What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks -> Deadwood of NRL

badav

Bench
realredhillboy said:
ffs leave the sharks alone.... no history?...more history than the bronco's have... they have won a few minor premierships.... and they'll win the big one one day

Being around for more years doesnt mean you have more history. When you consider the sharks and the last 40 years there isnt really heaps worth mentioning other than a few great ex players.

fatshark

Bench
The Sharks history goes greater than 1967, but a simpleton like you wouldnt know.
Eg many shire players made up the early 60's Dragons dynasty and Brisbane still had no electricity.;-)

badav

Bench
fatshark said:
The Sharks history goes greater than 1967, but a simpleton like you wouldnt know.
Eg many shire players made up the early 60's Dragons dynasty and Brisbane still had no electricity.;-)

Since when is the history of rugby league in the shire one and the same as the history of the Cronulla Sharks??

coolumsharkie

Referee
badav said:
Since when is the history of rugby league in the shire one and the same as the history of the Cronulla Sharks??

How about you stick to things you know, like queer eye for the straight guy trivia questions and whats happening on the bold and the beautiful.

realredhillboy

Juniors
coolumsharkie said:
How about you stick to things you know, like queer eye for the straight guy trivia questions and whats happening on the bold and the beautiful.

good one sharkie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

badav

Bench
coolumsharkie said:

How about you answer the question you f**king dropkick.

Rugby league in Brisbane goes back alot further than 1988. Does that make it part of the Broncos history??

No.

Get it stupid??

BWNB

First Grade
eels_fan_01 said:
Sharks is alot like Penrith to me, when they are winning its like a dating ground for teenagers when they arent no ones there. Not saying its a bad thing or anything, any big crowd is good.

It is bad i hate the wannabes.

Nullajet

Juniors
badav said:
Being around for more years doesnt mean you have more history. When you consider the sharks and the last 40 years there isnt really heaps worth mentioning other than a few great ex players.

Well versed on the history of our club are you???

How about the fact they are the only club to OWN their ground,
How about being involved in 2 of the toughest GFs ever played and indeed a drawn one.
How about the likes of Steve Rogers, Andrew Ettingshausen Greg Peirce, Gavin Miller, Mark McGaw, Mat Rogers, Tommy Bishop, David Peachey..
How about being involved in the Stupid Super League grand final ...the only GF where a team was allowed to play it in their home ground none the less.
How about the fact that the club has fought back from the brink of bankruptcy to still be here today,

the list goes on..but no, you choose to dwell on the all too oft played (no premierships) taunt.

This club has as much history and then some as the Broncos or most other clubs in the competiton.

It just pisses me off that people are happy to bandy about the demise of a club and actually back the idea!!

Being a devoted supporter of MY club there is no way I would advocate the demise of another because I know how their supporters would feel if it happened. I HATE LOATHE and DESPISE the bulldogs but I would never push for or take glee in the possibilty that they should be cut from the comp....

some of you out there need to show some respect to your fellow league supporters where it counts!

To all of you who wish a club to be cut f**k YOU!!! and i whole heartedly mean that!

realredhillboy

Juniors
badav said:
How about you answer the question you f**king dropkick.

Rugby league in Brisbane goes back alot further than 1988. Does that make it part of the Broncos history??

No.

Get it stupid??

oh ok...:lol: heres a dropkick who thinks the bronco's and the qrl are one and the same. the only time your club cares about the local comp is when they want to poach juniors or destroy local clubs..
your clubs history [or lack of it] begins in 1988

fatshark

Bench
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark
Brisbane still had no electricity.;-)

And yet it was and is still more civilized then the Shire:lol:
Let me guess, you have never been to the Shire.
has the internet just been connected up that way?
Brisbane Forum Threads 781 Posts 10,257
Cronulla Threads 11,507 Posts 292,350

must be the dial up playing up again:sarcasm:

Shorty

Staff member
fatshark said:
And you've been to Brisbane?
And have in depth knowledge of it's football?
fatshark said:

Great,that proves what exactly?

LOL@Dial up,considering most people in Brisbane have cable/broadband
:lol::lol:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
fatshark said:

A compelling argument.

Also, I've had ADSL2+ for almost two years now.

fatshark said:

i havent read all the posts, but surely someone has mentioned the riots?

fatshark said:

brisbane 6 premierships plus the super league
cronulla sharks 0 premierships

brisbane were founded a good 20 years later after cronulla too :lol:

Inferno

Coach
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
brisbane 6 premierships plus the super league
cronulla sharks 0 premierships

brisbane were founded a good 20 years later after cronulla too :lol:

Perhaps if we had the support and money of an entire state behind us with no competition we could have done the same. It will be interesting to see if the Broncs retain the same high standards in the coming decade.

Ari Gold

Bench
Inferno said:
Perhaps if we had the support and money of an entire state behind us with no competition we could have done the same. It will be interesting to see if the Broncs retain the same high standards in the coming decade.

Central Coast could provide that for you; higher crowds, no competition, possibly more money.

gregstar

Referee
swings & roundabouts.

when you're down everyone gets a kick in.

long live the sharks but my gut feel is they'll be part of saints illawarra within a decade.

pity because i like local derbys but it seems they're going to be a thing of the past.

Nullajet

Juniors
robyalvaro said:
Central Coast could provide that for you; higher crowds, no competition, possibly more money.

isnt that where they wanted Souths to relocate not so long ago? How did you feel about that? How would you like other clubs supporters telling you it was a good idea?

Have you learned nothing f**kwit?

its called emapthy...its a valuable and high quality trait in a person!!!!!!