What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Village development?

newman

First Grade
Ausguy. I understand your apprehension, I too felt the same.

I'm no mug, I'll back my biz credentials against most people (i teach post grad masters level university students in business strategies) and I am extremely, extremely excited about this development. And I think most other people will be too when they see the whole picture.

and given this govt has weeks to live what issues does that pose?

sharks and the libs have already been in discussions or some sh*t.

was on the website.

a new liberal government wouldnt wanna piss off its constituants with some bullsh*t blocking of the shires next big thing.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Im still a bit lost with the part where we give our land to a developer, who builds shyt on it, then sells it, gives us a cut, but we still own it.
I want some of that.

Quigs

Immortal
Legos for poofs. Meccano I say, the real metal meccano.

I just hope that something happens that guarantees our survival.

The longer we live, the more it gives 'them' the sh!ts.

Our survival as a stand alone club is a victory in itself.

The Far Q

Ausguy

Coach
Im still a bit lost with the part where we give our land to a developer, who builds shyt on it, then sells it, gives us a cut, but we still own it.
I want some of that.

thats a bit like still getting jobbers of an ex gf even though you've moved on.

Ausguy

Coach
Ausguy. I understand your apprehension, I too felt the same.

I'm no mug, I'll back my biz credentials against most people (i teach post grad masters level university students in business strategies) and I am extremely, extremely excited about this development. And I think most other people will be too when they see the whole picture.

Well i dont know you from a bar of lux.... so i will come along and listen. Anyone who smiles at me or tries to feed me some BS look out....

azzah72

Bench
I too am pretty excited about this, I don't know as much as newman as I didn't go to the info night but the person I was talking too did divulge some of the ideas that were forthcoming such as the supermarket and other aspect. What I didn't know (or wasn't told) is that all the info nights are happening so soon.

I'll be there, I'll have alot of question, I will rattle the cage with the best of them if only at the end, to be satisfied that the future of our club is in safe hands and i'll have a team to support till the day I die .... hopefully with a premiership!

newman

First Grade
So you dont believe I was there?

Oh well, that's your perogative. Pretty weird or lame thing to make up though Ausguy. Others on here who have Met me in person can vouch that I wouldn't make something like this up, for what it's worth.

Ausguy

Coach
Newms most of the time im just stirring the pot....

the reason im not getting excited, like azzah above is cos we are still so far away from this actually happening, you know what they say no point getting your hopes up.

Im just a firm beliver of il believe it when i see it.

Ausguy

Coach
aus

i sent ya a thing a couple of weeks ago.

thats was probably the melding of the minds

and yeah i wasnt at it.

yeah i got that and it was appreciated.... thanks.

I just hope that it doesnt turn to sh*t, the sharks wont survive if this doesnt get off the ground. That much i know.

Ausguy

Coach
On a serious note for anyone who knows....

who can vote on this proposal ?

It is the leagues club being renovated for the benefit of both it and the football club.

What members have voting rights, football only, leagues only or both? and the info night do you need to be a member? can i bring friends? Info on specifics pls?