What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall not guilty of assaulting former partner Jess Peris

I hope this isn't true. I'm proud of our Kiwi side for having no players who bring the game into disrepute, unlike the Australian side which is choc full of them from top to bottom.

Plumplechook

Juniors
If his girlfriend has the same views on white men as her mother, then it's not surprising there have been troubles. Did she fly a sexy black man in on the government dollar?

This comment is despicable and outs you as a sexist as well as a racist scumbag. What sort of low-life leaps to the defense of an alleged woman-beater because his girlfriend happens to be Aboriginal?

Totally vile. I hope the mods ban you.

firechild

First Grade
If SKD had done anything violent or the police felt the chick was in danger they can issue an AVO that is effective immediately rather than going through the application process(as this AVO seems to be) so take from that what you will.

Not correct. The police make an application for an AVO and an interim AVO is put in place until the matter is heard by a court. This is the same for all AVOs.

Final AVOs are determined based on balance of probabilities (rather than beyond reasonable doubt). They can also be accepted by a person on a "no admissions" basis, meaning the AVO is in place but there has been no legal determination of any wrongdoing. This is often because the cost of fighting them is not worthwhile given an AVO is not a criminal finding.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Gee, some posters opinions have done a 180 degree turn over the last 5 years.
Much like the NRL.

Maybe it all depends on which club the accused plays for.

Well I guess we can't blame the current administration for the dumb f*ck David Gallop and his inept leadership.

I'm happy for the bloke to continue to play if he is denying any wrong doing. Everyone should have their day in court to prove their innocence or otherwise.

If he did it - piece of gutless shit. If he didn't then hope it gets resolved quickly.

Lambretta

First Grade
Fact : roosters fans are generally merkins

Judging by some of the responses in here I have to agree with you

On Sunday morning I messaged all my Roosters mates and said "SKD needs to be stepped down from the team" - every one of them agreed

I was disappointed to read the clubs response to this, that his standing down was because he wasn't in a good headspace. f**king what? Six counts of aggrivated assault and he isn't in a good headspace.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Perhaps they know more than you about the case?

Robbo is a man of very high integrity. I'll trust his judgement on this one. Granted it's not solely his decision but he'd have a huge amount of input.

thorson1987

Coach

On Sunday morning I messaged all my Roosters mates and said "SKD needs to be stepped down from the team" - every one of them agreed

I was disappointed to read the clubs response to this, that his standing down was because he wasn't in a good headspace. f**king what? Six counts of aggrivated assault and he isn't in a good headspace.

So you dont think that maybe if he is innocent, having these charges against him wouldn't be messing with his head?

insert.pause

First Grade

I felt the same way, it's just an uncomfortable look for the roosters and the game for him to play, but we can't prejudge him, and legally the clubs have to be careful not to open themselves up to future litigation by a player who may be innocent and believe his case & reputation was prejudiced or damaged by the clubs action to suspend him.

shiznit

Coach
Perhaps they know more than you about the case?

Robbo is a man of very high integrity. I'll trust his judgement on this one. Granted it's not solely his decision but he'd have a huge amount of input.
Yeah I agree...

I don't get this incessant need to rush to judgement in these matters.

No one is condoning domestic violence. They are just allowing both parties there due process.

darcy

Juniors

He hasn't been convicted of anything.
People can allege anything about others.
Just because the cops charge people with crimes doesn't mean the people are guilty.
The cops have charged many innocent people with crimes.

In this country we're supposed to have an "Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" legal system.
Supposed to have.
Liars are everywhere.
It's high time that system is 'reinstated'

If SKD pleads not guilty he must be allowed to keep playing until his trial.

His trial; SKD v his accuser, the Police Prosecutor[the cops]/NSW Police Force/the State

Hope he has a good lawyer/team of lawyers...for if convicted he could well be playing footy at Long Bay.
"Actual bodily harm", if they get him for that isn't the sentence a max of 10 years in prison?

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
He is innocent until a court finds him guilty. However, given his high profile as an NRL player and the image the code and his employer, the Roosters, wish to put forward, the latter are under no compunction to select him to play. The Roosters beat a pretty decent side by 24 points yesterday, so its not like they desperately need him.

If he's found not guilty, the club would be bound to pay him his normal contract moneys. So it's not a case of an innocent player losing financially anyway.

The maximum penalty for Assault Causing Actual Body Harm is 5 years imprisonment, or 2 years if dealt with in a Local Court. He's also been charged with Common Assault, 10 charges in all. The complainant has standing and it would seem the case against him is reasonably strong. I doubt he'll do time but with the current campaign against domestic violence (and rightly so) it couldn't have come at a worse time. I suspect the Roosters and the NRL will wipe him like a snotty nose if he's found guilty.

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade
He hasn't been convicted of anything.
People can allege anything about others.
Just because the cops charge people with crimes doesn't mean the people are guilty.
The cops have charged many innocent people with crimes.

In this country we're supposed to have an "Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" legal system.
Supposed to have.
Liars are everywhere.
It's high time that system is 'reinstated'

If SKD pleads not guilty he must be allowed to keep playing until his trial.

His trial; SKD v his accuser, the Police Prosecutor[the cops]/NSW Police Force/the State

Hope he has a good lawyer/team of lawyers...for if convicted he could well be playing footy at Long Bay.
"Actual bodily harm", if they get him for that isn't the sentence a max of 10 years in prison?

think it's only 5 years, but everything has degrees. Probably doesn't help his case when the premier of the state publicly declares that he should more or less be made an example of.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Not saying the guy is guilty and legal system must run its course, therefore within reason he should bbe allowed to play until the matter is resolved.

But if he is found guilty and given the polticial sensitivity around domestic violence (royal commission etc), I think given he is a fairly high profile footballer he will get time, than deported back to NZ, passport stamped no return to Oz.

Canard

Immortal
Not saying the guy is guilty and legal system must run its course, therefore within reason he should bbe allowed to play until the matter is resolved.

But if he is found guilty and given the polticial sensitivity around domestic violence (royal commission etc), I think given he is a fairly high profile footballer he will get time, than deported back to NZ, passport stamped no return to Oz.

I think that your first para is probably what will happen.

The second part, well that will be a good test case for Tony's new laws!

I wonder if he has Australian Citizenship? And can that be revoked for a Kiwi?

Im guessing other Kiwis that have been deported are NZ nationals only.

lockyno1

Post Whore
If Auvua got 12 months, then SKD if guilty should get the same. Stood down until the court proceedings too

Latest posts