What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks headhunt new coach behind Stuart's back

redback

Bench
Well I agree with you that he shouldn't have been the dragons because he was so close to the team.
I think it would be the last thing the club needed. Where would we be if he came over and turned out to be another Raper. We would not be supporting a team for very long because there would be no team to support.[/QUOTE

Mate, Stupid has won 1 game out of the last 15. How long will the fans continue to support the club?

RgSharks

Juniors
Well I agree with you that he shouldn't have been the dragons because he was so close to the team.
I think it would be the last thing the club needed. Where would we be if he came over and turned out to be another Raper. We would not be supporting a team for very long because there would be no team to support.[/QUOTE

Mate, Stipid has won 1 game out of the last 15. How long will the fans continue to support the club?

If you stop supporting your team when they are losing than you are not a true fan. I hate it that the team is losing as much as you.
It hurts to see them playing the way they are. But I'm still supporting them and hope that they can turn things around. But if they don't i will still be supporting them.

redback

Bench
If you stop supporting your team when they are losing than you are not a true fan. I hate it that the team is losing as much as you.
It hurts to see them playing the way they are. But I'm still supporting them and hope that they can turn things around. But if they don't i will still be supporting them.

Maybe you and I will, but alot won't! It's a business and at the moment a very unsuccesful one!

Frenzy.

Post Whore

ahh fekking hell, the season has uncovered another twuey, twue, twuest of the twue fan.

Give us a lesson on how to be a twuey, twue fan please mister.

Eion

First Grade
Nathan Brown, should never have been coaching the Dragons at that time, he was too close to the players, and was coaching players, only couple years before was on the field with.

Take note how professional he was, when Dragons announced Bennett was coming, he didnt spit the dummy, accepted his fate, then when Wayne Bennett took over, he mentioned how professional Brown had left the club.
So brown's unprofessional in coaching the dragons when he shouldn't have and professional in how he handled getting the ar$e. I'm convinced... straight swap - dicky stupid for browny.

Avenger

Immortal
Nathan Brown is one of the best men you would ever meet. He will succeed and improve your side, if he gets the gig.

Eion

First Grade
Ghandi's wasn't a bad bloke either but I wouldn't want him coaching the sharks.

carcharias

Immortal
Nathan Brown, should never have been coaching the Dragons at that time, he was too close to the players, and was coaching players, only couple years before was on the field with.

Take note how professional he was, when Dragons announced Bennett was coming, he didnt spit the dummy, accepted his fate, then when Wayne Bennett took over, he mentioned how professional Brown had left the club.

On coaching in England, Huddersfield are not the best club, dont have as much money but has turned them around, he will only come back a better coach, and is what the club needs

good post.

you make a good argument and back it with a few sort of stats ( dunno if they are true or not ) .

I actually like Brownie...he was almost a Shark in Super League...even had his pic taken training in sharks clobber for a SL poster.
I think his demeanour would suit the Sharks enviroment.
Last bloke similar to him did alright.

but lets not forget the old saying ..."nice guys finish last".

However I am dead against sacking Ricky.
Sacking coaches doesn't win anyone anything.

redback take note ...this is how you get your point across without being called a fugwit ( and rightly so ) by everyone.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think he is a misguided fool Carch.
To think any coach can change the current environment with different systems is fantasy land. We still don't have a left centre!!!
What the club needs is money. Not a new coach.

Eion

First Grade
I think he is a misguided fool Carch.
To think any coach can change the current environment with different systems is fantasy land. We still don't have a left centre!!!
What the club needs is money. Not a new coach.
Agree, I'm not a massive ricky lover but I have always said the problems at the club are much more than can be leveled at the coach.

There is no compelling case to suggest brown could do a better job than stuart. If someone said they could organise a straight swap, bennett for stuart, that'd be a different story.

carcharias

Immortal
hey I am only agreeing on the bit about Brown being to green for first grade when he first started.

I also think Brown's laid back attitude might be suited at the sharks.
Lang was a similar sort of dude.

I don't think Ricky should be sacked....but in the future should he leave when his contract is up I wouldn't mind Brown having a go.

Nobody else in history can do it for us.

be kind of ironic if he did.

Hughesy215

Juniors
Ok I've read this forum thread start to finish before forming my opinion. We don't have the money to fire ricky, we shouldn't renew his contract if we want to start new with these young guys starting to come through.

Post 2011 season does anyone know what coaches will be on offer in a price range that we could afford?

Latest posts