What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks -> Deadwood of NRL

Alan Shore

First Grade
robyalvaro said:
Central Coast could provide that for you; higher crowds, no competition, possibly more money.

Yeah, because moving from Sydney to a regional centre means there's so many more corporate $$$ floating around.

Any Souths fans who goes around advocating relocation/merger/revocation of NRL license is a sanctimonious hypocrite, and should be derided as such.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Great stadium + more people + monopoly over the whole region.

-OR-

Sh*t stadium + less people + stuck in the middle of a congested area with no room to expand your influence.

Yeah, tough decision

Go Nulla

Bench
gregstar said:
swings & roundabouts.

when you're down everyone gets a kick in.

long live the sharks but my gut feel is they'll be part of saints illawarra within a decade.

pity because i like local derbys but it seems they're going to be a thing of the past.

Well if thats the case I will be first to go. I'd never ever ever support the Stains. They have without a doubt the worst egotistical supporters in the game.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Go Nulla said:
Well if thats the case I will be first to go. I'd never ever ever support the Stains. They have without a doubt the worst egotistical supporters in the game.

LOL!! What utter bullsh*t

Especially after reading the pathetic vitriol the Scummulla fans come up with to Saints fans when the gummies are actually winning [aka mainly before about round 15 every year]

Dragons have more sense than to let the poorer cousin merge with them

Inferno

Coach
robyalvaro said:
Central Coast could provide that for you; higher crowds, no competition, possibly more money.

The central coast is an entire state is it dumbass?

I was comparing the Sharks to the Broncos. What makes you think the crowds would be higher? We have had poor year footy wise, more monday night games than anyone else save the Knights and some absolutely horrendous weather for home games. In general our crowds have been good over the last decade or so.

badav

Bench
realredhillboy said:
oh ok...:lol: heres a dropkick who thinks the bronco's and the qrl are one and the same. the only time your club cares about the local comp is when they want to poach juniors or destroy local clubs..
your clubs history [or lack of it] begins in 1988

Deadset, how stupid are you seriously. Did you even bother to read what i wrote. Because if you did you'd notice i have written that i have in basic terms that just because rugby league in Brisbane goes back past 1988, doesnt make it part of Broncos history.

Similarly, just because rugby league in the shire goes back before 1967, doesnt make it part of Cronulla sharks history.

I cant dumb it down for you anymore than that. Your agreeing with me but your too stupid to realise it.

And your second point is totally ridiculous. Brisbane poaching juniors. Ohhh nooos. what do you want them to do start breeding footballers in test tubes??

Surely

Post Whore
badav said:
Deadset, how stupid are you seriously. Did you even bother to read what i wrote. Because if you did you'd notice i have written that i have in basic terms that just because rugby league in Brisbane goes back past 1988, doesnt make it part of Broncos history.

Similarly, just because rugby league in the shire goes back before 1967, doesnt make it part of Cronulla sharks history.

I cant dumb it down for you anymore than that. Your agreeing with me but your too stupid to realise it.

And your second point is totally ridiculous. Brisbane poaching juniors. Ohhh nooos. what do you want them to do start breeding footballers in test tubes??

Can you dumb down the opening paragraph please.

Surely

Post Whore
Aotearoa_NewZealand said:
anyone mentioned shark park was a rubbish dump yet?

Has anyone mentioned this

nospam09.com said:
Tuesday, 6 February 2007

New Zealand gets a visit from Rugby League heavyweights

NRL officials and several high profile ex-players will visit New Zealand and join the Warriors for a promotional expedition next week.

NRL CEO David Gallop, ex-referee Bill Harriagn and former players Tallis, Daley and Fenech will be special guests at a seminar to boost the NRL profile in New Zealand.

Recent seasons have been hard for the NZ Warriors and the visit is intended to jump start NRL interest over the ditch.

Inconsistent results, player turnover and shocking weather has seen the Warriors crowd figures drop by the highest percentage of any NRL team. The Warriors now have the worst crowd average in the league, dipping below Melbourne at the 2006 season.

Figures like this sent shockwaves through the NRL administration and suddenly the focus went from Melbourne to NZ. The Melbourne Storm have always been the subject of speculation regarding crowd figures and their long term future, however their consistent good results and ability to make the finals regularly has seen them increase crowd figures in recent seasons.

2006 salary cap scandals only added to the Warrior woes, losing competition points before kick-off and a franchise that is tearing up money faster than a punter on Melbourne Cup day.

Privately the NRL is worried for the Warriors future; which is why the high profile cast including Gallop will make the trip over next week to sure up local support.

The Warriors kick off their season against Parramatta on Saturday March 17; with their first round match being played at home in Auckland.

All this from a one team country

Surely

Post Whore
Shorty said:
And you've been to Brisbane?
And have in depth knowledge of it's football?

Great,that proves what exactly?

LOL@Dial up,considering most people in Brisbane have cable/broadband
:lol::lol:

and a pair of ug boots, i especially like them when worn with a skirt.

Generalzod

Immortal
gregstar said:
swings & roundabouts.

when you're down everyone gets a kick in.

long live the sharks but my gut feel is they'll be part of saints illawarra within a decade.

pity because i like local derbys but it seems they're going to be a thing of the past.

Gregstar If that ever happens the NRL has lost me forever as Rugby League supporter.

Shorty

Staff member
Surely said:
and a pair of ug boots, i especially like them when worn with a skirt.
Wow,this comeback...it's so strong...I can't go on.

:roll:
Isn't it interesting that you've only replied attempting to flame people rather than address the topic at hand.

taipan

Referee
robyalvaro said:

Central Coast want to be the Bears.
Anycase why would the Sharks want to pay dead rent ona ground,when they pay no rent on one they own,and they have a fair swag of juniors (which havwe been growing each year).
More money ,they have Toyota who have a large set up in the Shire and many other local businesses,and will have further sponsorship availabilities with the new stand.
A move out of the Shire is not going to happen,get used to it and get on with life .
A winning Cronulla get crowds,just like any NRL team,losing teams and there have been many in the ARL/NRL don't.

spider

Coach
Shorty said:
Wow,this comeback...it's so strong...I can't go on.

:roll:
Isn't it interesting that you've only replied attempting to flame people rather than address the topic at hand.
lol - you hit the nerve on this one surely

bit of readback finds there was no problem responding to flame shots - when it suited

the thread title in itself was petrol to fire - the tiltle should have mentioned 'thick skin required'....

sharks crowds are down on average 2000 year to date as opposed to 06

wow - we should pack up shop now

Shorty

Staff member
spider said:
lol - you hit the nerve on this one surely

bit of readback finds there was no problem responding to flame shots - when it suited

the thread title in itself was petrol to fire - the tiltle should have mentioned 'thick skin required'....

sharks crowds are down on average 2000 year to date as opposed to 06

wow - we should pack up shop now
Actually,I never indicated anything about moving the Sharks or taking them out of the NRL.
If you did read back,you'd see what I wrote.
I think this is a stupid thread,the Sharks aren't going to go anywhere it's pretty blatant.

However attempting to have a dig at Brisbane in terms of civilization is pretty ironic...

spider

Coach
Shorty said:
Actually,I never indicated anything about moving the Sharks or taking them out of the NRL.
but you happily responded to flame shots

If you did read back,you'd see what I wrote.
so you wont me to be selective then for your arguments sake

I think this is a stupid thread,the Sharks aren't going to go anywhere it's pretty blatant.
its a funny thread - it has provided a good laugh

However attempting to have a dig at Brisbane in terms of civilization is pretty ironic...
ha ha - your being a bit sensative

as i said shorty - the title should have mentioned a 'thick skin' required

funny stuff

big pat

Coach
their's a lot of hatred here for such a great day,its friday everyone should be getting fired up for the weekend, lots of good matche's on, should be a bit closer to finding out who will survive or who can forget this year.