What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Related Podcast Eps

DJDL

First Grade
When we started Sharkcast podcasts were new and fresh. Credit to Sam for being on the cusp as it was all his idea. We were the first supporter pod in the entire NRL world and were in the press as a result which was wild to me.

Kudos to you both for being ahead of the curve on that one.
I haven't been a regular listener for years but it's still the only one I'll listen to if I have time.

These days every man and his dog has a podcast.

I often muse to myself about what conversations must be like when people introduce themselves these days:

Person 1: "Hi, I'm <insert name here>"
Person 2: "I'm <insert name here>. What's your podcast called?"
Person 1: "<insert podcast name here>. What's yours?"

At any rate, glad to hear you're getting on top of the mental health side of things.

Cheese sandwich

First Grade
Been waiting to hear this for so long.

I am 100% with you on the pulling back from a team dictating your happiness state. I also care a lot less these days overall and it’s a lot better to not have a footy loss ruin a weekend. Having two kids to concentrate on and explaining how a sharks loss is perfectly fine and part of life has really helped that.

I think winning in 2016 was my ‘that’ll do pig’ or ‘yoda drifting off moment’. I didn’t even celebrate much post win and was just exhausted after it all.

Still enjoy the pods for a listen and a laugh at the click bait/engagement bait of Fins Up occasionally as well.
2016 was like that, I thought if we won the comp I'd go on a week long bender but after the game it was just a mixture of relief, contentment and exhaustion all rolled into one. Took a few years to start really getting right back into it but I definitely care again. Sometimes too much but not at pre 2016 levels.

Mako-Ver

Juniors
2016 was like that, I thought if we won the comp I'd go on a week long bender but after the game it was just a mixture of relief, contentment and exhaustion all rolled into one. Took a few years to start really getting right back into it but I definitely care again. Sometimes too much but not at pre 2016 levels.

Me & BBB made up for your absence that week

Latest posts