What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks! v Melbourne press conference madness. NRL fines Storm $50,000

If the storm is going to be sued by the clowns of the NRL, Could Melbourne Storm Counter Sue the NRL for Loss of revenue because of the inept coverage of the sport in Melbourne and the lack of promotion?

Last edited by a moderator:

sass

Juniors
I hope they sue.

Then the judiciary members will have to explan the inconsistantcies (sic) in their findings. Do they and/or the NRL really want every contentious decision the judiciary has handed down since 1998 ? eg why was this player charged and not this one, why did this player get 6 weeks and this one 4 ?

Just from last nights game, why did tellyapapa not get penalised and faualogo got a number of weeks for a similar offence last year ? WHy did white get only a penalty when luke o'donnel got sent off ? If you apply these principals to every charge over the past decade the judiciary member might suddly find they have a lot of explaining to do.

Does the NRL really want it's dirty laundry aired in public ?

totally not true - if they do sue it will have nothing to do with issues like talapapa because that's not the judiciary's call - it's the refs.

to answer a charge in court waldron and bellamy would have to prove there was substantial truth to what they said - that the judiciary predetermined the result and that bookies were notified.

good luck to them doing it and it would be a colossal waste of money for both sides (which are both - really - just the nrl and news)

there's no way there'll be a lawsuit.

it will get league some press in melbourne thought - so well done boys!

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Regardless of who you support Cameron Smith grabbed and twisted Thaiday by the head. Simple, this is not allowed.

Jeremy Smith didn't help things with his SPICY CHICKEN FILLET BURGER TACKLE at the same time, however Cammy had to go, simple as that he looked like he was taking the head off a prawn.

Actually as far as contact with an opponent's head it was one of the worst I have seen.

Bubbles

Can we take back that Mark Rudd Goose of the week award and give it to this moron.

The worst you've seen? How many games have you watched? 2? That IS the biggest wank outright lie I've ever seen, bubbledick.

My dead grandmother could've hit harder then that.

As much as the management of the NRL is questionable at times, you can't bring disrepute to the game.
I guess the NRL will be getting a nice Christmas Bonus thanks to Melbourne. :lol:

They already do an excellent job of that themselves.

What would be really good now is for the Storm to call the NRL's bluff - openly say they are not going to pay the fine, and say it this week. What is the NRL going to do? Call off the GF?

_Johnsy

Referee
While I agree with ink re: seige mentailty, it only makes them look like petulant whinging kids who have had their bag of lollies taken off them, and it is getting tiresome.

j0nesy

Bench
Best chance of getting a headline in Melbourne on AFL grandfinal day.

True hatred between Sydney and Melbourne is a road the AFL has never gone down, because most people in Sydney don't actually give a sh*t about Melbourne, but Melbourne people are as bad as Kiwis when it comes to the whole jealousy thing.

Having all of Melbourne feeling like the merkins in Sydney are putting sh*t on them is the way to make them care about RL.
It wouldn't work for AFL, because Sydney people don't care what Mexicans think or do.

My thoughts exactly, it is commonly referred to as an inferiority complex. Should provide great publicity for the GF in Victoria.

Loudstrat

Coach
Well, what a rant!

Gotta be the biggest whinge over a penalty by a WINNING coach and CEO. Wonder if Geyer had got marched 10 for backchatting? There's be 14 tank
divisions crossing the Murray heading north!

As for the Smith suspension - he got TWO WEEKS! What if Bellamy had coached Bob Cooper? There would be purple suicide bombers everywhere from Bondi to the Tree Sisters.

what does that have to do with NSW??? youd have to wonder how much of the NRL's money is generated by NSW clubs...

if news reports are to believed there isnt much money being made by NSW clubs these days...

Umm, maybe because 10 of the 16 clubs are in NSW you dumb nunce!

Video footage showed headbutts against Slater.

Yet when others threw punched at Storm players they were the saviors of all that is good in the world.

I would love to stay and continue but I am going to an AFL grand final.

And stay there you f*cktard AFL troll. Come back when you know something about a decent game, not that sleeveless sh*t!

innsaneink

Referee
While I agree with ink re: seige mentailty, it only makes them look like petulant whinging kids who have had their bag of lollies taken off them, and it is getting tiresome.
Yep, but Im sure they wont give a rats how they look if it helps get them home.

Parra

Referee
Just add 50 grand to the amount News take out of the NRL each year and add 50 grand to the Melbourne prop up amount. That way, the other clubs can pay for Melbourne's petulance as well as their existence.

The Melbourne Storm - dole bludgers of the NRL. And proud of it.

Noa

First Grade
Just add 50 grand to the amount News take out of the NRL each year and add 50 grand to the Melbourne prop up amount. That way, the other clubs can pay for Melbourne's petulance as well as their existence.

The Melbourne Storm - dole bludgers of the NRL. And proud of it.

All better still just take $50k off the $100k we got for winning the minor premiership. The third in a row by the way.

little_aza

Juniors
best $50k we'll ever spend - the club stood up for cam, so hopefully he feels indebted to us to and signs up for a deal as unselfish as cronk's!!!

Fathead

Bench
Gotta love Gallops remarks " You want to see some leadership. how about $50K - thats leadership" GOLD.

Latest posts