What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall not guilty of assaulting former partner Jess Peris

mave

Coach
Gee, some posters opinions have done a 180 degree turn over the last 5 years.
Much like the NRL.

Maybe it all depends on which club the accused plays for.

El Diablo

Post Whore
here we go

2gse2iv.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
the AFL have a player running around who has been charged with rape and he's allowed to play http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-trial-over-alleged-rape-20141216-1284pl.html

the media doesn't care about that so why should the NRL stand SKD down?

Id prefer we set our own moral compass, certainly not use a organisation as morally questionable as afl to set our bar.

Also afl controls its media and doesn't have the likes of rothfield and Wilson heaping sht on it and driving a negative public perception of the game.

magpie4ever

First Grade
As well there should be.

Although domestic violence covers a wide range of activities that include physical assault it seems that the focus is only on those who statistically end up worse off after a physical assault has occurred and reported to police. You see it any time domestic violence is brought up, and there is no examination whatsoever of the usual series of escalations that preceded physical violence.

I remember old advertisements about domestic violence that would show a couple arguing, fighting, throwing things at each other. Now it's just a father coming home from work and belting the wife and kids for no reason.

Jessica Peris' previous exploits are an interesting read. She assault her former parter with an electricity board, but then gets "scared and intimidated" when he takes it off her and throws it at the wall.

That is all true, that is why I said earlier it doesn't matter what is said or done by the other half - you need to walk away. There can be no reason to strke out, be baited, if (say) the women hits out, walk away - you are a real man if you do.

I also don't believe she was not charged with assault - only a (notorious Murdoch) newspaper reported that it went down that way.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Id prefer we set our own moral compass, certainly not use a organisation as morally questionable as afl to set our bar.

Also afl controls its media and doesn't have the likes of rothfield and Wilson heaping sht on it and driving a negative public perception of the game.

I don't think we should hang a possibly innocent bloke out to dry because of image perception.

If SKD is found guilty his career will rightfully be in tatters, if he avoids jail.

I hope there is more to this than there appears, it really doesn't seem to be his go. Pretty sad.

I hope Mike Baird isn't suggesting the NRL should have different standards than every day society.

Surely that's not how I'm supposed to interpret his earnest comments.

RWB

Bench
Mike Baird said SKD deserves his right to innocence but should be stood down.

Is there such thing as a smart politician? One who isn't capable of contradicting himself within the space of a few seconds?

bileduct

Coach
Mike Baird said SKD deserves his right to innocence but should be stood down.

Is there such thing as a smart politician? One who isn't capable of contradicting himself within the space of a few seconds?
Here's a picture from earlier today...

1437292206839.jpg

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
My god there are some dumb pieces of crap in here.
Grievous bodily harm isn't something you can just make up.

insert.pause

First Grade
Wow, what an irresponsible and silly thing for a premier to say in public about an open case that hasn't even seen the inside of a courtroom yet. He said he should be stood down until it's proven, as if it won't be not proven, so according to Baird he is guilty and won't be found innocent. He has prejudiced the case.

kbw

Bench
My god there are some dumb pieces of crap in here.
Grievous bodily harm isn't something you can just make up.

You most definitely can.
I have seen it, someone I knew tried to set someone up. Thankfully it didn't work

Tommy Smith

Referee
Wow, what an irresponsible and silly thing for a premier to say in public about an open case that hasn't even seen the inside of a courtroom yet. He said he should be stood down until it's proven, as if it won't be not proven, so according to Baird he is guilty and won't be found innocent. He has prejudiced the case.
The only person that should be stood down is Mike Baird.

Disgraceful prejudicial comments.

Latest posts