....
Stupid enough to sign Dugan

NO THANKS Frank
I don't think Flanno has had the resources of Bellamy, Robinson or Bennett, but what he has done with Cronulla on the field has impressed me. He had them top 4 before the pep tide scandal, then the year he was ousted, Cronulla finished near the bottom of the table, but then when he came back he has them playing finals footy again. I actually think he may be one of the better coaches in the game.

I do agree with you about him signing Dugan for 4 years at 700K.

If I was to choose any coach to coach us, Bellamy would be first pick,then the likes of Flanno and Brownie would be high up on my list.

RedVDragon

Juniors
On the surface anyway, this sort of thing seems relatively minor. He had already been given a contract while suspended, so in theory, he had contact with the club when negotiating his deal. (I don't see how he couldn't have).

The NRL was obviously kosher with this. So why the problem with making roster moves as well?

I know he technically broke the rules, but its a pretty harsh penalty in isolation, given Bellamy was never suspended while his club had 2 sets of books.

I get the feeling this all comes back to the peptide scandal where most felt he got off lightly. I know some suggested he be rubbed out for a long long time because of that.

Looks like they got their wish.
Flano broke the rules set by the NRL. The storm took their medicine. Bellamy wasn’t the one cooking the books. Flano deserves what he got and good riddance rubbed out of the game forever. Now get rid of the scum sharks for good.

sa1nt5

Juniors
I don't think Flanno has had the resources of Bellamy, Robinson or Bennett, but what he has done with Cronulla on the field has impressed me. He had them top 4 before the pep tide scandal, then the year he was ousted, Cronulla finished near the bottom of the table, but then when he came back he has them playing finals footy again. I actually think he may be one of the better coaches in the game.

If I was to choose any coach to coach us, Bellamy would be first pick,then the likes of Flanno and Brownie would be high up on my list.

Brownie bled Red & White and would still love the Dragons. I would prefer him over Bellamy for that reason alone. Top of my list, also has very good stats

The calm one

Juniors
Trust me. Mr Price will be applying to be employed in the shire. Not saying he will get the job, but old mate who tells me what is going in Dragon land, informs me his application has already been.emailed.

Latest posts