What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks rule out safe haven if Carney and Roosters part ways

Ken Ebb

Juniors
1 Gardner
2 Williams
3 Best
4 Kelly
5 Stapleton
6 Carney
7 Graham
13 Gallen
12 Smith
11 Bakuya
10 Gibbs
9 De Gois
8 Ross

14 Tagatese
15 Tupou
16 Morris
17 Fifita

Don't see the point in weakening our strength (back row) by putting Graham straight in there, not at this stage anyway. He developed pretty well in the halves last year and deserves another crack, Carney would take a heap of pressure off him.
Give Kelly a go in the centres. Can not be any worse than what we have. Tonga had a blinder yesterday and I reckon he's a similar size to Kelly so we can't use the size excuse.
We'd have good depth in the forwards (Mannah, Green, Frizzell, Cordoba) halves/hooker (Townsend, Robson) and backs (Mills, Pomeroy, Luetele, Wright)

azzah72

Bench
Why Not:

Gardener
Hotdog
Bakuya
Best
Stapleton

Carney
Townsend

Ross
De Gois
Gibbs

Smith
Gallen
Graham

Tupou
Taga
Fifita
Morris/Kelly

Special K

Coach
Forget Kelly as a centre at 172cm and 82kg he just is not big enough (Lawrence is 187cm/96kg, Tonga is 183/98kg and GI is 195cm/108kg for ref).

I love team picking threads :sarcasm: but I would run with

1. Gardner 2. Mills 3. Pomeroy(he will be there lets face it) 4. Best 5. Williams 6. Carney 7. Townsend 8. Gibbs 9. Morris 10. Ross 11. Smith 12. Gallen 13. Graham 14. Tupou 15. Fifita 16. Tagtase 17. De Gois

Real punch from the bench with Gall pushing up to prop as our 4th prop in the team. I want Kelly in the team but I am not sure he is currently better than Townsend. We need Kelly, Carney and Gardner in the team imo. The only way I can think is if we drop Morris have De Gois go 80 at 9 and rotate Kelly with Graham in a roaming type role?

Leaving Kelly, Robson, Cordoba, Tuafua, Bukuya(always injured hence left out), Green etc as depth.

We still need better players in the backs ffs. Knowing Flanno we will probably end up with

1. Best 2. Gardner 3. Pomeroy 4. Mills 5. Williams 6. Carney 7. Graham 8. Gibbs 9. De Gois 10. Fifita 11. Smith 12. Tuafua 13. Gallen 14. Tupou 15. Taga 16. Robson 17. Morris
[-(

Last edited:

Ads

First Grade
Another off season of bulking up could get Kelly into the high 80's which would be OK. Our centres are the clear weakness now. Lets hope we can find someone else to come into the team

Ads

First Grade
He said himself recently he was always a centre. Its not so far fetched. We have crap options at the moment in the centres.

Poss

Juniors
I'd chuck Stapo in the centres.
I reckon he was our best outside back at the backend of the season.

cb4

First Grade
I'd chuck Stapo in the centres.
I reckon he was our best outside back at the backend of the season.

I like Stapo, nice kid, but please, back that up.

He scored 2 tries, in the one game.

How many line breaks ect did he make?

He was far from our best back. john Williams had a better finish to the season.

newman

First Grade
Centres and wingers at the club:

Best
Pomeroy
Williams
Frizell
Mills
Ike
Pickered
Leutele
Matthew Wright
Stapleton
Tagatese
Morris*
Tupou*
Bukuya*

*best played elsewhere.

Surely we can come up with a a decent centre pairing out of that list?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Can we make an offer to this bloke?

Jamie Roberts

Jamie-Roberts.jpg

6"4", 110Kgs plays Centre.

Latest posts