What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks! v Melbourne press conference madness. NRL fines Storm $50,000

_Johnsy

Referee
Didn't he tell his players to take justice into their own hands when grappled? Meaning hit them hard.

What is suppose to happen when players have a free license to hit others?

See say something and let people draw their own conclusions.

Was Brown fined as he was questioning the ability of refs to perform their job?

No,

He did none of the above, he said what his players should have done if faced with what they received that game, in particular when Nightingale was held by 3 storm players so Slater could lay into him wiith free reign. Slater claimed he was headbutted, he wasn't. Brown then said after copping a belting while being held, the only thing he did wrong was not headbut him. Se the difference ?

Ryles was sent of for reacting to being stomped on, a small kick that would have not broken an egg, again he said the only thing ryles did not do correct (to justify being sent off) was put one on his chin once he was kicked. I can understand to try to defend your franchises actions, but Are you really that bling or thick ?

Evolution

Juniors
Storm knew they would be fined when they made the tirade.

You do know when someone sues dirty laundry from each side is put out to dry. With leagues history of players fighting in court it may well turn out that the whole Judiciary system is destroyed if they try it.

Evolution

Juniors
No,

He did none of the above, he said what his players should have done if faced with what they received that game, in particular when Nightingale was held by 3 storm players so Slater could lay into him wiith free reign. Slater claimed he was headbutted, he wasn't. Brown then said after copping a belting while being held, the only thing he did wrong was not headbut him. Se the difference ?

Video footage showed headbutts against Slater.

Yet when others threw punched at Storm players they were the saviors of all that is good in the world.

I would love to stay and continue but I am going to an AFL grand final.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
$50,000.00 fine against melbourne,and pending LEGAL action against Bellamy and Waldron,by the judiciary panel members.
Get That Into Ya Melbourne.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope they sue.

Then the judiciary members will have to explan the inconsistantcies (sic) in their findings. Do they and/or the NRL really want every contentious decision the judiciary has handed down since 1998 ? eg why was this player charged and not this one, why did this player get 6 weeks and this one 4 ?

Just from last nights game, why did tellyapapa not get penalised and faualogo got a number of weeks for a similar offence last year ? WHy did white get only a penalty when luke o'donnel got sent off ? If you apply these principals to every charge over the past decade the judiciary member might suddly find they have a lot of explaining to do.

Does the NRL really want it's dirty laundry aired in public ?

God-King Dean

Immortal

Yet when others threw punched at Storm players they were the saviors of all that is good in the world.

I would love to stay and continue but I am going to an AFL grand final.

Oh f*ck off he did.

You dirty little liar.

the Lock8

Juniors
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa at David Gallop and his $50,000 fine. He still hasn't woken up that the NRL and its judiciary have about as much integrity and credibility as Carl Williams.:cool:

El Diablo

Post Whore
I hope they sue.

Then the judiciary members will have to explan the inconsistantcies (sic) in their findings. Do they and/or the NRL really want every contentious decision the judiciary has handed down since 1998 ? eg why was this player charged and not this one, why did this player get 6 weeks and this one 4 ?

Just from last nights game, why did tellyapapa not get penalised and faualogo got a number of weeks for a similar offence last year ? WHy did white get only a penalty when luke o'donnel got sent off ? If you apply these principals to every charge over the past decade the judiciary member might suddly find they have a lot of explaining to do.

Does the NRL really want it's dirty laundry aired in public ?

what are you on about :?

Gould was sued because of comments he made about the judiciary a few years ago and there was no contentious decisions that helped him or hurt the NRL

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm very interested to know why Taulupapa wasn't put on report.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah I think the fact that Taulupapa had something to retaliate to is the reason.
The hit was late and was going to grace Cronulla with a penalty had he not retaliated.

roopy

Referee
Best chance of getting a headline in Melbourne on AFL grandfinal day.

True hatred between Sydney and Melbourne is a road the AFL has never gone down, because most people in Sydney don't actually give a sh*t about Melbourne, but Melbourne people are as bad as Kiwis when it comes to the whole jealousy thing.

Having all of Melbourne feeling like the merkins in Sydney are putting sh*t on them is the way to make them care about RL.
It wouldn't work for AFL, because Sydney people don't care what Mexicans think or do.

_Johnsy

Referee
That whole be the premise of Bellamys argument.

Media attention makes charges not the NRL.

Nice sidestep, I take that as you conceding you are wrong or are unable to back up your ficticious claim. If someone headbutted slater, why were they not cited ?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Evolution said:

He goes through the motions of a headbutt more than once. Can you prove it did not hit?

So we've gone from Nightingale headbutting him, to going through the motions of a headbutt ? Which is it ?

And you want ME to prove something that didn't happen ? :lol:

Tell me... if there's video evidence of a headbutt, why wasn't he charged ?

innsaneink

Referee
Like the Storm give a sh*t about $50k...its News fining News....this is siege mentality, nothing more- its a ploy...they dont care what it takes to win next week.....why they waited until they were sure they were in the big one, imo