What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall not guilty of assaulting former partner Jess Peris

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
That's a good start. If the media circus grows though, that position needs to be maintained. Look at this thread, people are already losing their **** and treating him like he is guilty.

TheFrog

Coach
SKD expected to plead not guilty

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...mas-to-beat-warriors-240-20150719-giflhe.html

If that's the case - then I'd err on the side of caution and allow him to play

But as a club, the Roosters need to be as sure as they can of his innocence if they're going to stand by him

It is one thing to indicate you will plead not guilty. It is quite another to actually do so. His name is besmirched whether he plays or not. He can still be paid his salary if found not guilty and stood down.

The Roosters can play him if they want, but they and the game will be the recipients of a lot of ill will if they do so.

They have no injuries whatsoever which is one of the main reasons they are looking so good in this year's premiership. They should treat him as their first one.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
time for the press and public witch hunt led by the usual suspects to cease and let all the facts be known before anyone is judged. It's not the olden days of public execution which many are wanting the NRL to engage in over this- best to stay out of it Baird(Liverpool plains should be your focus)/Wilson(enough said) and co and leave it up to the judicial system.

bileduct

Coach
So whilst I'm not a law expert, we should really only pay any heed to the threats, smashing the phones and the Peris hitting him with the powerboard, not the choking accusations right?
There's not enough information to say either way.

The only reporting I've seen of the previous incident are those two articles. The first one contains allegations of actual serious physical abuse (him supposedly choking her) but those allegations are not mentioned in the final judgement.

Those charges could have been thrown out in the process or may not have been part of that particular judgement at all.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It is one thing to indicate you will plead not guilty. It is quite another to actually do so. His name is besmirched whether he plays or not. He can still be paid his salary if found not guilty and stood down.

The Roosters can play him if they want, but they and the game will be the recipients of a lot of ill will if they do so.

They have no injuries whatsoever which is one of the main reasons they are looking so good in this year's premiership. They should treat him as their first one.
Ill will from idiots should not be taken into account.

If someone has ill will towards the player, club and game because they don't believe into the presumption of innocence in the judicial process then the administrators should not pander to them.

I couldn't give a f**k what Rebecca Wilson writes in an article. If SKD is adamant of his innocence then he should have the right to play.

And our lack of injuries probably isn't the best motive to stand him down :lol:

bileduct

Coach
Lol I have moron, just because it doesn't suit your agenda.
Either way if it is innocent until proven guilty, perhaps extend that to Jessica as well.
People are going to make up their minds irrespective of the judicial process.

If the background of Brett Stewart's accuser was known I am sure that they wouldn't have been so quick to make their judgement.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

Thanks for your thoughts Rebecca Wilson.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
People are going to make up their minds irrespective of the judicial process.

If the background of Brett Stewart's accuser was known I am sure that they wouldn't have been so quick to make their judgement.

I regret being fooled by news ltd with some of their more questionable claims on the Brett Stewart case. So I tend to err on the side of letting players play up until conviction unless there are other factors at play. (Like say the accusation is on top of a debauched night out in the hours before a game)

darcy

Juniors
time for the press and public witch hunt led by the usual suspects to cease and let all the facts be known before anyone is judged. It's not the olden days of public execution which many are wanting the NRL to engage in over this- best to stay out of it Baird(Liverpool plains should be your focus)/Wilson(enough said) and co and leave it up to the judicial system.

Exactly! and if Baird approves the Chinese mine @ the Liverpool plains he should be booted out of office at the first opportunity.

Where was Baird when it was the Souths sinners, Sharks sinners, Manly sinners etc facing charges and the courts etc?
Answer; nowhere to be seen or heard.
Now, when a Roosters player is charged he's on tv going for it at full pace.

Newspaper journalists who have criminal records themselves, drink driving is a crime, an even bigger crime when there are kids in the car, should shut their mouths.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Ill will from idiots should not be taken into account.

If someone has ill will towards the player, club and game because they don't believe into the presumption of innocence in the judicial process then the administrators should not pander to them.

I couldn't give a f**k what Rebecca Wilson writes in an article. If SKD is adamant of his innocence then he should have the right to play.

And our lack of injuries probably isn't the best motive to stand him down :lol:

Word for word almost what I was going to say. There are idiots who believe every headline they read - that's hardly a reason to step him down. Unfortunately there have been clubs who have muddied the waters by being overly trusting/gung ho in this regard (Hi Souths!) which makes the situation a lot more precarious.

Rebecca Wilson is just simply the biggest f**kstain in journalism, which is like having the best moustache in Mexico - it's a fair achievement.

darcy

Juniors
At least SKD made bail...you never know these days with those "shock jocks" seemingly screaming out for anyone charged with a serious crime to be denied bail.

The trial "boxing match" is about to begin...accuser/cops/the state in one corner...and SKD in the other.
It must be a terrible/mind-bending/soul-destroying thing to be happening to him...basically seemingly promised eternal love and happiness one minute like Braith and Mini have, then next minute being at the cop shop having his fingerprints and mugshot taken, and facing charges that could see him carted away from the court in a prison van.
Waking up every morning must be a total nightmare for him.

SKD needs to come out 'swinging'...the cops and the state surely will, make no mistake.
He needs to tell all, everything, every word his accuser spoke, and every action she did...all of it, in the whole time they were together.
No 'Sir Galahad "save the woman" chivalry' tripe, he's on trial for his 'life'.

Canard

Immortal
At least SKD made bail...you never know these days with those "shock jocks" seemingly screaming out for anyone charged with a serious crime to be denied bail.

The trial "boxing match" is about to begin...accuser/cops/the state in one corner...and SKD in the other.
It must be a terrible/mind-bending/soul-destroying thing to be happening to him...basically seemingly promised eternal love and happiness one minute like Braith and Mini have, then next minute being at the cop shop having his fingerprints and mugshot taken, and facing charges that could see him carted away from the court in a prison van.
Waking up every morning must be a total nightmare for him.

SKD needs to come out 'swinging'...the cops and the state surely will, make no mistake.
He needs to tell all, everything, every word his accuser spoke, and every action she did...all of it, in the whole time they were together.
No 'Sir Galahad "save the woman" chivalry' tripe, he's on trial for his 'life'.

What the f**k is this tripe?

You have painted they guy as a down trodden victim with zero information in the case

Please seek medical help

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think those convicted should be banned from the game for life. But I don't think they should be punished just for allegations. Let the courts do their thing and when the court makes a decision act quickly and strongly at that point.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Apparently Dave says the NRL are tough on women beaters. If a few months out of the game is tough is up to interpretation I guess?

Rosetta

Juniors
The police had no choice here, there is no way they are going to knock back a single mum of aboriginal background making such serious allegations, if they did and there was even an ounce of truth then the aboriginal community would riot. Take it before the courts with every charge possible and air it all out, it's the best for everyone in this case.

Danish

Referee
Apparently Dave says the NRL are tough on women beaters. If a few months out of the game is tough is up to interpretation I guess?

Well its a hell of a lot tougher than any other sports code in the country, let alone the actual judicial system

darcy

Juniors
The police had no choice here, there is no way they are going to knock back a single mum of aboriginal background making such serious allegations, if they did and there was even an ounce of truth then the aboriginal community would riot. Take it before the courts with every charge possible and air it all out, it's the best for everyone in this case.

Take it before the courts with every charge possible?
The cops are supposed to have evidence before they go charging people with crimes.
Or maybe that's what used to happen in NSW when the cops-legal system was seemingly fairer than it is today.

If SKD gets shafted the non-Aboriginal community should riot.

Latest posts