What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks rule out safe haven if Carney and Roosters part ways

shaggs

Coach
Leutele should not be near anyone's first picked side. He is awful. He makes pom look like GI.

cb4

First Grade
pom
leading try scorer with 9 big boys for the year.
plus 4 line breaks.

Is that 2 or 3 years now, we have been the only team to not have a player in double figures?

We didnt kick a 40/20 either from memory!

Quigs

Immortal
9 tries Carch. As munch as i hate stats, that one really says a lot about our attacking backline. 9 bloody tries wins you leading tryscorer.

Quigs

Immortal
The limmo could buddy up with Toddy. Show him the light so to speak and Toddy could return the favours with a few well timed hospital passes.

chewsta

First Grade
Why not Tags in the centers? He already runs great angles and makes line breaks out of nothing. With Speed and size to burn he'll kill it and anyone that gets in his way running off Carney.
Friz is similar to tags, I'd like to see them given a shot.

Ads

First Grade
Why not Tags in the centers? He already runs great angles and makes line breaks out of nothing. With Speed and size to burn he'll kill it and anyone that gets in his way running off Carney.
Friz is similar to tags, I'd like to see them given a shot.

Lateral movement. He is a sloppy defender in the forwards as it is.

Ken Ebb

Juniors
Carney made the chook's centres look very good the year before last, hope he can do the same for the sharks.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Forget Kelly as a centre at 172cm and 82kg he just is not big enough (Lawrence is 187cm/96kg, Tonga is 183/98kg and GI is 195cm/108kg for ref).

I love team picking threads :sarcasm: but I would run with

1. Gardner 2. Mills 3. Pomeroy(he will be there lets face it) 4. Best 5. Williams 6. Carney 7. Townsend 8. Gibbs 9. Morris 10. Ross 11. Smith 12. Gallen 13. Graham 14. Tupou 15. Fifita 16. Tagtase 17. De Gois

Real punch from the bench with Gall pushing up to prop as our 4th prop in the team. I want Kelly in the team but I am not sure he is currently better than Townsend. We need Kelly, Carney and Gardner in the team imo. The only way I can think is if we drop Morris have De Gois go 80 at 9 and rotate Kelly with Graham in a roaming type role?

Leaving Kelly, Robson, Cordoba, Tuafua, Bukuya(always injured hence left out), Green etc as depth.

We still need better players in the backs ffs. Knowing Flanno we will probably end up with

1. Best 2. Gardner 3. Pomeroy 4. Mills 5. Williams 6. Carney 7. Graham 8. Gibbs 9. De Gois 10. Fifita 11. Smith 12. Tuafua 13. Gallen 14. Tupou 15. Taga 16. Robson 17. Morris
[-(

He's the same size as Renouf and tackles better than Pearl. Kelly could be a centre, he just wouldn't fit the modern day mould. Which is not mandated.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
IMO

If you have Todd Carney in your team you play him at 6. That's his best spot because he's at his best with that extra few metres of lateral space. To that end you don't want a showboat inside him. He needs good quick, swift ball so for me the best halfback options to go inside Carney are least popular picks here. Robson 1 and Morris 2 as they would simply serve it up on a platter. I also reckon that apart from maybe SFP Robson looks like having the best kicking game of all the halves at Cronulla.

I'm a Chadophile but have to be objective and agree with cb4 and others in that he needs to follow a similar path as DCE.

Kelly isn't a halfbacks quoit.

Card Shark

Immortal
Last week we offered todd $300000. The titans offered $30000 plus incentives.

I severely doubt we would offer him that much, with or without incentives.

Except if we win the comp. Then he will get the penthouse suite of the development.:)

Last edited:

Latest posts